Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   GT40 Talk (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/gt40-talk/)
-   -   Superformance GT40 review (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/gt40-talk/136357-superformance-gt40-review.html)

NewYorkGuy 04-25-2016 11:42 AM

Superformance GT40 review

The Smoking Gun
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCws8bW4Ru0[/ame]

ermenasce 05-14-2016 07:21 PM

I got my Superformance MKII about three weeks ago.
This is the most demanding and addictive car I had.
Despite the constraints such as getting in and out, I literally
can't wait to drive the car.
It is just beautiful - though the MK I is better looking - has plenty of power -650 HP - a sound to die for, and most important you are in a race car as it looks, sounds and drive like a race car.
What unique experience!

1985 CCX 05-15-2016 07:50 AM

Well said.
Saving my pennies 😀

hercf16 06-05-2016 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ermenasce (Post 1391291)
I got my Superformance MKII about three weeks ago.
This is the most demanding and addictive car I had.
Despite the constraints such as getting in and out, I literally
can't wait to drive the car.
It is just beautiful - though the MK I is better looking - has plenty of power -650 HP - a sound to die for, and most important you are in a race car as it looks, sounds and drive like a race car.
What unique experience!

How tall are you and how is the fit? Me, 6"2" and fit ok in my SF Cobra, looking
at a SF GT40 and not suer if I can get into it and close the door.

ermenasce 06-09-2016 02:58 AM

I am 5'8"
It is very difficult to get in, even more difficult to get out
But the steering wheel can be removed which makes this in and out easier
The car has a Gurney bubble which should help as far as your height is
concerned

xb-60 06-09-2016 03:29 AM

Interesting.
I've driven in an RF GT40 and at 6-2 I was amazed at how easily I fitted. Getting in and out was far easier than I expected as well, but you need to know the right way to do it.
A GT40 replica is on the wish list!

Cheers,
Glen

SPF1061 06-09-2016 06:04 AM

The video was great fun to watch. The guy driving the car was absolutely giddy.

Igofastr 06-09-2016 08:32 AM

Too bad he never got to really open it up.

I'm 6'1.5", with a long back. Really, there is plenty of room once you're in. If you have knee problems, get a Corvette.

SPF1061 06-09-2016 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Igofastr (Post 1394288)
Too bad he never got to really open it up.

I think he might have pee'd his pants.

Mark IV 06-09-2016 09:12 AM

I have a bum knee (have a medial partial artificial knee on the right) and have no problems getting in/out of the SPF 40. In fact after the first week I never pulled the wheel anymore. The trick is to just stand on the seat and "drop" in. People try to enter by parking the butt in the seat and then swinging the legs in.....humans are missing the type of joints that would allow that to work!

The seats in Alcantara are durable and because they lift out are easy to clean so no worries there.

ermenasce 06-09-2016 02:42 PM

Mark IV
I agree with you
It is a leg game not a butt game
And stand on the seat,

Igofastr 06-10-2016 08:59 AM

I don't know, when I blew my knee(s) out, there was no getting in until I had nearly full range of motion.

Maybe I need to work on my technique.

Luke427 07-03-2016 03:26 PM

Thanks for sharing. I'm literally drowling... a GT40 replica is definitely one of my next cars!

ermenasce 08-24-2016 07:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Trying to post pictures erased when site crashed

ermenasce 08-24-2016 07:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
More pics

ermenasce 08-24-2016 07:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
More pictures