Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-speak-bob-putnam/)
-   -   ERA at Lime Rock on Labor Day (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-speak-bob-putnam/66166-era-lime-rock-labor-day.html)

ack fia 07-11-2005 01:23 PM

ERA at Lime Rock on Labor Day

Is the ERA gathering at Lime Rock this coming Labor Day weekend a sure thing? I'm making reservations and buying tickets now. What day(s)? Where do the "overnighters" stay?

Jim Holden 07-13-2005 10:18 AM

Folks:

Nothing in this life is a sure thing, but we plan to be there for the weekend.

There are a number of inns/motels in the Lakeville area; Interlaken, Iron Masters, White Hart Inn and Wake Robin to name a few.

I have made my reservations at the Wake Robin Inn in Lakeville, CT. (They do not have any orom for trailers.)

The basic plan is to go to the track each day. Have a barbeque Sunday afternoon after the Shelby Show and leave on Monday afternoon, when I'm fried.

More as it evolves...

Jim

ack fia 07-13-2005 01:49 PM

Labor Day at Lime Rock

I was not able to get a room there (they are booked) but I ordered a pair of weekend tickets for the Lime Rock event(s). We will be there!!!
Pat Slosek

Jim Holden 07-18-2005 07:22 AM

Folks:

As of this morning (7/18) there are still four rooms availabale at the Sharon Motor Inn; 860-364-0036. They do have a web site.

We have secured an RV space at the track #42 on the turn before the bridge. Look for ERA motormaniacs there.

We will have a barbecue Sunday evening at F1 Joe's house in Sharon hosted by ERA. Joe has even arranged for a jazz band.

With half decent weather it should be a great weekend.

Jim

Jim Holden 07-19-2005 11:23 AM

Folks:

I stand corrected: "The band is quite excellent, but is not a jazz band.....more Van Morrison, Jimmy Buffett type music." Whateva...

J

PS: we've ordered up a shipment of ERA Motorsport hats and polo type shirts. You'll have to be there to buy one.

ack fia 07-19-2005 05:09 PM

Lime Rock accomodations

I was able to get a room at one of the local B&B's so we will be there all weekend.
Is anyone else going from eastern MA?, on Friday?

Joe Viola 07-19-2005 06:15 PM

I'm in #692. We are aprox 1 hour from L.R. great ride up route 7. Please keep me posted with any other plans or cruises durring Labor Day weekend.

REDSC400 07-30-2005 06:38 AM

I'll be there, weather permitting, as in the last few years. Luckily for me, it is a one hour drive up from the CT Shore. Great event, bring you camera. The classics that show up are picture worthy.

ERA649 08-11-2005 06:16 PM

Is anyone from NJ taking the ride to Lime Rock for the car show on sunday of Labor Day Weekend