Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Everett-Morrison Motorcars -- Speak with Julie and Brett

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2021, 09:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiernanEM View Post
Brian, I have posted pictures of the stamped FOMOCO forming dies that we bought directly from FORD
Here:

Old 01-20-2021, 10:18 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleguy55 View Post
Here:

The Ford engineering number (note: not a "part number" but the engineering number assigned to a part) decodes as a "1974 Lincoln" engineering number. If these were from the 60"s they would carry a Cxxx number. The basic number 17984 is a "bumperette/bumper guard base number but the prefix is for a Lincoln.
Buzz, Blue66 and LMH like this.

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 01-20-2021, 10:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Any speculation as to why on earth a 1960's style bumper guard die would be paired with a 1974 Lincoln tooling base? This is what 1974 Lincoln bumper guards look like:

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...
Old 01-21-2021, 10:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

This is the description still up on the Facebook page accompanying these same pictures of the dies. They are still being touted as 1963 Ford parts.

Quote:
These are the dies from Ford for our bumperettes. They do exist folks! Dated 1963 and stamped very clearly Ford Motor Company! When we purchased them from Ford they stamped Everett-Morrison into them! We have over 900 of these bumperettes ready to go! We offer a stainless beauty cover aswell as one without!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

Old 01-21-2021, 11:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark IV View Post
The Ford engineering number (note: not a "part number" but the engineering number assigned to a part) decodes as a "1974 Lincoln" engineering number. If these were from the 60"s they would carry a Cxxx number. The basic number 17984 is a "bumperette/bumper guard base number but the prefix is for a Lincoln.
And all the stamping looks from the same time period.

Buyer beware.
Old 01-21-2021, 02:13 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Glad I run quick jacks. Otherwise I wouldn't know what to do.
Old 01-21-2021, 03:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I think those '74 Lincoln bumperettes with that rubber trim might make a fetching match with your black roll bar padding. They'd probably slip right on over the quick jacks. As a bonus, the certificate of authenticity would have legit, matching numbers...

Last edited by Buzz; 01-21-2021 at 03:15 PM..
Old 01-21-2021, 04:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I'd like to see some measurements from a finished bumper. Any chance on posting that?
Larry
Old 01-23-2021, 05:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Looks like the Facebook page has been taken down. Either that or my individual access has been blocked.

Edit - Nope - it's still up. I'm just unable to access it from the original link posted here on CC

Last edited by Buzz; 01-23-2021 at 05:24 AM..
Old 01-23-2021, 08:39 AM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison 514, Toploader 4 sp, Jag IRS
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa02 View Post
Question: Are we talking "Quick Jacks" or the SS, Chrome, street Bumperettes? The ones I have on my Classic Roadster are cast formed which look to be SS, theses are works of art. They weigh I would say 5-6 lbs. a piece, never seen another set like these, If I can download a picture I will. TommyRot.
Tom (Alfa02) asked me to post his photos, see below. I assume he’ll provide some comments to follow. Brent

Alfa02 likes this.
Old 01-23-2021, 08:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #2119 289FIA
Not Ranked     

Here's a secret.....TommyRot probably got them from China.......

They actually do look like superb quality.
Alfa02 likes this.
Old 01-23-2021, 08:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by EM-0785 View Post
Tom (Alfa02) asked me to post his photos, see below. I assume he’ll provide some comments to follow. Brent

I would like to find a set of those!
Alfa02 likes this.
Old 01-23-2021, 09:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Tom had asked me to post the photos as well, but I don't have a photo-hosting account. I did however remember coming across these overriders on eBay with the same distinctive bolt hole castings when I was searching for pics of OEM Cobra pieces for the purposes of this thread.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cobra-Rear-...-/162992685338
Alfa02 likes this.

Old 01-23-2021, 10:32 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

Thanks Brent & Buzz. I found these on CL a couple years ago, the gentleman had them for (he said) 20+years, never had a Cobra just picked them up because they were neat looking, and thought he could use them on his Hot-Rod. He had posted them off & on for years, but all the Cobra guys that called said not the right hole spacing 3.5" not the 2.25" most Cobra have, so there they sat. I saw them on Thankgiving day 2018, and called. Yep just the one's I needed. I drove out to Olympia (60miles) and picked them up. He wanted a $100 for all 4 (Still in their plastic wrap) I gave him $200, and told him I would have paid $200 a piece for them (1-a billion chance) to find the exact Bumperette for a Classic Roadster only 60 miles away and Brand new!!! Buzz those are a used (pair) for a Classic Roadster. These are very high quality cast piece's. Anyone else every seen these Bumperette's?? Cheers TommyRot.
Old 01-23-2021, 06:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

So thought I'd post these for some clarity on original Cobra over riders, These were removed form an original Cobra and I believe them to be original. The fronts are kind of rough, the rears much better but they're over 50 years old.
Front AMCO grill guard is also original but the fasteners are not.

