Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Hurricane Motorsports

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-26-2009, 07:32 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     
Default First New Hurricane 427 Roadster Body

Press Release from Hurricane - 11-25-2009

First New Hurricane 427 Roadster Body Comes Out of the Mold
First steel frame is also complete; Special plans in store for first new Hurricane

LAKE CITY, IOWA- Hurricane Motorsports is making rapid progress at its new home where new owners Scranton Manufacturing are diligently reviving the legendary roadster. The first fiberglass body in nearly 2 years has emerged from the original Hurricane mold, just days after the first steel frame received its final welds. Thursday, November 19th marked the birth of the first fiberglass body, which was captured in a photo revealing the car fresh out of the mold with a black gelcoat finish. The build staff at the high-performance car manufacturer (including original fabricator Jason Kovachevich, who is overseeing the entire process) is very pleased with the quality of the first Hurricane body made in a facility specializing in fiberglass. As for where the first new car will go from here, Hurricane is only saying there are special plans they believe will excite followers.

There are only one hundred twenty-two authentic Hurricane 427 Roadsters in existence around the world (there are Hurricanes in Mexico, Belgium, and Indonesia), so the creation of car body number one hundred twenty-three is welcome news to those whom have been waiting nearly 2 years to purchase one themselves. The highly accurate shape and caliber of the Hurricane's fiberglass body, as well as the car's overall quality and completeness, have proven to be a major draw for enthusiasts. Steve Sinnard, the new vice president of Hurricane says, "It's fantastic to see this great car coming to life again. The body came out just as expected with an excellent consistency and quality." Sinnard says though the car is in preliminary production and not yet available for purchase, Scranton Manufacturing is already receiving many Hurricane order inquiries.

Hurricane believes its plans for the first new car will be exciting to its 427 Roadster owners and fans, symbolic of the car's legendary performance as well as a new era for the company. The new Hurricane Motorsports expects to announce limited availability for orders in the near future. Details will continue to be announced as they become available.

Visit the Hurricane Motorsports website at www.hurricane-motorsports.com
Old 11-26-2009, 07:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratch built CSX style frame, Carbon fiber body, 393 Stroker, T-bird IRS, T5
Not Ranked     

I'm sure it's a nice car, but "Legendary? " Doesn't that take a bit more time to earn that title?
Old 11-26-2009, 08:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe SOLD.Current 66 Mustang
Not Ranked     

Glad to see your up and running again!
I agree Life is way to short to worry about gas milage.Other rides Crewcab Super Duty F350 Ford,Shlby Charger,66Mustang/Frankinstang,Chevy Van,KTM Dualsport,FFR Daytona Coupe SOLD... RUN N GUN 06,07,08,09 Hallet 09,
Old 11-26-2009, 09:02 AM
CC Member / Sponsor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

It is too bad Mike and Rich didn't have the backing needed for them to continue. They are friends of mine. I'm glad to see that the Hurricane is continuing. It really is a nice car.

Bill

www.gcperf.com
Old 11-26-2009, 09:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Looks good to me.
Larry
Old 11-26-2009, 10:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane Motorsports, 427w
Not Ranked     

I'm so glad Hurricane is back. And with the deep financial and engineering resources that Scranton seems to have, this car will be better than ever.
I loved the build of my Hurricane so much, that I might just have to build me another!
Hurricane Motorsports #1053; 427w
Old 11-26-2009, 11:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham and Hurricane Dealer in Mexico www.kitcarsmexico.com
Send a message via Skype™ to Kit Cars Mexico
Not Ranked     

I am very pleased to know that these kits are being produced once again.

Alfredo Canalizo
www.kitcarsmexico.com
Old 11-26-2009, 11:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane #1037, 351C, TKO 600
Not Ranked     

Are these continuation cars?

"Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory."
Old 11-26-2009, 11:22 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Congrats to the new Hurricane on their first body out of the mold. Much success!!

The folks at Scranton Manufacturing might need a little nudge to come join the party on CC and start posting updates.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 11-26-2009, 06:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: hurricane,# 1060
Not Ranked     

pretty cool that the new hurricane body popped out of the mold on the 19Th ,that's my b-day.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 408w 500 h.p. 550 ft.lbs
Not Ranked     

Is it just me or does that photo look phoney????
The whole background is blurry & lacking of any colour,gloss or definition, yet the newly minted body is shiney black & razor sharp in definition.
Perhaps a little computer enhancement?

