Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Factory Five Racing (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/factory-five-racing/)
-   -   Mr. Mustang's (Bill's) Factory Five for Sale (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/factory-five-racing/102116-mr-mustangs-bills-factory-five-sale.html)

Got the Bug 01-16-2010 11:10 AM

Mr. Mustang's (Bill's) Factory Five for Sale

I can't believe that Bill's Factory Five hasn't sold!

I see posts from people everyday dreaming of someday owning a Cobra, but the price of most cars puts ownership out of reach. Man, what a great way to get started.

I'm not associated with the car in any way and only know Bill through his posts here on CC. Just thought it might be nice to provide someone who always seems to be a straight shooter on CC with some unsolicited promotion.

http://www.clubcobra.com/classifieds...p?product=2692

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Shelb...item414c2a4a7f

End of commercial....go buy the car. :D

mr bruce 01-16-2010 11:59 AM

X2, unreal, running, titled ,finished Cobra for $18.5. no biters. maybe when the weather brakes it'll go.

Ron61 01-16-2010 12:04 PM

I have e-mailed some people that I know about it as that is the best buy they are going to find. If I didn't live in this non car state and could get one of the SB-100 numbers I would have bought it.

Ron :)

James Stern 01-16-2010 12:33 PM

I know Bill a little and he is a stand up guy. If I hadn't already bought my Cobra I would be talking to him right now.

jwd 01-16-2010 01:11 PM

I'm sure it's a nice car but I think what's holding it back is the 5.0 with an automatic. Not a very desirable combination in these cars.

Jim

Got the Bug 01-16-2010 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1019071)
I'm sure it's a nice car but I think what's holding it back is the 5.0 with an automatic. Not a very desirable combination in these cars.

Jim

That's true Jim, but at that price point, you go with the automatic or no Cobra at all. :) I think a lot of owners end up doing a good chunk of freeway driving anyway, so you just put it in D and go. :D

patrickt 01-16-2010 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1019071)

Yep, but his ERA is a super-dee-duper deal.;)

tkb289 01-16-2010 01:23 PM

I'll add in, I hope he can sell one, the other or both !:D

rustyBob 01-16-2010 01:33 PM

If someone was looking to get into the hobby that car is a very good starter car that can be enjoyed on a daily basis with minimal service......a true joy ride......

mrmustang 01-16-2010 03:10 PM

Keep in mind that for under 20K you can still swap in a 5spd and not be on the wrong side of the investment equation.

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Sincerely,

Bill S.

Excaliber 01-16-2010 03:58 PM

I wouldn't think the auto is the problem at this price, it's a head scratcher what's going on. Must be the economy I guess, or maybe the perky butt (the car's, not Bill). OUCH!! :)

Rwillia4 01-16-2010 04:26 PM

Maybe someone already asked the question, Bill why are you selling both? Hopefully for an upgrade, maybe a Kirkham? GT?? ...?

and while I'm asking questions what is a "Mini-Cooper reverse light"?

Excaliber 01-16-2010 04:49 PM

Rwillia4, I take it you have not seen this U-Tube clip of a recent Club Cobra board meeting? It touches on Bill's service to our fine community and may shed some light on your question. Highly recommended viewing.

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/lounge/98181-brents-not-too-happy.html

MadDog 01-16-2010 04:54 PM

It looks to me like its priced to sell. It is really hard to build one of these cars for that kind of money and thats no labor time.I would buy it if I did not already have two other project cars going right now. MadDog

mrmustang 01-16-2010 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rwillia4 (Post 1019135)
Maybe someone already asked the question, Bill why are you selling both? Hopefully for an upgrade, maybe a Kirkham? GT?? ...?

and while I'm asking questions what is a "Mini-Cooper reverse light"?

Look at the picture of the back end of the car, the reverse light was something the original builder added. As for selling, it's time to pay for my sons continuing education. The cars were fun, but now it's time to put the funds to better use. I still have a few project cars sitting in storage, so it's not like I'll have nothing to tinker with.

Bill S.

rustyBob 01-16-2010 07:18 PM

Get those kids a good education so they can support you in the manner you are accuston to.......

mrmustang 01-16-2010 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustyBob (Post 1019185)
Get those kids a good education so they can support you in the manner you are accuston to.......

Just one and let's hope he never has to support me. Of course I will make sure he picks the nicest of nursing homes for me should I ever need one :LOL:

Bill S.