Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Las Vegas Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/las-vegas-cobra-club/)
-   -   Mechanic (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/las-vegas-cobra-club/145064-mechanic.html)

ricatthebeac h 08-03-2021 10:08 AM

Mechanic

Just bought and received a Superformance Cobra Big block. Any recommendations for a place that can service this beauty? I live in Las Vegas, NV.

twobjshelbys 08-03-2021 11:42 AM

Well, you could start with the mechanic at 42 Autos in Alpha Cetauri, but that might be a little bit of a drive.

Knowing your location would be very helpful in acquiring sound advice.

jetblue69 08-03-2021 12:10 PM

Lol, he's at the beach... That should narrow it down! :)

1985 CCX 08-03-2021 03:41 PM

Tom out at the speedway
He did a number of the CSX1000 cars for SAI

ricatthebeac h 08-04-2021 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twobjshelbys (Post 1495548)
Well, you could start with the mechanic at 42 Autos in Alpha Cetauri, but that might be a little bit of a drive.

Knowing your location would be very helpful in acquiring sound advice.

I live in Las Vegas NV.

ricatthebeac h 08-04-2021 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetblue69 (Post 1495553)
Lol, he's at the beach... That should narrow it down! :)

Used to live at the beach in Malibu. Live in Vegas now.

twobjshelbys 08-04-2021 12:09 PM

As do I... Live in Vegas, that is. Unfortunately I can't help you.

There is a "car show" every Saturday morning at the mall with the Twin Peaks and BJs restaurants on Eastern in Henderson. (Just south of the Eastern/I215 intersection.) I haven't been for quite a while, but there used to be a whole bunch of Cobras there. (Including Peter Brock.) You might stop by the show and see other cars and get some help from them.

Remember that for the most part you don't need a Cobra-centric person. You need someone that knows how to work on the carb'd engine in a 55 Chevy. They're getting rarer every day.

ricatthebeac h 08-04-2021 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twobjshelbys (Post 1495576)
As do I... Live in Vegas, that is. Unfortunately I can't help you.

There is a "car show" every Saturday morning at the mall with the Twin Peaks and BJs restaurants on Eastern in Henderson. (Just south of the Eastern/I215 intersection.) I haven't been for quite a while, but there used to be a whole bunch of Cobras there. (Including Peter Brock.) You might stop by the show and see other cars and get some help from them.

Remember that for the most part you don't need a Cobra-centric person. You need someone that knows how to work on the carb'd engine in a 55 Chevy. They're getting rarer every day.

Thanks, only info that's of value so far.

Ric

twobjshelbys 08-04-2021 04:15 PM

We were in Colorado when I had my Cobra and my mechanic was the owner of the garage that did all the work on all of my cars, including the Cobra and the GT. He was a car nut with a 57 Chevy, GTO and Olds...

Tjd 08-04-2021 04:48 PM

Tom at the speedway this guy as an excellent craftsman and mechanic
if he can fit you into his schedule he has done a lot of Cobras since I’ve known him.
Tom

Desert-ValleyMS 11-21-2022 02:35 PM

If you're still struggling to find a good mechanic to work on your car feel free to email me

Dan@desertvalleyms.com and I can take care of your car.

Slither 11-21-2022 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1985 CCX (Post 1495557)
Tom out at the speedway
He did a number of the CSX1000 cars for SAI

Tom is no longer taking on any new projects. He is retiring and closing up shop at the end of this month.

twobjshelbys 11-21-2022 04:18 PM

You do realize this topic is over a year old...