Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Kirkham Motorsports (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/kirkham-motorsports/)
-   -   Anyone have a Bucket of money handy (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/kirkham-motorsports/104536-anyone-have-bucket-money-handy.html)

PANAVIA 05-15-2010 08:30 PM

Anyone have a Bucket of money handy

why do these things pop up when i have no cash.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_962wt_1165

Xavier 05-15-2010 08:37 PM

Finally, a potentially great find on flea-bay.

PANAVIA 05-15-2010 08:46 PM

Notes =-- Body looks like it is prepped for paint, and not brushed.

Pipes need to be fitted and coated -

body NOT cut for sidepipes -- could be an undercar -CAR!!!

Anyone want a CSX >?

RodKnock 05-15-2010 09:39 PM

Steve, you can get a brand new 427 Kirkham for $57,000 with most options in file finish, which is the finish of the one in the eBay ad.

I saw it a few days ago, but I didn't think it was much of a deal since the seller is probably looking for close to the BIN price of $55K.

tkb289 05-15-2010 11:25 PM

Steve,

Sounds like you have a very serious case of Aluminum-itis :eek:

I think a lot of money buckets nowadays have some mighty big leaks ... but if you can part with the SPF or CSX, that ought to help make it a bit easier.

There is a KMP in your future :D

PANAVIA 05-16-2010 03:54 AM

Wont part with the SPF -- it has a soul.

tkb289 05-16-2010 04:01 AM

Understood ... you have put a lot of time, effort and custom features into that ride, more to come for the SPF or are you done ?

kris-kincaid 05-16-2010 07:31 AM

To me that looks like a file finish. Long way to go before you paint it. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by PANAVIA (Post 1051170)
Notes =-- Body looks like it is prepped for paint, and not brushed.

MOTORHEAD 05-16-2010 10:05 AM

Looks good to me!:D
Mine was painted over file finish, lots of "high build primer/surfacer" and lots of sanding!:rolleyes:n (no, I didn't do it)
Does a new roller have the kirkham 3rd member at the $57k price?
YIKES:eek: Metal car, exposed terminals on batt sw in trunk:eek::eek: Better cover that puppy before putting your clubs in there, or your "hole-in-one" will be a black, smoking ONE!!:LOL:

RodKnock 05-16-2010 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOTORHEAD (Post 1051270)
Does a new roller have the kirkham 3rd member at the $57k price?

Yes, the aluminum rear end is included at $57K.

kgs365 05-16-2010 02:26 PM

i emailed the owner

tried to explain that the pricing on a 2010 Kirkham with the same spec is $57-$58K ...that in some states transfering a certificate of origin can be tricky etc...he doesn't care...no negotiation....this one will get listed over and over its not a deal at the price being asked

PANAVIA 05-19-2010 01:47 AM

Tim --

The SPF is under minor revisions now, I worked very hard on the combination that is in there and it drives really well.

I have been thinking of minor upgrades here and there, but who knows, if i get bored -- things could change.

I think I need to concentrate on some other more pressing needs / things and DRIVE the SPF!

Steve