Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   FE TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/fe-talk/)
-   -   Aluminum FE heads (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/fe-talk/12664-aluminum-fe-heads.html)

flipscobra 10-05-2010 07:27 PM

Heads

All I can tell you is watch out for the heli coils in the heads for the rocker shaft stands they will pull out when using studs if you run them in till they touch bottom. The stud will pull them out when you go to torque the nut, back stud off 2 or 3 turns after it touches bottom, then torque. Don't like the helicoils, inserts are better

601HP 10-06-2010 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keithc8 (Post 1082268)
I have built and sold more of these heads than anyone. I can tell you anything you need to know about them as well as the best intake to run for the application. When you have done these engines for 25 years you find out what works and what does not as well as what to use in any situation. You can ask 10 people and get 10 different answers because most do not know. Not rocket science on any of this just a lot of dyno time and track time. If I can help just let me know, I can sell you the parts to do ecactly what you want and make the power that you want.
I do engines so I will not tell you what to do about the foundation of your house or how to do brain surgery because I have not done that work yet.

Thanks, Keith Craft

What he said is probably your best technical and practical source. I have a set of the Edelbrock's that were prepared by Keith. I'd buy them again.

I've previously owned original iron heads, another competitor's aluminum heads, and these Edelbrocks.

David

undy 10-07-2010 07:49 AM

Nothing like a spammer opening a near 10 year old thread...:rolleyes::LOL:

RodKnock 10-07-2010 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by undy (Post 1082543)
Nothing like a spammer opening a near 10 year old thread...:rolleyes::LOL:

+1 Agreed. :mad:

Hardtj 02-25-2015 06:09 PM

KC FE CNC stage 2 heads intake + exhaust port volume

Hello Keith,
On your FE CNC stage 2 heads what are the intake + exhaust port volume as well as combustion chamber volume?
Thanks, josh

Dwight 02-25-2015 06:29 PM

It has been five years since the last post. I would call or email Keith

Dwight

carbide 02-28-2015 05:27 PM

I bought a set for my 428 CJ many years ago (about1995)when they first became available. I sent them to Engine Systems in Atlanta for a valve job and to make sure they were good before I installed them. Last year after 40k miles I had the engine rebuilt and I had the heads CNC ported, all new titanium locators and keepers along with larger valves and new springs. They have 3500 miles on them and so far working great. BTW the engine made 585HP and 564 Torque. I have the Dove tunnel wedge with 2 ea 600 Holleys.

carbide 02-28-2015 05:42 PM

I have a friend that put a set of the 6006 on his 352 right ou of the box and after much grief he found the new heads had a couple of the valves stuck. This was in the last 3 months. The remedy was valve job with new guides.

ERA 626 08-12-2019 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ERA 626 (Post 98179)
I anm to building a 428 FE for my ERA car and now all of you guys have me concerned!! I just bolted mine on but now you guys have me thinking twice! Should I take my motor apart and get them re-done and if so what shall I have done and why???
thanks,
Mike:confused: :confused:

wow I am on vacation bored while the wife gets ready doing her hair... I started looking through these old posts and stumbled across my old post here...

I was concerned about these heads as I was a ROOKIE, over the last 16 years on owning/building motors I have learned a great deal about clearances and spring pressure.
I ended up bolting those heads on my 428 right out of the box (advice from a friend)... BIG MISTAKE with in 10 min on the run stand my cam went flat! needless to say. I should have NEVER done that. lesson learned. I ended up sending the entire 428 to guessford machine and having him build me a CSX aluminum 427 (454) for me...

a year or so later that motor had problems related to the way the valve train was shimmed, valve spring pressure... again lesson learned. I fixed it my self and 13 years later zero issues.