Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Keith Craft Racing (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/keith-craft-racing/)
-   -   Keith Craft built engine information (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/keith-craft-racing/143564-keith-craft-built-engine-information.html)

TimG427 05-04-2020 07:56 AM

Keith Craft built engine information

I don't know if anyone has any records on a 482 aluminum engine that Keith Craft built for customer A Petsche in 2011. This is the bronze Kirkham and Keith Craft built the motor. I would imagine it is putting out well over 600 HP with torque numbers in the same range. If possible, I'd love some information on the build of the motor if any is available.

Thanks.

Anthony 05-04-2020 08:05 AM

Maybe contact Keith Craft ?

TimG427 05-04-2020 08:11 AM

I thought they had closed up shop.

MKS427 05-04-2020 09:01 AM

Lance Smith bought it. It is now Craft Performance Engines.

olddog 05-04-2020 09:40 AM

Lance worked for Keith for a number of years, before purchasing the company from Keith. I believe the entire operation is more or less the same as it always was. Obviously time changes everything.

Lance has come to the Ohio Cobra show in London, Ohio many times, and is a great guy to talk to. He always has some engine eye candy on display.

TimG427 05-04-2020 10:23 AM

Thank you, I'll reach out to Lance.

Dwight 05-04-2020 05:41 PM

I have visited Lance a couple of times in the last three months. The guys work 4 10's but Lance is in the shop on Fridays. I'm sure he has the records for the motor you are asking about.

Most of his 482 were 620 hp 640 tq.

TimG427 05-05-2020 05:06 AM

Thank you, Dwight. That sounds in the neighborhood, this one seems a bit healthier than my other 482's built by Keith Craft. I'll try to reach Lance.