Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Las Vegas Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/las-vegas-cobra-club/)
-   -   Aussie visiting the USA (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/las-vegas-cobra-club/117849-aussie-visiting-usa.html)

Baz 11-02-2012 06:30 PM

Aussie visiting the USA

Hi,

My name is Baz and I am a member of the Australian Cobra Club Forums. See my 'Gallery' on the Aussie site.

I am taking my wife, daughter, son, daughter in law, and two grand children to the USA. We leave Sydney on December, 10, spend a couple of days in LA at Disneyland then fly to New York for 5 days then fly to Orlando for 5 days then take a Christmas cruise on the new Disney Fantasy to the Caribbean and Mexico. When we return from the cruise, we pick up two 30 foot R/V's in Orlando and spend 2 weeks exploring Florida, Louisiana, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, North and South Carolina. We then fly back to L.A. where we pickup another two 30 foot R/V's for a 2 week tour to the Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, San Francisco to L.A. then fly home for a rest.

We will be in Las Vegas on the 15th and 16th January, 2013 staying at Circus Circus R/V Park. Whilst in Vegas we have booked for a 4 1/2 hour super stretched limo tour from 7pm on the 15th and plan to visit the Shelby Museum for the 10.30am tour on the 16th. We would love to meet up with any of you guys/gals from the Las Vegas Cobra Club and no better time would be at the Shelby Museum. We hope to see you there as your hospitality to touring Aussies is legendary downunder. Keep safe.

Baz

DrivinWest 11-03-2012 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baz (Post 1217580)
I am taking my wife, daughter, son, daughter in law, and two grand children to the USA. We leave Sydney on December, 10, spend a couple of days in LA at Disneyland then fly to New York for 5 days then fly to Orlando for 5 days then take a Christmas cruise on the new Disney Fantasy to the Caribbean and Mexico. When we return from the cruise, we pick up two 30 foot R/V's in Orlando and spend 2 weeks exploring Florida, Louisiana, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, North and South Carolina. We then fly back to L.A. where we pickup another two 30 foot R/V's for a 2 week tour to the Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, San Francisco to L.A. then fly home for a rest.

Sounds like an amazing trip!

For your southeast RV trip, make sure that the following cities are on your list:
  • Nashville, TN
  • Athens, GA
  • New Orleans, LA <- this is really a special place
Those of some of my favorite cities anywhere, and I've been to nearly 38 countries on 5 continents.

Have fun!

Ralphy 11-03-2012 06:36 PM

Baz,

If your visiting Shelby's place. Take some time after to visit Las Vegas Motor Speedway. It's right behind Shelby American. The track is a high banked 1 1/2 mile oval. If you have some extra bucks do a ride along for 3 laps at app. 160 MPH. You can drive thru the tunnel into the center where the cars and school are located.

Las Vegas Motor Speedway

Ralphy

Baz 11-04-2012 02:18 PM

Thanks fellas. I will take your tips on board.

Baz