Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-speak-bob-putnam/)
-   -   My car's picture in the December Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-speak-bob-putnam/73917-my-cars-picture-december-muscle-mustangs-fast-fords.html)

chuckbrandt 10-24-2006 08:06 AM

My car's picture in the December Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords

I haven't seen it yet but I just heard that my car's picture is in the December issue of Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords. My friend Jeff Lacina submitted a picture of he and I in the car at the Mid-America Motorplex open track event and they used it in his column.

Let's see, that's 2 calendars, a newspaper article, a TV spot, and now a Magazine. Not bad for a crusty garage painted 20 footer huh? :)

Chuck

byron w 10-24-2006 09:56 AM

Hey Chuck,
Major congrats !!!!! well deserved !!!
Ask me if I am surprised.

Byron

Goober 10-24-2006 09:58 AM

Chuck, just spent 1 hour on you website. Really cool reading with excellent pics. Hats off to you

Mark

SSSammy 10-24-2006 10:28 AM

Congrats!!

Way to go, Chuck!!! Great to see a real do-it-yourselfer getting some ink!

Sam W
.. ERA kit wannabe ..

chuckbrandt 10-24-2006 12:02 PM

It was on the newstand already, page 62!

Thanks for the nice comments you guys.

I found a copy on the newstand at the grocery store. Page 62. It really is a nice picture taken by Jerry Doctor of Omaha. I hope I didn't blow it too out of proportion, it's just a small picture illustrating an article about shock absorbers. But still... it's in a magazine!

Chuck

sidewaysinthird 10-25-2006 05:30 PM

Congrats Chuck.....

As usual its the effort that someone puts into a car that makes all the difference. You did a great job with the body and paint work no matter what the garage looked like when you were through. You still have one of the best build sites and did some of the best work I've seen so far.

Mike

sp1410 10-25-2006 06:33 PM

Nice job Chuck!

Tom of VA 10-25-2006 07:02 PM

Chuck,
I really enjoyed reading your story.

RICK LAKE 11-01-2006 09:55 AM

Autographs Chuck

How much are the autographs going for Chuck??:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :MECOOL: Great to see your car in the mag. Rick L.

chuckbrandt 11-01-2006 10:05 AM

Please hold the applause :)

Yeah it is cool, and totally unexpected. I had just sent the picture to Jeff thanking him for riding with me at the open track. I had no idea he'd put it in a magazine. But he said it was good for the article because it had just enough body roll but not too much.

Chuck

blykins 11-01-2006 02:41 PM

Atta boy Chuck!

Jim Kellogg 11-01-2006 03:04 PM

Congratulations, Chuck!! That is a fine looking car.
Nice job on your build website, also. Good mix of text and photos.

Jim Kellogg
Breesport, NY