Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Everett-Morrison Motorcars -- Speak with Julie and Brett (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/everett-morrison-motorcars-speak-julie-brett/)
-   -   E.M. sn location, help! (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/everett-morrison-motorcars-speak-julie-brett/107610-e-m-sn-location-help.html)

MOTORHEAD 11-10-2010 08:10 AM

E.M. sn location, help!

Fellow E.M. owners:
Is your vin # on a data plate only, or is it stamped on the chassis also? If so, where is it located?
TIA,
Ted

Hotfingrs 11-10-2010 08:34 AM

I've got 2 data plates on mine, one under the dash and one under the hood.

Z-linkCobra 11-10-2010 08:54 AM

I have none on mine. I have been all over the body and frame and found nothing of a data plate or serial number.

I was once told that EM had frames and bodys made by an outside manufacturer that did not number them. They were to be numbered by EM at the time of completion...or something to that effect.

Hotfingrs 11-10-2010 09:50 AM

Inside the body there is one on the left side, on the post under where the windshield mounts, and in the engine bay on the front cross brace.

Z-linkCobra 11-10-2010 11:37 AM

I know there is not one on the frame. I will check the body again tonight when I get home.

Thanks for the insight Jack

Gene

Hotfingrs 11-10-2010 11:46 AM

Should be right beside your left left leg when your in the drivers seat.

Z-linkCobra 11-10-2010 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotfingrs (Post 1088851)
Should be right beside your left left leg when your in the drivers seat.

Ill check it out.

Thanks again

Gene

Tommy 11-10-2010 02:56 PM

It may depend on who built it. The VIN plate on my car was riveted to the inner fender well, on the right I think.

MOTORHEAD 11-10-2010 05:12 PM

Thanks for the replies guys.
The problem is the dataplate vin, (stamped by ???) doesn't match the MSO vin, so I was hoping to find the vin stamped on the frame somewhere. It's fairly certain that the mso is correct (XX427SC) as opposed to the plate: (XX427SF) . We'll keep looking !

Hotfingrs 11-10-2010 05:44 PM

Could be the plate is a mistake. My plate starts off EM427SCxxxxxxxxxxx Also what is on your title?