Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Everett-Morrison Motorcars -- Speak with Julie and Brett (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/everett-morrison-motorcars-speak-julie-brett/)
-   -   Everett Morrison ball joints (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/everett-morrison-motorcars-speak-julie-brett/133821-everett-morrison-ball-joints.html)

Chainey 06-24-2015 04:28 PM

Everett Morrison ball joints

Does anyone know of the of the replacement part for a 93 EM front upper balljoint. It is the thread in type for the tubular A arm.

55312 06-25-2015 06:01 AM

The first thing you need to determine is what type of front end it is. My 92 EM uses a typical Mustang II set up. E-M use to offer Corvette suspensions as an option. Before you can figure out the ball joint you need to know Ford or Chevy. My manual is no help for part numbers. What I've done for almost every part I've needed is to take it to a good parts store and throw it on the counter. I've got a couple of Wizards here in VT that I haven't been able to stump yet. If you know the ball joint is bad, take some pictures of the control arm set up , Remove the ball joint and head to your local NAPA or PEP Boy's or whoever you use for parts. Good luck.

Tim

cobra_maker 09-11-2015 08:10 AM

Moog ES2128RL
In stock - $38.65 + priority shipping $12.65
Everett Morrison

BADSN8K 09-11-2015 08:36 AM

EM didn't make suspensions! Mine was a C5 Corvette. Look at it more closely or take to a Garage and have them identify if you cannot. Good Luck!!!

427sharpe 09-11-2015 11:23 AM

Screw in ball joints were originally Chrysler products; Moog #719 or 772 (usually upper) and 727 (usually lower). For Cobras I would avoid the replacement market (except for MOOG or TRW) and go with Coleman Racing. Much higher quality, and a lot more travel before binding. Also helps with alignments. Check the sizes with a micrometer first--I have seen 719/772's used on both upper and lower. If you use a Mustang II spindle, it would have the K772 to use the correct taper. Readily available at any good parts house or Coleman Racing.

Ball Joint, Mono-Ball, Upper, Chrysler, K-719

Good luck!

Robert

Tom Wells 09-11-2015 02:04 PM

Chainey,

X^2 on the MOOG K772, It's the front upper (and probably the lower too) for my 1999 E-M with the tubular upper and lower A-arms.

I could even let you borrow the special socket for those if you were nearby :3DSMILE:

Tom

427sharpe 09-11-2015 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobra_maker (Post 1362474)
Moog ES2128RL
In stock - $38.65 + priority shipping $12.65
Everett Morrison

This is a tie rod end, not a ball joint. Moog ball joints start with 'K', and in Moog nomenclature 'ES' are tie rod ends, 'RL' means right & left are the same by application.

cobra_maker 09-14-2015 11:39 AM

You are correct- our mistake! The real number for the upper ball joint is AFCO 20034. In some cases the screw joint in the upper arm can get wallowed out. We have seen an insert to fix that and there are some places that sell the upper tubular arm with the new ball joint. The fitting is an Acme thread which is a flat edge so don't make the mistake of thinking the threads have been stripped. Only in a few cases is that true. Ours are $29.50 ea plus shipping.