Club Cobra

Club Cobra (
-   Everett-Morrison Motorcars -- Speak with Julie and Brett (
-   -   hood and trunk prop (

priobe 12-22-2008 08:28 PM

hood and trunk prop
Hello all,

I am looking for the trunk shocks and hood for my E-M.

Please if you can help me with the part number I will greatly appriciate it.


Rick Parker 12-22-2008 10:05 PM

Couldn't you take desired length dimensions (open & closed) and purchase some at an auto parts store, they have MANY different sizes and lengths available.

55312 12-23-2008 06:31 AM

I got mine from here-A Great Outfit!

Do a search under gas shocks.

Make sure you get the lowest pressure that will still hold things up. Too much pressure and you will deflect the fiberglass and it will be difficult to operate.


priobe 12-23-2008 11:34 AM


Do you remeber the part numbers.


I figured it would be easier to ask.

Call me lazy!!!!

Dwight 12-23-2008 03:15 PM

prop rod
Most of the time I use 1/4" slick rod and make my prop rods but I do like the one that Finishlines sell for $35. My E-M had one and I liked the way it worked. Raise the trunk, it would catch and hold the trunk open. One hand. Nice. Raise it just a little, it would release and you can close the trunk with one hand. I always had something in the other hand. My slick rod/prop rod is a two hand operation.


Their picture is not very good. I'll try to find one in my files.

Dwight 12-23-2008 03:23 PM

prop rod
I did not find a picture of one in my old E-M, but I did find one of Coach Mike's Hurricane.


55312 12-23-2008 05:36 PM


I can't remember what I had for breakfast! I do know 20 lb lift was all I needed.
They are one handed too. Figure out the mounting points and measure. Pretty simple. They also sell different mounting hardware. I got mine off a wrecked pinto "pony" and modified the mounts to fit the hood and trunk.

Good luck.


priobe 12-24-2008 07:10 AM

Thanks for the reply,

I ended up taking Rick's advice and going to my local Pepboys to get the gas shocks. In my case the measurement was 12 inch.

I was able to get the mounting hardware from another gas shock and modified the ball.

By the way, does anyone know the name of the ball with the thread end?



tcrist 12-24-2008 09:10 AM

You can buy the ball studs and brackets seperate from McMaster-Carr. type in "ball studs", See link above.


ratsnst1 12-24-2008 05:19 PM

Shell Valley has all the brackets, and shocks you need.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
The representations expressed are the representations and opinions of the forum members and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and viewpoints of the site owners, moderators, Shelby American, any other replica manufacturer, Ford Motor Company. This website has been planned and developed by and its forum members and should not be construed as being endorsed by Ford Motor Company, or Shelby American or any other manufacturer unless expressly noted by that entity. "Cobra" and the Cobra logo are registered trademarks for Ford Motor Co., Inc. forum members agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyrighted material is owned by you. Although we do not and cannot review the messages posted and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). Thank you for visiting For full policy documentation refer to the following link: