Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-speak-bob-putnam/)
-   -   Delivery Time on your ERA 427 (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-speak-bob-putnam/57354-delivery-time-your-era-427-a.html)

cbmax 09-05-2004 06:25 AM

Delivery Time on your ERA 427

Okay, to anyone that has purchased an ERA Cobra 427 "Turnkey Minus"

How long was delivery from the time you put down your initial deposit?

BLACKJACK 09-05-2004 08:56 AM

HI, CBMAX,

THERE ARE A LOT OF VARIABLES AS TO THE TIME IT TAKES: YEAR TO YEAR, MONTH TO MONTH, BACKLOG AT THE TIME.

THE ONLY ANSWER THAT I CAN GIVE YOU IS THAT - - WHATEVER IT IS AT THE TIME - IT'S WELL WORTH THE WAIT.

THE GUYS AT ERA HAVE A REPUTATION FOR UNCOMPROMISING CRAFTSMANSHIP THAT THEY ARE VERY PROUD OF.

QUALITY TAKES A LITTLE LONGER BUT GIVEN THE LENGTH OF TIME THAT YOU'LL BE DRIVING YOUR COBRA - AND ENJOYING IT'S QUALITY - THE WAIT IS REALLY A SMALL FACTOR.

YEAH - I OWN A COUPLE OF ERA CARS BUT PETER HAS YET TO EVEN BUY ME A BEER. THEY'RE JUST REALLY GOOD PEOPLE MANUFACTURING REALLY GOOD CARS. I DON'T KNOW OF ANYONE WHO HAS EVER QUESTIONED THE QUALITY OF THE ERA CARS OR THE INTEGRITY AND QUALITY OF THE PEOPLE.

WAIT - BITE YOUR NAILS - SWEAR - CALL PETER DAILY - DRIVE HIM NUTS - - - - IT IS WORTH THE WAIT.

Y'ALL HAVE A REALLY GREAT DAY.

BLACKJACK

cbmax 09-05-2004 02:49 PM

Thanks BlackJack

I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

However, still like to hear from real customer's how long there particular "turnkey minus" took from deposit to delivery.

BlackJack, how did you order your 427, when and how long did it take?

ERA649 09-05-2004 03:00 PM

16 months - a long wait but worth it.

Turk 09-05-2004 03:30 PM

If they tell you 8 months or 18 months, you can pretty well bank on it.

TURK

427Aggie 09-05-2004 04:40 PM

It all depends..sometimes things drop out and you can move up quickly..when I talked to Peter about my GT40 I was told 2 years but they were trying to work that down..now if I wanted right hand drive he had a tub ready :) Nope I need that time to save the freaking money.

I was told 8 months right now on the 427's though..>I was checking for a friend.

Matt

John Martin 09-05-2004 05:22 PM

The painter had it for thee of the nine , seemed longer :rolleyes:
but would do it again .
This time i will leave it un painted ! You can take it to the super market and park it on a shopping cart .

joea 09-05-2004 05:40 PM

ordered in January 2003 received March 2004. The painter had it for awhile. Well worth the wait..

sgianino 09-05-2004 05:58 PM

I would figure how long you always wanted a Cobra......say around the last 15 or so years and divide that by your age then add a few weeks for a little cushion:LOL: Honestly i would say around a year give or take.......remember there will be alot of decisions to make that you will be glad of the extra time to think of things over and over and over..........When you say "turn key minus" minus what?

SAl

cbmax 09-05-2004 06:07 PM

Minus the motor and tranny.

Thanks everyone!

ERA 626 09-09-2004 09:10 PM

wait

whatever they tell you you sould just deal with it, it is well worth it...
The best part is the way they deal with you after the sale. Peter is second to none when it comes to customer service.

decooney 09-09-2004 11:12 PM

If possible, the best thing to do is to find something else to keep your mind busy and concentrate on for a while during the wait. Some find it hard to contain themselves at times, :) :) but its worth it. All the folks at ERA are a class act. Good Luck. :)

Chaplin 09-10-2004 06:21 AM

If I remember correctly, it was almost a year to the day from order to delivery- which is exactly what they told me. And that included about 10 changes to my invoice along the way. It does not matter what the wait is, it is worth it.

Besides, the wait will give you all the time you need to make the hardest decision- what color to paint it**)

BTW, where in NJ are you? There are a few ERAs in NJ and hopefully there will be a cruise organized sometime in the coming month. Anyone interested?

Jim Holden 09-10-2004 10:12 AM

Chap:

I'm over in central Westchester, which tant all that fer from northern Jersey. The only challenge would be that at themoment my car is up in the trailer in NB.

Jim

cbmax 09-10-2004 06:37 PM

Chap

I'm in Sussex County.

Mailed my deposit check on 9/8.

Keep me posted on any upcoming events.

Thanks!