Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Kirkham Motorsports (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/kirkham-motorsports/)
-   -   Kmp216's' (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/kirkham-motorsports/120770-kmp216s.html)

PCW 05-21-2013 07:47 AM

Kmp216's'

Can someone please explain what the KMP216'S' is? In the attached ad it states that the KMP216'S' is "the rarest of all Kirkham Cobras, with three having been made (as per the most recent Cobra Registry)". Can you still order them from Kirkham? I couldn't find them listed on their site.

Kirkham Street Version 427 Cobra, brushed aluminum coachwork

Thanks,
pcw

Bill D 05-21-2013 08:12 AM

Street version?

PCW 05-21-2013 08:52 AM

Yes, sorry I see now it is a 427 Street version.

pcw

1985 CCX 05-21-2013 01:25 PM

Rare my been a bad choice of words? :LOL:

Owner must have been in Sales and Marketing...... :LOL:

kurtmart 04-14-2014 11:21 AM

At the time I wrote that there was less than 10 Kirkham street 427s, out of more than 500 cars made.
Qualifies as "rare" to me.

BTW Car sold to a collector in Japan.

rodneym 04-14-2014 02:20 PM

That was a nice Cobra, Kurt.
Did you move on to something else?
Still got the Yenko?

750hp 04-15-2014 06:58 AM

Kurt, only for historical interest, did you buy 216 through Ebay? I remember the KMP217/3002 hybrid car sold in late 2003 on Ebay for a song and I kick myself to this day for not jumping on it.

kurtmart 04-15-2014 12:04 PM

Hi Rodney. Sold the Yenko at pebble a couple of years ago. Bought a '64 Ferrari 330gt that has turned into such a nightmare that I'm parting it out. Current project... wait for it, is a '64 International Scout.

750hp. Bought the car new from Kirkham after a visit to Utah.

Cheers boys.