Rear over riders:

For the record, there's no such thing as a "Gen 3" Cobra. Originally, there were Cobras and then Cobra 427's. Both were produced in England by AC Cars. Ford did the design work on the coil spring suspension but did not supply parts for the Cobra 427 except the engine /transmission/ancillary parts for the drivetrain.

Larry
Buzz and Alfa02 like this.
Old 01-24-2021, 06:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Just a FYI...he wants $795 for a set of 4 and that includes all the hardware associated with them including the tubes, bolts, brackets, and grommets.
Old 01-24-2021, 09:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Joyridin' - I assume you mean the "certified" ones offered by the OP on this thread? For him and once again for the record - as was established before and as can be seen in Larry's recent photos, THE ORIGINAL PIECES WERE CAST, NOT STAMPED AND THEY WERE NEVER EVER PRODUCED BY FORD.

I made allowances before for this being an honest mistake by an overly enthusiastic salesman, but upon seeing the tooling with the fake Ford numbers, it's clear to me that this is nothing more than an attempted SCAM. He has disappeared from here, but he is still attempting to peddle this sham on Facebook as authentic Ford parts as made for the original Cobras.

Typical BS from a novice who assumes the Cobra replica community is populated by a bunch of dumb, starry-eyed devotees who are eager to part with our money to buy any grubby piece of junk even remotely associated with the original cars or Ford or Shelby.

I wonder if the owners of Everett-Morrison are aware of and comfortable with the formerly respectable brand becoming just another rip-off, scamming outfit like CMC and the other greedy, dishonest crooks that have polluted our hobby over the years.

To those EM owners who have signed up as Facebook members, someone needs to demand some answers, or at the very least, be extra careful with this new incarnation of Everett-Morrison. Certified my a$$
twobjshelbys likes this.

Old 01-24-2021, 09:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I believe EM as company should be given the benefit of the doubt, in that this may be the actions of one individual not necessarily sanctioned by the owners. If however, the sham continues on Facebook, eBay, BAT or elsewhere; a Consumer Watch bulletin should be posted with keywords and a link to this thread in order to warn and protect Cobra and replica owners who wisely tend to do some internet and community research before buying stuff from snake oil peddlers who brag about their stuff having provenance and a connection to the original Cobras. And yes, I am taking this way too seriously. This sort of scamming is a blight and an insult to the whole community. And it should pi$$ all of us off!

Old 01-24-2021, 10:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
THE ORIGINAL PIECES WERE CAST, NOT STAMPED AND THEY WERE NEVER EVER PRODUCED BY FORD.
Certified my a$$
Buzz, the original over riders are die formed and cut to shape, not cast. What I was trying to show in my previous post was what original over riders look like.
I should point out that BSF caged nuts and hole plug would also be used but aren't pictured.
If Everette Morrison wants to make and sell over riders, more power to them but they shouldn't be represented as original nor produced on original press dies nor should EM push a false idea that Cobra 427's were built by Ford. They weren't. That's really all I'm saying.

I'm going to throw this in the mix for discussion. I have no idea where these came from or who produced them. I only know Ford supplied many parts and assistance to Panoz for production of their roadster. Look at the over riders. What do you think?

Larry
Old 01-24-2021, 10:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

My mistake about the casting vs die-forming. I went back and checked the info that was posted and it was that they were plated as opposed to polished stainless. Everything else I posted stands as stated. Its entirely possible that Panoz sourced Cobra style bumperettes from any of the multiple suppliers to the Cobra industry at the time. Even if these pieces were made by Ford for Panoz (which I doubt) the OP here continuing to represent his parts as stamped from 1963 Ford Dies is still a scam.

EDIT - the raised rib in the bottom of the original front overrider pic you posted also made it look like a cast piece, but the edges do appear to show that they are stamped and cut.
LMH likes this.

Last edited by Buzz; 01-24-2021 at 10:44 AM..

Tags
bumper, bumperette, everett morrison, original