Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Holley Tuning (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/holley-tuning/)
-   -   AED bottom feed high flow needle and seat (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/holley-tuning/140350-aed-bottom-feed-high-flow-needle-seat.html)

tortuga 02-22-2018 07:38 PM

AED bottom feed high flow needle and seat

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone have experience with these? They are two piece with the lower piece free to fall out, seems like the only way to install them is with the bowl off and upside down?

Not sure I like these enough to run them, part of my roadside fix it kit are a needle and seat, a 5/8 stubby combo, and a wide screwdriver to change a N&S should one jam. With these? No way...

Thoughts, experience?

Thanks

Steve H
SPF 1764

Gaz64 02-24-2018 10:06 PM

Have seen it, but never liked that idea at all.

BLP makes a bottom feed that has captive needle like a stock Holley unit.

tortuga 02-25-2018 09:14 AM

Blp

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaz64 (Post 1439315)
Have seen it, but never liked that idea at all.

BLP makes a bottom feed that has captive needle like a stock Holley unit.

Thanks, I installed the AEDs but am not a fan of not being able to pull one if it gets fouled on the side of The road...as I have had to do in the past.

Thanks for the tip on the BLPs, I like the idea of bottom feed but not the way AED does it...

Steve H
SPF 1764

Gaz64 04-17-2018 07:08 PM

I have found a few bottom feed needle and seats, AED, BLP and another which escapes me at the moment, but will find it soon.

It does seem that all bottom feeds don't have needle retention, so if a needle and seat needs to be removed, it is a bowl off job to R & R.

I plan to fit a positive stop clip to mine, so the needle is captive, but the clip can be removed after the assembly is removed.

Gary