Craig
Old 11-27-2009, 05:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B cobra (sold), Hurricane HMS1002 (sold), Kirkham 289 FIA, (sold) RCR GT 40(sold) SPF GT40 2122(sold) Hurricane HMS2002, (sold) RCR SLC (sold) GTR on the way!
Not Ranked     

Craig,
Are your kidding? A Hurricane cobra conspiracy?? Say it isn't so!

This release is from their ad company. They are trying to make it look professional. They should realize we just want to see more pictures and less advertising.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arps/Burroughs/Hurricane/428FE
Not Ranked     

For me the Hurricane and it's story is legendary.
It's an evolving success story based on a superior frame and subframe design, a very complete kit package and a very accurate body design. The Hurricane exhitits a well balanced and quality representation of an original Shelby Cobra. I have compared all the replicas on the market and the Hurricane is in the same league as the top of the heap machines.
To just Slam any product for no real reaon is kind of stupid and mean spirted so I suggest that folks do a little honest research and thoroughly check out all the available replicas on the market and then decide.

Anyway, The best to Hurricane Motorsports rebirth.
Bill
Old 11-27-2009, 08:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 408w 500 h.p. 550 ft.lbs
Not Ranked     

Bill
Cool your jets, nowhere did I "SLAM" the product I just critcised the poor quality of the photo/advertisement.
I would be the first to admit I know O about Hurricane or its products, so I suggest you re-read my comment then post your correction.

I also wish them sucess in their re-birth. Having had my own business for 40+ years I am more than familiar with the difficulties of doing so.

Craig
Old 11-27-2009, 09:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None yet!
Send a message via Yahoo to aks801
Not Ranked     

The photo strikes me as having an intentional "out of the past" kind of quality. As in, the background could be some original-type facility from the 60's, with the brand-new body just out of the mold. I dunno, kind of cool to me.

Those seam lines are placed interestingly. Nothing along the top ridge of the fenders, so that highly visible area gets a break. But the seams right at the front edges of the headlight buckets and nose/intake are: does that leave someone with enough room to work those areas? I'm no bodyman so have no experience in that area, so just wondering.

Oh, and the "legendary" line would probably be attributed more toward the original cars, not the short history of the first itteration of Hurricane.

I'll be watching this company's rebirth very closely, as it looks very exciting.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arps/Burroughs/Hurricane/428FE
Not Ranked     

OK you guys, I'm sorry if I came on sort of strong about your coments (my bad) ...I'm old and crabby.
It's just that I feel the Hurricane is such a well built replica when compared to the rest of the field.
Bill

Last edited by Bill Bess; 11-28-2009 at 10:06 AM..
Old 11-28-2009, 05:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I have been following Hurricane for a very long time, thinking I really wanted to build one when I could afford it. Then I saw that No. 98 car in London, and I knew I had to have one! It really is an amazing car, and except for a few details that I'm sure could be worked out with a few years of production, I felt it could be right up there with the best cars available. If Hurricane went away never to be heard from again, those of us who were moved by their product would have been telling stories about them for years. I don't know if that makes them Legendary, but I glad they are on the brink of coming back from the dead. Best of luck to Hurricane, and those of us who aspire to own one. In order to be a success they are going to need sales.
Old 11-28-2009, 06:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA140, ERA 267, ERA GT2038, ERA FIA 2045, ERAGT2077 ERA2893000EXP
Not Ranked     

Some electronic cameras have a feature that will focus on one color in a picture and turn everything else to black and white... as appears here.

Jim
Old 11-28-2009, 07:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Coupe,Blue w/white stripes SB; Roadster, Blue w/white stripes BB w/2-4s; SPF installer/Hot Rod-Custom Car builder
Not Ranked     

[quote=aks801;1004691]
The photo strikes me as having an intentional "out of the past" kind of quality. As in, the background could be some original-type facility from the 60's, with the brand-new body just out of the mold. I dunno, kind of cool to me.

Those seam lines are placed interestingly. QUOTE]

I agree, it almost looks like it could have been photoshopped into a picture from the original panel beater shop in England. I don't recall ever seeing an oxygen cabinet in any of the shops I've worked at.
I think the placement of the seams is interesting as well. It looks like it would make for a lot less seam work in highly visible areas.

Last edited by Woodz428; 11-28-2009 at 07:40 AM..
Old 11-28-2009, 01:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

It looks like a black and white photo with some depth of field. Who would have thought? All this fuss over a press photo. I wonder if they are building the bodies in the 1960's and somehow transporting them to the present?