Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-speak-bob-putnam/)
-   -   Era # 708 (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-speak-bob-putnam/65964-era-708-a.html)

cbmax 07-05-2005 02:47 PM

Era # 708

1 Attachment(s)
Took a ride to New Britain, CT today.

cbmax 07-05-2005 02:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Think I finally figured how to post photos.

Another view.

cbmax 07-05-2005 03:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the motor.

Had to really compress this one to get it to attach.

When I took the photo, I forgot to drop the pixel size.

Cracker 07-05-2005 03:46 PM

Gotta love a red Cobra - nice looking car!:3DSMILE:

Tongue Pirate 07-05-2005 07:03 PM

Peter told me that one was mine! ;)

Very nice!

JWheaton 07-05-2005 07:19 PM

Chris,

Car is looking good. Did Peter give you an ETA?

JW

cbmax 07-06-2005 03:52 AM

JW,

As usual, Peter was running around like a mad man. Couldn't pin him down on an ETA.

However, I did speak with Doug who is the technician building the car. He said he would probably get in two days on the car next week and than really get going full force the week of 7/20.

I've been waiting since 9/04, what's a little longer!

I am hoping for a Labaor Day Weekend cruise!

CB

REDSC400 07-06-2005 05:32 AM

I was up to ERA yesterday (7/5) to pick up a few parts, and it looked swell. Who did you engine?

jamvan 07-06-2005 05:59 AM

CB:

Car looks great. While I am sure you would like to have the car ready to drive by Labor Day, remember you will still need to get the titling and registration done. That may take you a little time - I am sorry to say. Have you already looked into that?

Also, I found that keeping "gentle pressure" on the guys at ERA is best, don't push too hard. You do not want to rush it at this stage. Also remember, you will need to do some "sorting out" on the car once it is finished.

Any help I can give you, let me know. Also, how you getting the car to NJ? If you need help with a trailer, let me know.

Jim

Tongue Pirate 07-06-2005 06:14 AM

Peter is a little tough to pin down & you are right. What is a little more time. YOu're time will come soon enough & a couple months down the road you will have forgotten all about the wait...or even the moment the car is in your hands ;)

Rob_R 07-06-2005 07:05 AM

Chris,
That is a stunning car!! Congratulations. As Jim said, the NJ title/registration process can take a while. The good news is that the fall season is one of the best times for cruising in NJ.

I hope to see you out on the road.

Robert

JWheaton 07-06-2005 07:26 AM

Turnkey?

Chris,

Will you be getting a turnkey from ERA?

Save some vacation days in August to run around to all the different MVC locations you will need to visit.

cbmax 07-06-2005 12:31 PM

RED:

Engine done by Danbury Competition.

Jim:

I have a quote from Intercity lines to transport car. If you have access to an enclosed trailer, maybe we can talk.

JW:

Car will be a turnkey.

As for insurance, I am leaning towards American Hobbyists. I already have the special vehicles motor vehicles packet. I ordered it last year shortly after placing my order with ERA.

Any difficulties with doing intial paperwork / registration on Wayne, NJ?

JWheaton 07-06-2005 12:44 PM

Chris,

To have the title issued you will need to go to Trenton. That is the only location that create the title for a kit or specially contructed vehicle. Others may know ways around this, however, my experience had me getting one piece of information and having to get new information from the MVC. :confused: :CRY:

Now keep in mind I purchased an already titled car and was looking for a new title. I did inquire while in Trenton what the deal would have been had I just had the MSO. She told me I would still have had to talk to her.

As I said -- ask around but verify with the MVC.

Jamie

P.S. Do what you can now and get another packet from MVC. You never know when things change.

jamvan 07-06-2005 12:53 PM

Chris:

I do have an enclosed 16' custom aluminum trailer which I use to haul my car. Easily towed by an SUV (thats why I got it). What did Intercity quote you to deliver? If you are interested, we can talk.

Jamie is right, plan on a day in Trenton to get your paperwork moving. Also figure you will have to spend a day at the NJDMV Special Vehicle Facility (Morristown) to have the car inspected. I do believe you need to make an appointment with them which can sometimes be booked 1-2 weeks in advance. Most importantly, have all your paperwork in order!!!!!!

Jim

cbmax 07-06-2005 01:35 PM

Jim

Quote from Intercity: $578.00

CB

Chaplin 07-06-2005 02:00 PM

Chris-
Send in all of your papework to DMV in Trenton (and unfortunately your check for sales tax :( ) as soon as you can. After Trenton receives the paperwork, it will a couple weeks for them to process it. Once Trenton processes the paperwork, you then have to contact Morristown for the reconstructed vehicle safety inspection. Depending on the time of year, this could take a long time- I had to wait almost 2 months for an appointment. I sent in my paperwork in July and went for the safety inspection the end of September.

And congrats on the car, it looks great. Can't wait to see it.

DonC 07-06-2005 04:02 PM

CB:
If you've only been waiting since 9/04 you haven't payed your dues yet. I went from 6/03 to 9/04. How much extra did you have to slip them under the table?
Great looking car and whatever the wait it will be worth it.
Congratulations.
DonC

cbmax 07-06-2005 05:11 PM

Don

I know, I know......

But it is still killing me.

I really hope it isn't a prolonged process to get it legal once it is delivered.

With my luck we'll have an early winter and it will be next spring before I can drive it.

CB

Tongue Pirate 07-06-2005 05:24 PM

Just have it shipped out west. There are a few of us who can take care of the break-in for ya :D