Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Kirkham Motorsports (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/kirkham-motorsports/)
-   -   Tremec in a Kirkham (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/kirkham-motorsports/76415-tremec-kirkham.html)

rsimoes 02-02-2007 09:09 AM

Tremec in a Kirkham

I'm pretty sure that the reverse light wires do not get connected in Cobras, but does the neutral swictch usually get connected or not?

xlr8or 02-02-2007 09:19 AM

It's a good idea to have it hooked up. Nothing worse than reaching in from the outside to start the car and have it take off on you.

Jamo 02-03-2007 01:29 PM

dblbbl could tell you that...poor garbage can.

Larry N Johnson 02-21-2007 07:58 AM

T-5's have a neutral switch also.

I chose the clutch depression switch as the safety lockout.
Figured it was safer.

The reverse switch could be used for backup lights, if you wanted to mount those.

kris-kincaid 02-21-2007 03:04 PM

Did you hook up a neutral safety switch? If so, how'd you do it? :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by xlr8or
It's a good idea to have it hooked up. Nothing worse than reaching in from the outside to start the car and have it take off on you.

xlr8or 02-21-2007 03:28 PM

I haven't gotten around to it yet. The easiest I have found is to hook it up as an interupt between the starter selenoid and the ignition switch terminal 3 that engages the selenoid to start the car.

Tom Kirkham 02-21-2007 07:30 PM

Something to consider: if the clutch will not disengage (i.e. hydraulic problem) you are now stuck. Might be good to have a bypass switch so that in an emergency the car can be started in gear.

68gt500 02-22-2007 04:14 AM

Install a neutral safety switch ?

Why would you want do that ?

You guys drive lightweight 400 HP+ cars - but canīt remember to take it out of gear before hitting the starter ??

hmmm...

xlr8or 02-22-2007 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68gt500
Install a neutral safety switch ?

Why would you want do that ?

You guys drive lightweight 400 HP+ cars - but canīt remember to take it out of gear before hitting the starter ??

hmmm...

Not everyone is as smart as you obviously are.
It's good for people who don't own the car and might be driving or working on it too.

68gt500 02-23-2007 04:44 AM

My apologies - I did not mean to offend anyone!

Just have a hard time dealing with all the "necesary" unnecesary add-ons that modern cars are loaded with. Would not want to have any of it in my old cars...