Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   GT40 Tech Talk -- MK1 - MKII - MKIII - MKIV (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/gt40-tech-talk-mk1-mkii-mkiii-mkiv/)
-   -   SPF GT40 Oil Pan (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/gt40-tech-talk-mk1-mkii-mkiii-mkiv/88949-spf-gt40-oil-pan.html)

CWizard 07-01-2008 06:13 PM

SPF GT40 Oil Pan

Some of the SPF GT40 ads (I think for the MkII) say that the oil pan is furnished by SPF. Can someone explain this? Does the SPF GT require some kind of special oil pan? Thanks.

ENTDOC 07-01-2008 06:20 PM

yes, one that fits between the frame and does not hang lower

Woodz428 07-01-2008 07:41 PM

The Coupe ,as well, comes with a special pan for similar reasons...it's also baffled.

CWizard 07-02-2008 10:42 AM

Thanks Doc and Woodsy. I was curious because I just happen to have one of those SPF GT/Coupe oil pans - thinking about putting it on the Cobra because it is an inch shorter (7 vs 8 inches) than my current pan. And yes, it is very nicely baffled. Swinging doors and secret compartments!
Thanks again.

J Persons 07-02-2008 11:57 AM

If it is a GT40 style pan, it's probably made by Aviaid and should be checked for leaks and weld splatter prior to using.

PANAVIA 07-02-2008 12:02 PM

Can someone post a picture, I am curious.

does it require a special pickup tube >?

--Steve

Dangerous Doug 07-02-2008 12:49 PM

You can also get a GT-40 oil pan from Armando in TX. I just ordered a 289 Cobra "road race" oil pan from him. Should be coming in about two weeks.

Armando used to work for Aviaid. When I get back to the office I can post his web site on this thread. Everyone I've talked to about him and his work has had good things to say.

DD

J Persons 07-02-2008 01:08 PM

This is an Armandos GT40 pan. He will configure it any way you want, as far as oil temp bung and dip stick provision. If you are using a late model block, you will need a dip stick bung in the pan, or a front timing cover with the dip stick provision. You will also need to block off the factory dip stick hole in the block. They come fully baffled and with the correct pickup.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...0oilpan002.jpg

Dangerous Doug 07-02-2008 01:18 PM

Here's the link to Armando's web site: www.geocities.com/motorcity/flats/1624/

CWizard 07-02-2008 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PANAVIA (Post 857556)
Can someone post a picture, I am curious.

does it require a special pickup tube >?

--Steve

Yes, the SPF pan came with a pickup tube and also a dipstick tube. I'll see if I can find some pictures tomorrow.

mechal55 03-02-2015 03:33 AM

nks Doc and Woodsy. I was curious because I just happen to have one of those SPF GT/Coupe oil pans - thinking about putting it on the Cobra because it is an inch shorter (7 vs 8 inches) than my current pan. And yes, it is very nicely baffled. Swing

Dwight 03-02-2015 04:36 AM

you did notice the last post was July of 2008

Dwight

TN Shelby Cobra 03-11-2015 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwight (Post 1341342)
you did notice the last post was July of 2008

Dwight

Dwight, I think Jerry still has the pan! ( I thought I saw it the last time I was at his shop) Mark