Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-speak-bob-putnam/)
-   -   ERA FIA Seat Swap (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-speak-bob-putnam/145754-era-fia-seat-swap.html)

CSX2345 03-21-2022 01:59 PM

ERA FIA Seat Swap

Hello,

Just wanted to see if anyone with an ERA FIA would be interested in trading their FIA competition seats for a pair of street (289/427) seats.

I'll cover the shipping and any additional costs.

PM if interested.

Thanks

CompClassics 03-21-2022 02:21 PM

The original FIA Cobras had one FIA competition seat and one stock Cobra seat. Having two of the same of either would not be per original specifications.

xb-60 03-21-2022 04:29 PM

Like this, on CSX2345....

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/pict...ictureid=20147

CSX2345 03-22-2022 02:38 AM

Thanks guys.

Yes, the original FIA/USRRC cars usually had a stock seat installed on the passenger side.
However most ERA 289 comp. cars I have seen had 2 FIA seats.
That being said I'm ok with a mix and match deal, if someone wants to trade one FIA seat for one street seat.
I'm open to adding cash on my end as well.

BTW great pic xb-60

patrickt 03-22-2022 07:04 AM

You know, I bet I've seen a million pics of original Cobras were it appeared that nobody ever treated their seats. Never. Why? How hard was it to put a little conditioner and protectant on once or twice a year?:confused:

twobjshelbys 03-22-2022 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickt (Post 1504549)
You know, I bet I've seen a million pics of original Cobras were it appeared that nobody ever treated their seats. Never. Why? How hard was it to put a little conditioner and protectant on once or twice a year?:confused:

Why? It was a race car. As disposable as a hammer with a broken handle. Rebuildable after a wreck, but who cared how the replacement handle looks as long as it works.

I've seen a few street cars and their owners care :)

crendonman427sc 03-22-2022 03:35 PM

Have sent you a PM!

Regards

David

6TNCRZY 03-22-2022 08:48 PM

I have 2 brand new, never installed ERA FIA seats that I will sell or trade, please send me a PM

Craig

Harpoon PV2 03-22-2022 10:03 PM

Patrickt, what usually happened was, the first owner took care of the car, then somewhere either the first or subsequent owner stuffed it back in the garage or barn. As time went by, it became a major task to clear a path to the Cobra, because all the other junk that hadn't been used in years got piled up and around! You would think that once Cobra's started to hit $200,000 back in the 90s, people would start taking care of them, but seeing all the recent finds, the answer is a big fat no! Cheers, Dennis

CSX2345 03-22-2022 10:19 PM

Thanks for the replies everyone!
PM's have been sent and responded to.

Just a quick note on the street/stock seats, these are the
newer type with the steel frame and rubber bladders.

Cheers

Kit Coyle 03-23-2022 01:56 PM

Are these the ERA leather seats or are they the vinyl ones? Thank you.

CSX2345 03-23-2022 07:50 PM

The seats are vinyl, but very high quality and look and feel like leather.

CSX2345 03-25-2022 06:39 PM

Thanks again everyone.

The search is over.

I have secured a set of ERA FIA seats from a friendly forum member.

Cheers