Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   JBL-- JBL Larry G. (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/jbl-jbl-larry-g/)
-   -   Calculating tubular anti-roll bar size etc (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/jbl-jbl-larry-g/78919-calculating-tubular-anti-roll-bar-size-etc.html)

Ant 05-14-2007 01:58 AM

Calculating tubular anti-roll bar size etc

Richard,

As you a past master in chassis design, and the cockpit adjustable anti roll bar design, can you advise me on a good formula for calculating tube size etc, or a recommendation as I wish to build a bar for the front at this stage?

I am not sure the rear end will need a bar, as every race car I have owned I have removed the rear bar and gone just as quick, but then some of my cars didnt handle that well...... LOL

rdorman 05-14-2007 05:56 AM

Richard is the master:MECOOL: This Richard will just say buy a copy of Milliken's Race Car Vehicle Dynamics. Damn good reading. Richard recommended it to me and I could not put it down. As you know, careful calculations will only get you in the ball park but since yours will be adjustable, hopefully it is the right ball park!

Ant 05-14-2007 06:10 AM

Roll bar

Richard,

I did that bought the Milliken book, and the Aussie 3D CD to go with the book, to calculate roll centers etc, loaned them to a fellow Cobra builder, and he decided to keep them for himself......! Good idea will have to either buy another or go to the library and see whats available.

rdorman 05-14-2007 06:23 AM

Man that stinks he kept your book! Great book isn't it? Obviously they thought so! Circle track magazine had a great article not long ago on the construction details for bars. Not size, just good how to. I enjoy the tech in the magazine.