Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Everett-Morrison Motorcars -- Speak with Julie and Brett (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/everett-morrison-motorcars-speak-julie-brett/)
-   -   Original ford bumperettes (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/everett-morrison-motorcars-speak-julie-brett/144377-original-ford-bumperettes.html)

LMH 01-24-2021 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 1488071)
My mistake about the casting vs die-forming. I went back and checked the info that was posted and it was that they were plated as opposed to polished stainless. Everything else I posted stands as stated. Its entirely possible that Panoz sourced Cobra style bumperettes from any of the multiple suppliers to the Cobra industry at the time. Even if these pieces were made by Ford for Panoz (which I doubt) the OP here continuing to represent his parts as stamped from 1963 Ford Dies is still a scam.

EDIT - the raised rib in the bottom of the original front overrider pic you posted also made it look like a cast piece, but the edges do appear to show that they are stamped and cut.

In my opinion, the stamps on the pictured press die don't look professional to me and as been pointed out, the D series numbers would be from the 70's and after Cobra production.

Larry

twobjshelbys 01-24-2021 11:21 AM

Here's what I think EM is delivering:

Newly stamped parts from molds of dubious origin.

The new ones are NOT made by Ford.

The molds are inconsistent in the aging of markings

patrickt 01-24-2021 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 1488065)
This sort of scamming is a blight and an insult to the whole community. And it should pi$$ all of us off! :mad:

Well, speaking as a dumb, starry-eyed devotee who is always eager to part with his money to buy any grubby piece of junk even remotely associated with the original cars or Ford or Shelby, I'm just glad that I own an original ERA car and not a fake copy of one.:LOL:

Buzz 01-24-2021 01:23 PM

Yes - but did ERA give you a certificate of authenticity? :LOL:

joyridin' 01-24-2021 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 1488064)
Hi Joyridin' - I assume you mean the "certified" ones offered by the OP on this thread? For him and once again for the record - as was established before and as can be seen in Larry's recent photos, THE ORIGINAL PIECES WERE CAST, NOT STAMPED AND THEY WERE NEVER EVER PRODUCED BY FORD.

I made allowances before for this being an honest mistake by an overly enthusiastic salesman, but upon seeing the tooling with the fake Ford numbers, it's clear to me that this is nothing more than an attempted SCAM. He has disappeared from here, but he is still attempting to peddle this sham on Facebook as authentic Ford parts as made for the original Cobras.

Typical BS from a novice who assumes the Cobra replica community is populated by a bunch of dumb, starry-eyed devotees who are eager to part with our money to buy any grubby piece of junk even remotely associated with the original cars or Ford or Shelby.

I wonder if the owners of Everett-Morrison are aware of and comfortable with the formerly respectable brand becoming just another rip-off, scamming outfit like CMC and the other greedy, dishonest crooks that have polluted our hobby over the years. :mad::mad::mad:

To those EM owners who have signed up as Facebook members, someone needs to demand some answers, or at the very least, be extra careful with this new incarnation of Everett-Morrison. Certified my a$$ :mad::mad:

Yes, those were the ones. He wants $795 for a set with all hardware.

Grubby 01-24-2021 03:19 PM

The sad part is someone will buy his BS and buy a set.

John

Buzz 01-24-2021 03:42 PM

Yep. Also, I suppose for the integrity of the record, I should update my earlier statement with the corrected version:
THE ORIGINAL OVERRIDERS OR BUMPERETTES WERE INDEED STAMPED BUT THEY WERE NEVER EVER PRODUCED BY FORD! :)

twobjshelbys 01-24-2021 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 1488086)
Yep. Also, I suppose for the integrity of the record, I should update my earlier statement with the corrected version:
THE ORIGINAL OVERRIDERS OR BUMPERETTES WERE INDEED STAMPED BUT THEY WERE NEVER EVER PRODUCED BY FORD! :)

Agreed. Which calls into question even more the origin of the molds.

joyridin' 01-25-2021 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grubby (Post 1488085)
The sad part is someone will buy his BS and buy a set.

John

The price he is asking isn't ridiculous, so if you are buying a set to use on your non-original Cobra, it isn't any big deal. Beyond that, I am not sure what you would be buying them for. Either they are original or not. Who cares how they were made.

Mark IV 01-25-2021 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twobjshelbys (Post 1488087)
Agreed. Which calls into question even more the origin of the molds.

Pedantic: They are "dies", molds are for casting, dies are for stamping.

Alfa02 01-25-2021 05:38 AM

@ joyridin' make sure these (Or whatever) Bumperette's you buy, are the right size, bolt hole to bolt hole. I know when looking for overrides there wasn't enough (Meat) on the back brackets to modify to the 3 1/2" I needed to fit the Classic Roadster. When we tried to make brackets to fit over the tubes for our Club Badges there are 3-different sizes (Bolt hole space) from one Cobra to another. Most are 2.25"

joyridin' 01-25-2021 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfa02 (Post 1488112)
@ joyridin' make sure these (Or whatever) Bumperette's you buy, are the right size, bolt hole to bolt hole. I know when looking for overrides there wasn't enough (Meat) on the back brackets to modify to the 3 1/2" I needed to fit the Classic Roadster. When we tried to make brackets to fit over the tubes for our Club Badges there are 3-different sizes (Bolt hole space) from one Cobra to another. Most are 2.25"

Mine are small. I do not remember the exact size, but the ones I have on there now has 1 of the holes drilled in a different place. The ones you have would be way too big. I would have to put a plate on the back and drill the place to fit my pattern. Thanks for the info!

1985 CCX 01-27-2021 01:56 PM

Ok, one question :confused:
Did Ford really provide these to AC in these small prodution #'s?
Would think AC would have made these in UK as part of the rolling package to SAI as Ford was a motor/trans supplier, no?