Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Everett-Morrison Motorcars -- Speak with Julie and Brett (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/everett-morrison-motorcars-speak-julie-brett/)
-   -   New at this and need info (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/everett-morrison-motorcars-speak-julie-brett/100300-new-need-info.html)

bobmeusel 10-15-2009 11:52 AM

New at this and need info

I have a EM that the title says is a 1994 year. Does this mean it was assembled in 1994? What gen EM is it? I also would like to get a copy of the assembly instructions. I need to raise the body front end about 1/2 inch to increase the fender clearance. Any suggestions other than tire size?

rustyBob 10-15-2009 02:22 PM

what size tires are you running? maybe you dont have to raise the body, just adjust the front suspension(coil overs).

Tommy 10-15-2009 02:27 PM

Bob,
EMs came with several suspension options. Do you know which one you have? Can you provide photos?

HYM810ANCE 10-15-2009 05:58 PM

My EM has the manufacture date code on the plate attached to the engine compartment and one on the frame also. Mine is a 1993. I will see if I can find my instructions for you, if I still have them I'll scan and send them to you. Bob is right, I think mine has Carrera Coil Overs and we adjusted them and I purchased different tires and wheels, rides great now.

I just looked through my files....no manual. But I did verify that the Carrera Coil Overs became stock in he early 90's, right about the time they offered the longer 93"-96" wheelbase cars.

bobmeusel 10-19-2009 12:09 AM

The suspension is out of an 88 corvette. The pictures will be taken Wednesday. Running 16" wheels. I'm more interested in the posibility of raisinf the body 1/2" if feasable. What do you think folks?

Hotfingrs 10-19-2009 01:50 AM

If you don't have coil overs, you'd be better off putting them on, then play with the suspension to get what you're looking for. You start tweaking the body in one place and you'll find trouble somewhere else. I dropped my floorpan 4" last winter and everything was fine for about a month. The all of a sudden the rear suspension was riding on the bump stops. I had to use the 4 link to adjust the ride height. Bring the trailing arms to a different angle.