Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Kirkham Motorsports (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/kirkham-motorsports/)
-   -   Appraiser Recommendation? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/kirkham-motorsports/105231-appraiser-recommendation.html)

Foghorn 06-23-2010 05:14 PM

Appraiser Recommendation?

I need to find an appraiser that knows what the Kirkham cars are and what they represent.

I talked to a local "appraiser" today and he based my car's value on how much I had invested in it. The more he talked the less comfortable I felt about the service he purported to provide.

His fee is $495 :eek: (I'm in the wrong business).

Can anyone recommend a reputable appraiser in SoCal that understands what he is appraising?

Mark Thompson 06-24-2010 07:20 AM

Is this for insurance purposes? If so then purchase cost is what they need.

Mark

Foghorn 06-24-2010 02:27 PM

Insurance on the vehicle is one of the outcomes of my appraisal. As we all know, replacement cost and purchase price are not always the same. I need a fair market value as a basis as opposed to what it cost me to complete this specific build.

Caustic_Cobra 06-24-2010 02:51 PM

Foghorn,

I went that route with my car. After paying for the appraisal, I then realized I didn't need the apprasial to have it insured (at least with the insurance company I used). And yes it was pricey. I just don't want to see you make the same mistake I made!!

Not sure what you mean by "outcomes", but if it is for insurance, make sure you know the difference between "stated value" and "agreed value". Big difference. I was fortunate enough to have someone here enlighten me.