Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   London Cobra Show (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/london-cobra-show/)
-   -   Another enjoyable London Cobra Show (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/london-cobra-show/141130-another-enjoyable-london-cobra-show.html)

Dirty Harry 06-27-2018 02:45 PM

Another enjoyable London Cobra Show

Although the weather tried to discourage us, most of us proved how dauntless we can be as we made our way through some weather on Thursday and part of Friday. Saturday was beautiful, though and the show went nicely. The weather for the drive home on Sunday was just gorgeous.

The speakers at the banquet were quite interesting and it was a great moment when the Ohio Cobra Club presented the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation with a check for $104,000. Over the years, the London Cobra Show has generated over $1.3 million for CF.

A lucky raffle winner got a stunning brand new Backdraft and next year's incredible raffle car was unveiled.

It was great to see a lot of old friends and to make new ones. If you haven't been to a London Cobra Show, it definitely belongs on your list of things to do.

Thanks to the Ohio Cobra Club and others who put in many long hours of work to make this show a huge success.

Dwight 06-27-2018 05:59 PM

Yes a must do bucket list thing

And the burn out rides down Main St London. This year they gave 409 rides at $10 each. I talked to one woman would rode four times.

A huge thanks to all the people who work so hard all year long to make this event happen to perfection.

Great speakers this year.

Only thing wrong was I did not win the raffle car, again!

But there is next year.

To quote a famous guy "I'll be bach"

Ron61 06-28-2018 04:35 AM

It sounds as if the weather wasn't quite as bad as many had feared it would be. And it sure sounds as if you had a great time. I wish I could attend the event but that isn't likely to happen.

Ron

Trubble 06-28-2018 07:32 AM

Thursday's downpour made us really fearful for the weekend show. Aside from a few sprinkles, Saturday was fantastic!

Great speakers, and big contribution to CF. Proud to be a member of Ohio Cobra Club.

Hope to meet more new friends next year.

1ntCobra 06-28-2018 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirty Harry (Post 1447321)
Although the weather tried to discourage us, most of us proved how dauntless we can be as we made our way through some weather on Thursday and part of Friday. Saturday was beautiful, though and the show went nicely. The weather for the drive home on Sunday was just gorgeous.

The speakers at the banquet were quite interesting and it was a great moment when the Ohio Cobra Club presented the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation with a check for $104,000. Over the years, the London Cobra Show has generated over $1.3 million for CF.

A lucky raffle winner got a stunning brand new Backdraft and next year's incredible raffle car was unveiled.

It was great to see a lot of old friends and to make new ones. If you haven't been to a London Cobra Show, it definitely belongs on your list of things to do.

Thanks to the Ohio Cobra Club and others who put in many long hours of work to make this show a huge success.

So what is next year’s raffle car?

sdonnel 06-28-2018 10:12 AM

From the description given at the show, it's a Factory Five Mark 4. It's being built by a group called FormaCars in Columbus. Coyote motor with traction control, heat, air conditioning, and even heated seats. I got a good look at the car and there is technology in there like no other replica you've seen. The team that built the car is over the top with quality and technology. It's Silver, with Black stripes and a nice subtle red strip right down the middle. A great car for a buckeye fan like myself. It's going to sell a ton of tickets and I'd imagine next years check might be the biggest yet.

Scott

CSX 4133 06-28-2018 11:13 AM

Pictures of the event would be greatly appreciated, I could see myself attending a future event.

Mark IV 06-28-2018 11:30 AM

Some pictures and story here: https://www.rcnmag.com/news/london-c...ampaign=180627

Timinator 06-28-2021 05:19 AM

I took a bunch of pictures but I had my new iPhone on some setting that made videos out of every picture I took and those won't upload as pictures.

Timinator 06-28-2021 05:21 AM

Here's a link to the run into London, OH https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkIR...nnel=RV12Pilot

Here's another https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1W5...nnel=dalepratt

These aren't mine.

Dwight 06-28-2021 08:24 AM

2021 London Cobra Show

Huge success

Everything was perfect!

Thanks to the Ohio Cobra Club members and the volunteers.

Thanks to the city of London, their Police dept. fire fighters, Sheriff's department and all the others that made this a special event.

this is the 17th or 18 LCS that I have attended out of the 20. This year was one of the best. Maybe my first time was better, maybe?

check out You Tube London Cobra Show 2021 or Ohio Cobra Club for pictures and videos. Oh yea Facebook has them also.

hope to see y'all next year

cadtdi 06-28-2021 05:20 PM

This was the first LCS that I have attended, my wife and I drove up from Memphis, TN.

yes, nine hour drive there and home again to look at dozens of cars that are 'the same' :). My wife is a trooper and a jewel. She is 'sort of' a car-girl (she loves a 69 Camaro). Not sure she gets the whole Cobra mystique but she does enjoy seeing how many miles some of these cars have on them.

Very cool seeing that many Cobras all in the same place!

I think the raffle car was a Hurricane, I hope the winner of the car enjoys it as much as I would!

If Forma is donating the car next year, wow! If the raffle car is their 'Signature' Cobra it will be something. Very modern interior, drive modes, push button start, etc. Their 'Classic' is the traditional Cobra.

I took two rides myself, first time in a Cobra. It was a thrill! I can only imagine what it is like to have that thrill every. damn. day. What a rush!

Steve Gallegos 06-28-2021 05:55 PM

For next year, how about putting out the info for the raffle ticket to the rest of us that can't attend the show? You could probably sell thousands more.

Sycraft 06-28-2021 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Gallegos (Post 1494317)
For next year, how about putting out the info for the raffle ticket to the rest of us that can't attend the show? You could probably sell thousands more.

I bought mine online....

Dwight 06-29-2021 06:40 PM

they do sell thousands of tickets online and at car shows all year long.

1ntCobra 06-30-2021 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Gallegos (Post 1494317)

I buy tickets every year. I just google London Cobra Show.

Here is a link to the raffle ticket page: https://www.londoncobrashow.com/tickets