Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Keith Craft Racing (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/keith-craft-racing/)
-   -   What happened to Keith Craft? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/keith-craft-racing/136140-what-happened-keith-craft.html)

patrickt 03-27-2016 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmustang (Post 1385852)
NYG appears to be an alter ego for a certain west coast CC member

I've always suspected RodKnock and NYG to be one in the same.:cool:

RET_COP 03-27-2016 08:00 AM

NYG, you did more that just point out the website down, YOU LAUGHED at it.
"hilarious, million dollar manufacturing company and they can't invest a $100 to a website Host"
That is a big difference- and that is what we're pointing out.
I had the pleasure of speaking with Keith on a few occasions and he called me back when he didn't have to. I thought that was pretty good service. I hope he enjoys retirement.

NewYorkGuy 03-27-2016 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmustang (Post 1385852)
NYG appears to be an alter ego for a certain west coast CC member

No, sir, i love pets and I have plenty of home attention.

now go lower your mustang for sale by $2500. 🙌🙌☺️☺️☺️

NewYorkGuy 03-27-2016 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RET_COP (Post 1385858)
NYG, you did more that just point out the website down, YOU LAUGHED at it.
"hilarious, million dollar manufacturing company and they can't invest a $100 to a website Host"...

I apologize, i didnt know KCraft was a mom & pop operation.
Regardless, the new owner should never let a website expire , thats like unplugging the work phone.
Let the owner know their ads here at ClubCobra needs to be updated.

aarvig 03-28-2016 06:57 AM

Holy Cow!!

Wow, I didn't expect to open this can of worms with a simple question. Unfortunately it seems that people behind a keyboard have no filter. Its a lot harder to speak your mind when you are face to face with someone than sitting behind a keyboard. Why, because you realize emotions are involved and there are ramifications for what you say and do. One of the reasons I hate the internet. Keith, I am sorry that this simple question opened the door to these kinds of comments. I will be giving you a call for an engine quote this week. I know that your reputation precedes any type of failed internet links or snarky comments someone may post online (especially someone who doesn't even own a cobra). Rest assured there are people out there that still like to communicate with a phone call and a handshake and who understand a well earned reputation is something that goes deeper than a simple failed link or a downed website...which is why I asked about your company. I knew someone with a positive experience doing business with you would know how to get a hold of you.

750hp 03-28-2016 07:13 AM

As Brent stated, Keith has sold the company and retired, so you won't be speaking to Keith if you call the shop.

aarvig 03-28-2016 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 750hp (Post 1385970)
As Brent stated, Keith has sold the company and retired, so you won't be speaking to Keith if you call the shop.

Thanks. I still feel bad that Keith's reputation got called up here. I know how hard it is to build a reputation only to have someone post something stupid and not well thought out online...it hurts. I've been there and I have spent hours of my time chasing posters down because your business is your life. Inaccurate, negative information online can affect your bottom line and how people view your company. So, Keith I do apologize this thread lead to this if you read this. I'm still going to check out Craft Performance.

mrmustang 03-28-2016 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy (Post 1385868)
No, sir, i love pets and I have plenty of home attention.

now go lower your mustang for sale by $2500. 🙌🙌☺️☺️☺️

Hmmm, A1A and rice I think ;)

NewYorkGuy 03-28-2016 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aarvig (Post 1385971)
Thanks. I still feel bad that Keith's reputation got called up here. I know how hard it is to build a reputation only to have someone post something stupid and not well thought out online...it hurts. I've been there and I have spent hours of my time chasing posters down because your business is your life. Inaccurate, negative information online can affect your bottom line and how people view your company. So, Keith I do apologize this thread lead to this if you read this. I'm still going to check out Craft Performance.

how did I call out KC reputation? I pointed out his website is not working. whoever is in charge of the website dropped the ball. failed at his/her job.

BTW, the KCraft ads don't work. they go to Go Daddy.com. someone call the new owner and let him know. thank u

Predict 09-09-2021 10:44 AM

New owner of craft Performance Lance is awful service. Engine came and had a knock with only 3-4hours of use. Was awful from the beginning of purchase.

eschaider 09-09-2021 01:15 PM

For someone to start their CC experience with an attack on a long standing, well respected supporting vendor of the site is,well bad form. You might want to visit with Craft Performance and discuss your problems with them first, before you begin publicly attacking them.

Some of us have been members here for nearly two decades (or more) and have a very different opinion of the supporting vendor you are attacking and I might add has helped so many of us so often.

I suspect your engine failure is owner operator induced and not engine builder related. Moreover this is your attempt to begin the dirty process of trying to get someone else to stand good for your own malfeasance. I think you might have joined the wrong website. You would probably be much better off in the weeds of some social media forum.

Ed

Blue66 09-09-2021 01:25 PM

5 year old thread :eek:

Tommy 09-09-2021 01:25 PM

I have no dog in this fight. But I did have problems with an engine built by a once reputable company that had been sold to a disreputable new owner shortly before I placed my order. Reputations go with the people who earned them, not the businesses they once owned, IMHO.

eschaider 09-09-2021 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue66 (Post 1496869)
5 year old thread :eek:

A five year old thread with a 2 and a half hour old smear. Bad form ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommy (Post 1496870)
I have no dog in this fight. But I did have problems with an engine built by a once reputable company that had been sold to a disreputable new owner shortly before I placed my order. Reputations go with the people who earned them, not the businesses they once owned, IMHO.

Couldn't agree more. My instincts tell me that is not the case in the matter of post #30.

Ed

patrickt 09-09-2021 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommy (Post 1496870)

Or a product name that gets sold. I remember when my favorite Kendall Oil got its name sold (and nobody told me) and the new oil of course bears no semblance whatsoever to what it once was (and the original Kendall Oil is now BradPenn). The same is true for people's name as well. But if the person's name was the one that was actually touching the product then it becomes kind of deceptive. Sort of like the Leonardo da Vinci Painting Studio getting sold to Joe Schmoe. Who wants their portrait painted by Joe Schmoe?:confused:

twobjshelbys 09-09-2021 04:03 PM

I can't count the number of businesses that are sold, retain the original name, and then promptly ruin the reputation of a stellar old company... The buyer paid a lot for what is referred to as "good will", and then promptly flushed it down the toilet.

This isn't the only one. There are several examples here.

DanEC 09-09-2021 04:35 PM

Great form for solving a problem. I can tell you there is an inverse relationship with how quickly and often you take a gripe to public forums and social media to air and shame the company - and the level of cooperation and good will you receive from the company to resolve your problem. They probably won’t even answer your phone calls if they see this. Congratulations on screwing yourself.

eschaider 09-09-2021 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanEC (Post 1496880)
Great form for solving a problem. I can tell you there is an inverse relationship with how quickly and often you take a gripe to public forums and social media to air and shame the company - and the level of cooperation and good will you receive from the company to resolve your problem. They probably won’t even answer your phone calls if they see this. Congratulations on screwing yourself.

People like this jerk usually have been screwing themselves their entire life because of their bad attitude. As a result, the next forty miles of bad road always seem so familiar to them.

Ed

Bruce.huling 09-09-2021 06:58 PM

Lighten up. Geez, what a thread I tripped in to by mistake.

xb-60 09-10-2021 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predict (Post 1496862)
New owner of craft Performance Lance is awful service. Engine came and had a knock with only 3-4hours of use. Was awful from the beginning of purchase.

Back to you, Predict. Do you have more information about any further contact from yourself with Craft Performance Engines? If so, have they replied?

Cheers,
Glen