Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-speak-bob-putnam/)
-   -   I pulled the trigger.... (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-speak-bob-putnam/67072-i-pulled-trigger.html)

FrankJohnson69 08-10-2005 06:27 PM

I pulled the trigger....

Hi Bob and other fellow ERA owners...

I wish to publicly thank Peter P. and my good Friend Stephen M. for helping me get in line for an ERA 427 Street car.

Details will follow once Peter gets my check and I get the chassis number....

It's taken me 8 years to get to this point.... Thank you all!!!!

Frank Johnson

Oh, I'm a Marylander and work in NoVa if any others are around. Take care!:JEKYLHYDE

JWheaton 08-10-2005 07:29 PM

Best decision you made today!

tryce 08-10-2005 08:25 PM

One shot one kill!!! Congrats.
Now the clock slow's waaaay dowwwn! Hope you get delivery soon!

0311 forever, Tryce

Tongue Pirate 08-10-2005 08:31 PM

Great deal! Some day you'll be right where I am. I just got mine running, It's a great feeling :cool: Tell us about your car, the details! You getting a turnkey? A project? What color/s? motor? so on & so forth!

FrankJohnson69 08-11-2005 02:32 PM

Well... It's a street car and I just happen to have a 428 Police Interceptor date code 1966 with a NOS (new old stock not the other gas suff) Holman & Moody med riser 2x4 intake with all the proper hardware. Trans is a David Kee large spline close ratio top loader. And I built the rear and put it in the ERA cage. It's 3.54 limited slip. And the color... is the ever regal BRG.

Now, I can't yet say when I'll get the car but when I can say I'll be glad to pass it along.

Take care and thanks for the warm welcome!!!

Frank

The Dreamer 08-11-2005 09:26 PM

Congrats Frank. All the more reason to come out to the Vienna Inn

Tongue Pirate 08-12-2005 07:13 AM

Cool:cool: Can't wait to see it!

Dangerous Doug 08-12-2005 07:47 AM

Good things come to those that wait. Excellent choice.

Dangerous Doug

Snakebit 08-12-2005 12:54 PM

Welcom to the club! You could not ask for a nicer group of people to deal with and the happen to make the best replica on the planet! Best of luck with your car.

302cobra 08-12-2005 01:52 PM

Wicked you are buying a great product. I have never seen an ERA or had the chance to inspect one, but the consensus around here is that they are brilliant. Plus I can tell by their website that they are a superb manufacturer.

I wish I had bought one of their cars. I could have saved myself some serious $$$$$.

ERA289FIA 02-20-2006 09:22 PM

I have got a 289FIA that should be arriving in april/may. I have gone up to visit the shop and it looks absolutly great. Got to see an original that was there and take a look at all the cars in various steps of being made. Great guys, awsome cars.

FrankJohnson69 02-21-2006 03:52 AM

Local Folks...

Hope to see you at a grease up with it. I am trying to finish mine up ASAP. So far it's been a cake walk.

FJ

ERA289FIA 02-21-2006 08:19 AM

ha! i didn't look at the post dates, well, congrats, hope to see you out there

ERA 626 02-28-2006 08:44 PM

Excellent choice! Welcome to the ERA group, keep us updated on your progress...

decooney 02-28-2006 11:19 PM

Yeah, that's it, "Brilliant" is the descriptive word. :)

ERA289FIA 02-28-2006 11:22 PM

it's an old thread, he has since finished the car. :)

FrankJohnson69 03-01-2006 05:41 AM

No, no, no... I am still working on assembling this beast. I just picked up the car in late January. I have a few more weeks/months to go. I just wish I had more time.

Frank

ERA289FIA 03-01-2006 09:20 PM

ahh i see. i cheated(got a roller) good luck!