Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Everett-Morrison Motorcars -- Speak with Julie and Brett

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2010, 07:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison, SBF
Not Ranked     
Default Wiring Harness

Does anyone know who EM sourced their wiring harness through?
It's looking more and more like they are going kaput and think it's time to start contacting suppliers or other sources for the wiring.
I can figure out the rest of parts paid for and never delivered but the wiring is a proverbial long pole in the tent.

Any ideas? I'd sure appreciate some help here.

Sign me a disappointed customer.....
Old 11-12-2010, 08:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 930, 427 Windsor T56
Not Ranked     

Have you thought about using a Painless universal wiring harness? Not much special about a Cobra that a Painless harness won't work. I used one when I built my FFR.

Have Fun!

BDR #930
08 Corvette Coupe
92 Sunburst Yellow Miata
#81 Saturn V Miata Crapcan racer
Panoz GTRA #42
Old 11-12-2010, 08:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have already gotten their catalog and one from Ron Francis Wiring. They both have a great products and are definitely capable. I'm still intersted in finding the OEM manufacturer. These guys are the fall back though.
Old 11-13-2010, 04:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold my EM.
Not Ranked     

If you're not comfortable with how wiring works, a pre-made harness is the way to go. But just to point out how simple these cars are, I built my own harness. After all, it's nothing more than a group of wires with the correct ends on them.
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor
Old 11-13-2010, 11:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Tommy.
I'll figure it out, one way or another.

Mark
Old 11-13-2010, 11:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 Cobra
Not Ranked     

Haywire is another option. Every wire is labeled every foot or so. Support was outstanding. I think Hurricane is now using Haywire.

Wayne
Old 11-13-2010, 05:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M 427 Top Oiler stroked to 482 by KC, Stage 2 heads, a Quikfuel and Voila, 640 hp
Not Ranked     

Forget the E-M harness. Their diagrams are junk and virtually untraceable. I've crawled all over mine to fix a number of problems. I love the car but this is one area they really missed the train on. Next issue and I yank it all out and go with one of the above after market guys. I'm sure some of the issues go back to the early 90's when this one was first assembled but the whole wiring debacle starts with their idea of a wiring diagram.

Hate to see them die though. Probably the most underrated replica out there.

Tim

Douglas Adams - Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy
Old 11-15-2010, 10:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrison, All aluminum small block ford.
Not Ranked     

I know they bought a tremendous amount of stuff from International Wholesale (Shellvalley). Windsheilds, lights, mirrors etc. They may have got the wiring harness from them.

Worth a try. Call out there and ask for Bill

800-548-9216

Gene

Or fly me out there and Ill wire the car for you....lol.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Holliday Motorsport/396 GM / 4 speed / Jag rearend
Not Ranked     

I'll 2nd Haywire. Great service and will custom make it anyway you want it. Mine was custom with adjustable delay off timers for the electric fan and water pump. Told him what steering column i was going to buy and he put the correct plug on too. If you can't find the EM harness Haywire will fill the bill.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

All wire harnesses for E-M cars built pre-Gen IV were made in house. I have no idea where you would get acurate diagrams. Do yourself a favor and use the venders listed here on these posts. I really wish I could do more to help. Good luck.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrison, 428
Not Ranked     

I am ready to order a harness for my EM also but am having difficulties making a selection. I sent many emails to Ron Francis and all they do is ***** about my Lucas switches and Ford regulator. I have now turned to EZ wire for a quote. Sounds like I will contact Haywire also. I am all about originality, which appears to be an issue for some of these guys. I have already given up my amp gauge,and I am not going to change anything else.
Old 12-19-2010, 06:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ended up going with Haywire. Harness should be here in a couple of days. Ken spent hours on the phone with me getting all the info about my car. Defenately one to consider.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The harness I received for the Gen IV, is made by Schoefield Industries. I went to their webpage, they appear to do custom harness work for buses, motorhomes, fire trucks etc.
What I've received looks good, the diagram is ok. Will let you know how it all works, as I'll be making some changes to accomodate Dynatek fuel injection and the in tank fuel pump. I'm sure it will all work.

Thanks to all of you for your advice and comments.

-Mark
Old 02-04-2011, 12:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I spoke with Tom at EM yesterday and he said they are still working hard at their business. He said a lot of their business these days is parts, due to the economy, buts has hopes of things turning around soon. They are just about to release a new pair of seats for their cars that really sound comfortable. Time will tell, but I hope they hang around. I am happy with my kit and hope to have it going down the street sometime this year.
The Haywire harness has been pretty easy to install. Its the routing and concealing of the wires that takes the time. Ken at Haywire has been a big help, even though they are currently frozen in their shop in Missouri.

I use the original EM wiring diagrams for reference every one in a while, they are not as bad as most say.

Good luck with your harness.