Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   FE TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/fe-talk/)
-   -   New 496C.I. Cammer build (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/fe-talk/129236-new-496c-i-cammer-build.html)

Keithc8 06-08-2014 01:01 PM

New 496C.I. Cammer build

Finally got all the parts together to start a 496C.I. Cammer FE build. Pond 4.310 bore with a 4340 4.250 stroke steel crankshaft. Premium pump gas friendly but customer plans on switching over to natural gas later. Coon KC CNC ported heads with Ferrrea hallow stem valves coated with Titankote C14 coating for durability and to hold up to the heat of the natural gas with Pac Bee Hive valve springs. Dailey Engineering dry sump oil pump and oil pan. We will use a Hilborn electronic stack injection set up with the Fast ECU and wiring harness. We will fully port the intake as needed matching to the heads and stack units. Making the opening at the stack bigger than the stacks has shown to help reversion and idle quality plus help HP.
This will be a unique build to say the least and we will dyno on gas and the customer will have it chassi dynode and tuned when he goes to the natural gas. That will be interesting for sure. We will follow up with some pictures and more information as this comes together. This should come together in the next month or so.

Thanks, Keith Craft

750hp 06-08-2014 02:18 PM

Looking forward to seeing it come together Keith. For the overall cost of this motor, would you normally recommend that the pistons and camshaft be changed out from the pump gas specs to maximise the high compression combination that natural gas allows?

Keithc8 06-08-2014 05:37 PM

Here is what suggested to our customer on the compression. I have no ideal how this natural gas deal will work for him so we suggested staying in the 11 to 1 range so if he has to stay with premium pump gas or a little better he can. The pistons will be plenty strong to handle the job being Diamond custom for the application.

Thanks, Keith

Keithc8 07-17-2014 10:56 AM

http://s454.photobucket.com/user/Keithc8/library/496

legenmetals 07-17-2014 02:41 PM

Chrisman's Cammer Candy Store

The shiny cammer is going into my ccx. It has a modest build. Stock stroke with Crower billit crank,Robert Pond block,Bill Coon heads,9.5-1 compression. Modified Hilborn but we are using the Holley controls. We are using a crank trigger for the Holley set up and using a Hunt magneto style distributor but with our own internals.

Keithc8 08-08-2014 09:42 AM

Build Complete

The 496ci Cammer is complete and dyno tested. The engine made 774.8 hp @ 7000 rpm and 654.6 ft/lbs at 5100 rpm with a conservative street tune. Stay tuned for Dyno Video and Pics.

Keithc8 08-08-2014 12:24 PM

IMG_30251_zps50a66469.jpg Photo by Keithc8 | Photobucket