Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Factory Five Racing (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/factory-five-racing/)
-   -   Contemporary Cobra Body Needed (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/factory-five-racing/49227-contemporary-cobra-body-needed.html)

MIKE SCHULZ 01-14-2004 12:20 PM

Contemporary Cobra Body Needed

Gentlemen: I realize that Factory Five Racing is in possession of the molds to produce the Contemporary Cobra Body.I Am Seeking a Contemp Body, for the chassis I have sitting alone in my garage.Any leads as to where I may locate this Body would be greatly appreciated. And if The Folks at Factory Five decide to produce a few - I would like one for sure!.Thanks and my E-mail address is: ( SCHULZ.MR@FORCES.GC.CA )

48 IDA 01-14-2004 03:15 PM

Contemporary Body

Mike,
Why don't you check with www.imageautoworks.com I hear they are able to provide a body that will fit a Contemporary frame.
Please let me know if this is true.

Thanks

Don

Tom T. 01-14-2004 04:36 PM

Mike,

Factory Five was supposedly, at one time, just producing the replacement shell without the inner tub, etc. I believe Image can supply the body complete.

TT

RACER X #99 01-14-2004 04:57 PM

If you check the temperature in Hell, Michigan It might be frozen over. This could be a good time to give FFR a call.:p

Cranky:3DSMILE:

xlr8or 01-14-2004 05:21 PM

The imageautoworks site no longer mentions the Boyd Coddington tie in. I believe that is who they were building the contemporary copies for. I could be wrong but I think they are just an SPF and SAI reseller now and it is Boyds that owns the molds they were using.

mikiec 01-14-2004 05:57 PM

Info page for the FFR Contemporary body.

http://parts.factoryfive.com/roadste...compparts.html

Mike

MIKE SCHULZ 01-15-2004 08:42 AM

The Hunt for a Contemporary Body.

Gentlemen; I appreciate all the replys with good advice as to where I may find a Contemporary Body.If I did purchase the Body "Skin" from Factory Five, Anyone know who else may be able to produce the inner Tub,Doors, Hood+Trunk pieces??...Mike

Tom T. 01-15-2004 09:01 AM

Mike,

If Image can't do it (or Coddington??), you'd probably have to do it on your own.

TT

bmalone 01-15-2004 09:09 AM

Image should definitely be able to provide the body. I was there two weeks ago.

SCOBRAC 01-24-2004 09:39 PM

You'd be better off going to kirkham and getting an alloy body. I bet they would sell you an ally skin for under $7500.

MIKE SCHULZ 01-25-2004 09:30 AM

Contemporary Body Found!

Gentlemen; A while back I put out "Wanted" ads - looking for a Contemporary Body for my chassis,Well I followed the advice of a reply I recieved to contact "Image Auto" in Palm Springs CA and talked with the good folks there. They have been reproducing exact copies of the Contemporary Cobra Body for the last 24 Years.A little over $6K and you get a Body ready to bolt on your existing Contemp frame with doors + Trunk + Hood already hinged.They said that they require 5 weeks advance notice to get your Body ready. They extensively restore Contemporary Cobra`s and are capable of finishing your project in any stage of completion.Definately contact these folks if you are in the same predicament as I. Take Care All!!

48 IDA 01-25-2004 04:30 PM

Contemporary Body

Mike,
Thank you for the follow up.

Don

herc 12-04-2007 11:10 PM

Does anyone have the internet site or a phone number to get a hold of image auto thanks iam interested in buying a contemporary cobra. iam not sure if i should build a whole new car or by a used car. thank u

48 IDA 12-05-2007 06:18 AM

The last address I have is from June of 2002.

Image Auto Works
77-585 Enfield Land Suite B
Palms Desert, Ca 92211

760-200-5882

I also did a reverse phone # look up. The phone # is still listed to that
address.

Hope this helps

Don

herc 12-05-2007 02:07 PM

I called phone number its not inservice any more any other ideas how i can contact them thanks

GVS 01-09-2015 02:42 PM

I am also looking for a body and driver's door to repair a side-swiped Contemporary Classic Motor Cars Cobra (CCX3-3760).

It appears that Image is no longer in business. I am told that FFR acquired the Contemporary molds when Burtis closed in 1999. I am told these molds were tired and due for a re-fresh. Who knows if they still exist.

Dana Dankert from Shell Valley told me his body is very close to the shape of the original Contemporary: the only area which will require re-work is the trunk floor. However, he is not sure if the original CCX hood, passenger door or decklid will fit, so he advised on buying a complete body with pre-hung doors/hood/decklid. I am considering this if I cannot find an exact duplicate.

Any leads on a company currently producing an exact CCX body to fit a CCX chassis is appreciated.

Thor maine 01-09-2015 04:08 PM

I have an original Contemporary body #102, it is unpainted and if someone knows what they are doing and wants to "splash a mold " from it maybe we could work something out.