Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Fuel Injection & Tuning (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/fuel-injection-tuning/)
-   -   EFI- best quality, less problems ? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/fuel-injection-tuning/106395-efi-best-quality-less-problems.html)

FUNFER2 08-27-2010 06:07 AM

EFI- best quality, less problems ?

I doubt I can ever afford a stacked EFI system but, I'm curious as who's system has fewer problems. From my past research, it sounds like many people have a lot of issues with these systems not working properly, and I don't understand why ?

You would think as of 2010, all or most of the bugs should be worked out bu now. I do like the Dynakek system, as the rails are hidden, making them look closer to mechanical Webber's. Some have reported that their "self learn" system, well,.....sucks. I would prefer a stand alone computer.

Who's system supplies enough fuel for high HP, like 600 (+) ?

Anyway, lets talk quality, ranks, appearance, fewer problems and cost.

vector1 08-27-2010 06:39 AM

powerjection has a new setup just out with 1200cfm throttle body:eek:

look like a carb, smell like a carb, don't act like a carb.

emberglo66 08-27-2010 07:06 AM

Mass-Flo EFI http://www.mass-floefi.com/

mpanten 08-27-2010 07:30 AM

Mine worked quite well before the computer went haywire. Most of the problems are with the ECU not the mechanical part of the system. Mine was custom made individual 8 stack injection. (still have it if anyone wants to buy it cheap) The main problem is computer that controls it. Most people are not fluent enough on the computer to do it. Here is a great link to all the different controllers out there.

http://fordfuelinjection.com/?p=65

FUNFER2 08-27-2010 07:46 AM

"Mine was custom made individual 8 stack injection"

Is it just the stacks ?

I have two friends that have a chassis dyno and are very good at adjusting fuel systems.

wrogers55 08-27-2010 08:02 AM

I have a Mass-Flo on 418 that finally dynoed at 580hp with a very big cam.

It has been flawless, starts immediately even after sitting for weeks, never have to touch the throttle to start, self tuned when we changed the cam, and the thing gets 17+ mpg with mixed blast around and freeway driving. It looks like a jewelery like big carb under the hood.

Once it's in place, you just go. Any mod you do to the motor will either cause more or less air to go through the intake, and the system adjusts to the air flow. Very simple and effective. I went from 535hp to 580 with just a cam change and it adjusted to the change immediately, we didn't do anything but start it, warm it up, do the pull and read the numbers and a/f number, which was the exact same before and after the cam change.

One downside for some is the current system is 1000 cfm and it look a bit restrictive at first glace where the mass flow meter sits above the intake.....but it still lets my little 418 put out some big numbers and has street manors that are great.

The only other downside I have found is the issue of a big overlap cam and lots of idling, and a less then perfect pcv setup. If you suck an excessive amount of oil into the intake and the lumpy cam spits some of it back up the intake and it coats the sensor wires on the mass flow, the information the computer reads will slowly get bad. The solution is to use a mass flow spray cleaner and just squirt the wires clean.....and fix the pcv puke problem so you don't have to do it again, which I did.

Personally I would avoid anything that required computer tuning (that statement will probably get a hot response). My reason is really pretty simple. This system can make big horsepower, get you good gas mileage and you don't have to mess with it at all, ever.

I wouldn't go back to carbs, choking on the fumes at red lights and 8 mpg for anything. My only experience is with Mass-Flo and their guys which ihas been exceptional. So others that use the same technology might be just as good. This has worked great for me. Turn the key and go, every time.