Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-speak-bob-putnam/)
-   -   gt40 wheels (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-speak-bob-putnam/48230-gt40-wheels.html)

Lloyd GT40 12-17-2003 04:01 PM

gt40 wheels

Stricklypersonal

Have you had any experience with Jongbloed wheels? I'm interested in their 17" pin wheels. Any problems on ERA hubs.

Thanks Bob

Lloyd

strictlypersonl 12-18-2003 02:31 PM

Lloyd,

We haven't dealt with Jongbloed for a while, but someone who has (for new GT wheels) coincidentally came in today and mentioned them. Apparantly, Jongbloed has a new production engineer that actually gets stuff out on time and per spec.

Not that they had problems before. :rolleyes:

Lloyd GT40 12-18-2003 04:07 PM

Dave Wharran put them on his 40. Require very detailed measurements to place the order. I don't know how the average person would be able to give them what they want. If you get a chance check the order form on their website. $3500 for a set of 17" wheels.

www.jongbloedwheels.com

Lloyd

strictlypersonl 12-19-2003 03:59 AM

Lloyd,

You'll have to fill me in on the details of your car.

1075 flares front and/or back?

Standard brakes?

What kind and size of tires are you planning on?

Lloyd GT40 12-19-2003 07:23 AM

Bob

Flares both front and rear. I'm looking at 315 r35/17 on rears
245? on front. Brakes i'd like to look at either stainless or Baer brakes something a little more substantial than corvette brakes.
Peter says my kit should be available after the first of the year. So i'm still in the planning stage. I'm in their your place a lot on Saturdays maybe we can sit down and discuss it. I sure you can help with the order form.

LLoyd

strictlypersonl 12-20-2003 05:39 AM

Lloyd,

Wheel dimensions are posted here.

We'll have to make sure that there's enough room for your brakes. I'm working on a system with late model 'Vette calipers and 13" rotors right now.