Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-speak-bob-putnam/)
-   -   ERA Motorsport Mania Wear (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-speak-bob-putnam/15206-era-motorsport-mania-wear.html)

Jim Holden 03-07-2002 06:41 PM

ERA Motorsport Mania Wear

Turk, Walter Kreuchi and Greg Kulp*:

I've got your orders for ERA Motorsport Mania Wear (dang, I better say that's copyrighted) shirts and jackets packed up and ready to go tomorrow (the 8th)

*Greg: I am out of the medium jackets, but plan to put in another order before Carlisle.

Jim Holden

Greg Kulp 03-08-2002 03:19 AM

Where to send $'s

Hey Jim,

Thanks. Where do you want me to send the $'s. Let me know what I owe for the Mania Wear and shipping. I'll send a check for the whole order, you can get the jacket to me when you have one.

Thanks,

Greg

JWheaton 03-08-2002 08:59 AM

Jim:

I have missed the boat completely or my emails are not getting to you.

Any XXLarge shirts in the casual wear department?

Where and how much do I send money to. If it has a New Brit address I will think twice. :D

THey have my money already

JW

Jim Holden 03-08-2002 09:43 AM

JW:

...for just such as you, we have a mail "drop" in a different state.

Actually, ERA Motorsport Association, Inc. (holder of all rights to ERA Motorsport Mania Wear) is a not-for-profit membership corporation incorporated in New York. While a couple of the "prinicpals" (unnamed) at ERA (CT.) are Directors and Officers we have sought to put some modest distance between our world headquarters and theirs... something about not wanting to be collateral damage.

Yes, I know, far more than you wanted to know.

I am not sure whether or not I have any more 2X in the box at the "warehouse" (in our case, the wearhouse) but plan to order another batch in time for Kit Car Carlisle in May.

Jim Holden

PS: I didn't know that there were any more of us "full figured gals" out there. I had to have the GT350 bucket seat in my FIA "taken out" after several fittings.

JWheaton 03-08-2002 12:43 PM

I am just planning to pad the floor of the Cobra. I am saving bundles in build costs with not needing seats and all.

Jim Holden 03-08-2002 01:14 PM

Folks:

If you want a picture of the jacket and the current shirt send me an e-mail @ jholden@bestweb.net.

I will reply.

Jim Holden

Jim Holden 03-14-2002 06:59 PM

Folks:

Word back from several new ERA Motorsport Mania Wear-ers from "all over the world" is that everyone seems to like the apparel (with one exception and I'll get to him in a moment).

This little ERA Motorsport project is being done by several long time ERA owners on their own time and expense. We would like to have other items done if their is interest and our aim is to do it at cost as part of the creation of an ongoing ERA Motorsport "Club". Lord knows where it will all lead to, but hopefully the end result will be fun and fellowship.

Over the years we have had weekends a Lime Rock Vintage Races, "counterculture" bbqs at SAAC Conventions.

For those of you located in the NE, once spring breaks (and it felt like it was here today) what say a Sat shop tour at ERA followed by a meeting at Paradise Pizza (Portante tested) to discuss "direction."

Anybody interested in talking?

Jim Holden

PS: Oh, and the one ERA Motorsport Mania Wear-er who was a bit of a problem? He (who shall remain nameless, but goes by a middle eastern nickname on this forum) apparently likes the shirt and the jacket well enough, but sought to negotiate "terms" of payment. Something about zero down, zero financing and 60 months to pay...

Greg Kulp 03-14-2002 07:55 PM

In the loop

Hey Jim,

Yup, the shirt is great. Great quality shirt and embroidery work. Hopefully you have received my check by now. Let me know when you have a medium jacket available.

Keep me in the loop on the get together at ERA. My weekends are full with trying to complete the car and lots of travel to my son's soccer tournaments, but I'll be there if that weekend is open on my calendar. Sounds like great fun.

Thanks,

Greg

Jim Holden 03-21-2002 08:06 PM

ERA Motorsport Maniacs:

I have placed an order for black baseball caps with the round ERA Motorsport logo and black windbreakers with the round ERA logo on the front and the "new" ERA Motorsport "checkered flag" logo on the back. I'll have them at Kit Car Carlisle for those that are interested.

Also we'll have the "historical" original* ERA T shirts as worn by Doug and Ritchie in the shop. Just the thing to wear when working on your ERA or as a night shirt for your significant other. Much sexier than a thong...

I'll order some more medium weight jackets in the fall.

Jim Holden

*I use the work "original" here with some trepidation as the word has acquired new meaning on this forum. In this instance it means: by the original manufacturer, from the original molds (design) and by the original workers still located in the same place here in NE.

Turk 03-22-2002 11:34 PM

I love the pricing of the jacket and the T-Shirt. At those prices I think I will order a couple of them hats too.

Nice to get something out of CT, without waiting 10 months.
Hey Jim, you are not back ordered too, are you?

TURK

RICK LAKE 03-23-2002 02:25 AM

Hi Jim Jacket is great, the shirts are just as well. I want to order 2 more jackets. 1 X-Large, 1 Large. Can we get names on the front of the jackets for an extra charge?? I want 2 hats, and 3 shirts, 2 X-Large 1 Large, like the ones Doug wheres. Tell me how much and the check will be in the mail. I did not get my ERA windshield manufactors name sticker, asked PETE 3 weeks ago. It cost me a small some of money to get my car in the kit car writeup in Kit Car mag. I am only trying to help?? Hope you are well. Waiting to road racing you guys in PA. I will drive better this year. Hope you do not get thrown off the track this year. Rick Lake

Bob Putnam 03-23-2002 05:30 AM

<<... as worn by Doug and Ritchie in the shop. Just the thing to wear when working on your ERA or as a night shirt for your significant other. Much sexier than a thong... >>

Hey! I've got a couple "Series One" T-shirts, complete with lots of holes from welding and sweat stains. Women will just flock around you (or something). :cool:

http://www.erareplicas.com/tour/shirt.jpg

But I ain't sellin'. :p

Jim Holden 03-23-2002 05:31 AM

Turk:

...ah...er backordered? Naw, it just takes us a bit of time to order up the stuff, get the stuff (usually 3 weeks or so)from our faithful source (she's still in love with Peter after all these years) and then find some time to pack it up and get it out the door to UPS.

Rick:

I'm on to you guys trying to bribe (what do I mean trying, the little socket head kid grabbed the money)to have me thrown off the track. This year it's no holds barred.

Jim

PS: Speakin of Peter, another gal who has been in love with him for 45 years a writer for a local paper wrote an article about Peter and a mutual friend, their "mentor" Gino. Damned scandal that this 60 year old retrobate still has these gals pining after him... Cripes, if they ever got his shoes off the'd see his cloven feet.

Turk 03-23-2002 09:05 PM

How do we know those are welding holes, not bullet holes?

TURK
You guys wouldn't be selling T-shirts taken away from corpses that have been shot and and passing them off as T-shirts worn by welders, would you?

cobra 03-24-2002 10:36 PM

Dear Mr Holden

Do you sell only the round ERA logo because I would make an upgrade to my " old " black windbreaker.

Walter

Jim Holden 03-25-2002 06:59 AM

Turk:

Peter P. is the only one who takes any shots around ERA. Everyone else runs for cover... They still practice "duck and cover" every week.

Walter:

The windbreakers that have been ordered have the same "checkered flag" logo on the back as the jacket I recently sent to you.

Jim Holden

cobra 03-25-2002 10:22 PM

Jim

Sorry, but I thought to buy the round ERA logo on the front of the windbreaker.

Walter