Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Factory Five Racing (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/factory-five-racing/)
-   -   Throttle cable binding (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/factory-five-racing/8487-throttle-cable-binding.html)

KCCobra 05-29-2001 03:54 PM

Throttle cable binding

I am currently using the longer Ranger throttle cable on my FFR Roadster. I am still having binding prblems on initial push of the accelerator. Sticks until I push kinda quick and hard then is smooth until I release all the way. Thsi could be why KCCobra Jr accelerated too fast and could not stop until he went up over planter and hit tree with fnt end. Thank goodness he was not injured or Mama KCCobra would have been alittle upset. Fixed fnt fiberglass and good thing it was only in primer to test fit and drive to work the kinks out. Anyhwo, I contacted Lokar and sent them my current cable. They will cstom make a duplicate that is 12 inches longer so the routing will not be so tight and the binding should be gone. I will advise on how it feels when I get it and put KCCobra back on the road. Anyone else consider this??

DavidWard 05-29-2001 06:43 PM

I'm running a 36" Lokar on a carb set-up on my FFR. A big improvement over the Ford cable.

David

KCCobra 05-30-2001 07:13 AM

David,

I'm glad you are happy with the Lokar cable. Hopefully, the EFI cable they send me will be a big improvment over the stock cable. If it is, it will be worth every penny!!!

MRITTER 08-15-2001 09:19 AM

I purchased a Lokar 36" cable from a local speed shop for about $40.00. What an improvement!! I was getting really tired of pulling away from a stop looking like I couldn't drive. Cable would bind up - push, push, push - I would either stall the motor or take off a lot faster than anticipated.

The stock Mustang cable wasn't long enough to get around my intake as well.

Later,

Mike