Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Ignition (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/ignition/)
-   -   Rev limiter chip for MSD 6AL (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/ignition/125150-rev-limiter-chip-msd-6al.html)

dan512 01-08-2014 01:17 PM

Rev limiter chip for MSD 6AL

I just bought a SPF, waiting for it to be shipped over to Europe.

Blas had the great suggestion to put a 4k rev limiter chip into the MSD, so no idiot ruins the engine during transport.

Where can I order one from?

Are there different types depending on which ignition is installed?

Dan

ERA Chas 01-08-2014 01:27 PM

Summit Racing and order the set for 6AL's.

madmaxx 01-08-2014 02:29 PM

NO NO NO, order from Jegs and get free shipping and handling

blown871 01-08-2014 03:44 PM

surely someone here could send you one.........
i will look to see if I have one.
nobody would use a 4k........so plenty 'sitting' around.

Dwight 01-08-2014 03:52 PM

I have a buddy that has a 3000 chip. Could not find it listed with Summit but I think you can call and ask for a 3000 rpm chip.

df

ERA Chas 01-08-2014 03:57 PM

They are usually sold in sets and I'm not sure 4000 is in the set.

601HP 01-08-2014 04:05 PM

I have two 3000 rpm pins. You may have one of them for free.

David

WardL 01-08-2014 08:50 PM

As long as you are not asking them to drive it to Europe, why don't you take the MSD box out completely and make the engine impossible to start??

dan512 01-08-2014 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WardL (Post 1279425)
As long as you are not asking them to drive it to Europe, why don't you take the MSD box out completely and make the engine impossible to start??

Good idea, but the car has to be "driveable" to get it on and of the trailer, otherwise different rates apply.

STEVE-O 01-09-2014 05:56 AM

Instead of taking the whole ignition box out, what would happen if just the limiter chip was removed?
Seems like it wouldnt start so maybe could be used as a theft deterrent? Wouldnt solve the issue discussed here as far as transport but just wondering.

601HP 01-09-2014 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STEVE-O (Post 1279504)
Instead of taking the whole ignition box out, what would happen if just the limiter chip was removed?
Seems like it wouldnt start so maybe could be used as a theft deterrent? Wouldnt solve the issue discussed here as far as transport but just wondering.

The 6AL will operate fully without the chip. There will be no rpm limitation.

David