Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Kirkham Motorsports (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/kirkham-motorsports/)
-   -   Difference in Suspensions? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/kirkham-motorsports/74978-difference-suspensions.html)

big-boss 12-05-2006 08:04 AM

Difference in Suspensions?

What is the difference between the newer billit arms & stuff verse the traditional tubes & stuff? Do the cars drive better? Little lighter? Thanks. Older Kirkhams are popping up in various forms and most have the tube style suspension- JUst thinking are they better or worse?

rsimoes 12-05-2006 09:55 AM

It saves a lot of weight and has different geometry, therefore better handling. It is a better suspension, but if you want authenticity, you can still get the original setup, right down to the brakes.

Jamo 12-22-2006 04:32 PM

Wow...immediate expertise! :)

Big Boss...it has more to do with adjustability than anything else. The traditional setup had very little adjustment.

Turns out my car has the prototype for the first arruminum ones (additional adjustibility), but it is done in steel...came right off David K's car cuz he didn't want some lawyer suing his ass off if the first arruminum ones broke. :p

I'm not sure if they make adjustable steel ones like mine, so one benefit of the arruminum would be adjustibility for the handling you want. Yes, a bit lighter no doubt, but I can't imagine it affecting the P/R ratio all that much. There have been several generations, ie., the boys keep moving forward.

mikiec 12-22-2006 06:22 PM

A lawyer suing??? Never heard of such a thing.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Mike

Ibr8k4vetts 12-22-2006 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikiec
A lawyer suing??? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Mike

Must be a rumor:p

Rick162 12-22-2006 08:10 PM

I have had both and yes there is even a newer set since mine. I really noticed a huge difference in the ride and overall positive feel going into corners at high speed.

The older suspensions tube type(non aluminum )however are valuable now for vintage racing (FIA) and somewhat valuable now.

Dominik 03-01-2007 01:58 AM

good morning,

I see that Kirkham lists the original suspension as an option for $15.000 on their site.
Would I get no refund for the billet one if I "upgrade" to the old one?

Dominik