Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-speak-bob-putnam/)
-   -   New Member (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-speak-bob-putnam/66842-new-member.html)

mtr 08-03-2005 09:03 PM

I have finally joined your ranks by placing my order w/ ERA. I began planning and wishing for this in late 2000. By early 2002 I had compteted the engine & transmission and since then have been rounding up small parts here and there. The projected date for the arrival of my car is June 06, per my wishes. I think its going to be a very long year. I kind of feel like I know some of you as I have been following this forum for a long time. Many of you have described the agony of waiting and boy, do I know what thats like!

FUNFER2 08-03-2005 09:25 PM

Welcome to the club ! You've picked a good company for a cobra. Very nice kit. Take your time, don't get in a hurry. The satisfaction of doing it right the first time will ease your mind & wallet. The great think about this club is, everyone is willing to help.
ENJOY !

Kevin

ERA 626 08-03-2005 10:09 PM

mtr
great choice and it will be well worth the wait!
People who know cobras know ERA !

Snakebit 08-04-2005 04:52 AM

Welcome to the club. You picked the best, going with ERA. I ordered mine 2 years ago in May and received the car just before Fathers Day in June of this year. Just taking my time getting the body work just right. It was worth the wait. The next year will go by fast and you will have fun collecting all the parts.

Ron61 08-04-2005 05:41 AM

MTR,

Welcome to the club and you have picked a great car as the others said. Just where is Palmer located? anywhere near Harrison, Hot springs, Ft.Smith, or Little Rock? I left out a couple of other places, but I can't remember all the places I lived in. You know, old and senile and all that garbage. :)

Ron :rolleyes:

mtr 08-04-2005 07:37 AM

Thanks everyone, Palmer is 40 miles north of Anchorage...Alaska. We love Cobras here too.:) There are quite a few running around up here although no ERAs that I know of. I spent a lot of time looking at the different kits and was planning to go w/ Unique but, then I found the ERA website and the search was over!

Fox 08-04-2005 07:38 AM

That's awesome...:MECOOL:

I am doing the same thing. Engine, trans, wheels, and do dads, before the actual frame/body purchase.

At times it feels a little backwards. I was never very good at delayed gratification. :(

I think it's cool to see someone follow through. I will keep a jealous eye on your progress. ;) Keep us informed.

-John

BLACKJACK 08-05-2005 10:13 AM

GOOD CHOICE, MTR.

YOU CERTAINLY CAN'T GO WRONG WITH AN ERA. THE ENGINEERING, FIT, FINISH AND OVERALL QUALITY ARE SECOND TO NONE.

BUT - - - AT LEAST AS IMPORTANT AS THE QUALITY OF THE CAR IS THE QUALITY OF THE PEOPLE. THE FOLKS AT ERA ARE ABSOLUTELY THE GREATEST. (ALBEIT, A LITTLE STRANGE).

ENJOY YOUR CAR.

Y'ALL HAVE A REALLY GREAT DAY.

BLACKJACK

Jim Holden 08-05-2005 12:56 PM

Blackjack:

"...a little strange."? That was the only adjective you could come up with? Come on, I know that you can come up with a few more...

Jim

PS: and MTR welcome. ...ya know a stretched 351 will really make that ol' dog run.

Dangerous Doug 08-05-2005 01:12 PM

mtr: ERA 289 or ERA 427?

I have a ERA 289 FIA on order. Building my engine now.

Dangerous Doug

Snakebit 08-05-2005 01:52 PM

A Cobra in Alaska ??? Peter must be scratching his head how to mount a wood stove where the heater is supposed to go and where to put the chimny! How many warm, sunny, top down driving days a year do you get in Alaska? 2? Just kidding. Best of luck with your build. Cobra snow tires???

mtr 08-05-2005 07:17 PM

Going w/ the 427, yes I know I'm installing the wrong motor but I really like the looks of the 427 and the car will do a LOT of Auto X with the local SCCA and some PCA (Porsche Club) events, so a small block may be a help. We actually have pretty decent summers with nearly 24hr daylight May thru July and good driving weather thru the end of September. My 302 will actually be pretty mild but I'll hope to upgrade later.:) PS; Peter did think mine, #719 was the first sold to Alaska. Anyone else on here from Alaska?

Jim Holden 08-08-2005 06:31 AM

mtr:

As I am sure Peter has told you the motor mounts for the FE are in the same location as for the Windsor. Thus, an up grade to the FE later on is a relatively minor matter.

Jim

larryar 08-08-2005 07:05 AM

Welcome aboard! Did you order the 4 wheel drive option?:D
Larry

BLACKJACK 08-08-2005 10:05 AM

HI JIM - - - -

I WAS TRYING TO "KEEP IT CLEAN".

Y'ALL HAVE A REALLY REAT DAY.

BLACKJACK