Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-speak-bob-putnam/)
-   -   ERA for auction on BaT (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-speak-bob-putnam/145916-era-auction-bat.html)

Harpoon PV2 05-25-2022 10:37 PM

I think if you are going to pick a non standard color, you should look around and see if you can find an original that was painted that color back in the 60s - 70s, especially if it had a race pedigree! I think a lot of us, who are not yellow fans, would look differently at a car that paid tribute to an original yellow car! Having said that, I've always loved Tera Browne's AC289, better known as the Psychedelic Cobra. Would I paint a kit Cobra that color? Heck no! But at least it would have an original car to point to! Cheers, Dennis

1985 CCX 05-26-2022 11:00 AM

The color is a big WOW!
Guessing that was a limiting factor.

DanEC 05-27-2022 04:59 AM

Apparently. There’s a Contemporary on there now that’s a more conventional color and was up to $75k last time I looked. However, it also has a full sideoiler set up in it and was clean as could be. So, it apparently isn’t the auction site that was responsible for the low ERA bids.

KarlzEE Bebout 05-27-2022 07:21 AM

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

patrickt 05-27-2022 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarlzEE Bebout (Post 1506770)
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

Yes, but it helps if your beauty catches as many eyes as possible.:cool:

PDUB 05-27-2022 09:10 PM

Yes,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harpoon PV2 (Post 1506715)
I think if you are going to pick a non standard color, you should look around and see if you can find an original that was painted that color back in the 60s - 70s, especially if it had a race pedigree! I think a lot of us, who are not yellow fans, would look differently at a car that paid tribute to an original yellow car! Having said that, I've always loved Tera Browne's AC289, better known as the Psychedelic Cobra. Would I paint a kit Cobra that color? Heck no! But at least it would have an original car to point to! Cheers, Dennis

exactly, Dennis! That is what I did for 2459R, my Unique Motorcars tribute to the men and their machine... not for everyone, but just perfect for others.

Part-3-The-Color

Part-7-Body-Transformation-continued-paint-wet-sand-and-buff

And the color is the most difficult decision!

Harpoon PV2 05-27-2022 10:02 PM

I have really liked your car from the minute I saw it. That is one yellow car I could live with! Cheers. Dennis

PDUB 05-31-2022 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harpoon PV2 (Post 1506804)
I have really liked your car from the minute I saw it. That is one yellow car I could live with! Cheers. Dennis

Thanks, Dennis! Much appreciated!