Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Long Island Cobras (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/long-island-cobras/)
-   -   Anyone Driving? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/long-island-cobras/94757-anyone-driving.html)

Nickpz1 02-12-2009 06:53 PM

Anyone Driving?

1 Attachment(s)
Went out for a ride yesterday!
The temperature on Long Island was almost 60! - For February 12th it was darn nice. The car felt great - strong through the gears with the pipes singing. Just felt good to be alive!!! :)

wtm442 02-12-2009 07:08 PM

Yesterday was my 4th ride in Feb. Got up to 55F and the streets were 95% dry. I only spun the tires in 3rd gear once. Yahoo!

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...056_Small_.JPG

JAM1775 02-22-2009 04:42 PM

YUP !! I bundled up and went out yesterday for about 45 minutes.
My only regret was the ear warmers muffled the sound of the pipes !
Oh...the fingers were starting to go numb too. :D BRrrr...

redss454 03-06-2009 08:30 AM

Yes it was a nice day to put our big block in the cobra frame, so as we were finishing the install. we had to take out the chevelle and go through the gears a few times.looking towards this weekend it sould be a lot warmer. Jim

JCoop 04-15-2009 03:00 PM

I'm going out to watch the sun set in Sea Cliff. It's 60 out, and the Cobra's all shiney...

Tony Aprile 04-15-2009 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCoop (Post 940430)
I'm going out to watch the sun set in Sea Cliff. It's 60 out, and the Cobra's all shiney...

Thats strange...it felt like 45 on the south shore today!! This weekend should be nice driving weather.

86Sebring 04-15-2009 06:02 PM

Monday was great weather, slightly chilly, but drove about 200 miles, Bear mountain area, then green lake, some twisty backroads. Planning to go again tomorrow
It's good to be able to enjoy these days:)

JCoop 04-15-2009 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Aprile (Post 940456)
Thats strange...it felt like 45 on the south shore today!! This weekend should be nice driving weather.

It only lasted 15 minutes, Tony! But good enough to take her out...

bobbycobra 04-21-2009 09:28 AM

The forecast for this coming Saturday 4/25 is looking great, do we want to take a ride to Port Jeff for lunch? We could leave Nicks place around 10am.
Bobby

Nickpz1 04-21-2009 01:39 PM

I'm in see you at Nicks!

Bernica 04-21-2009 02:08 PM

Sorry to hear about all this cool weather. We have the opposite here in SoCal. 106 degrees yesterday and around 100 today. Unless you're going for a short drive, that can be brutal.

Nickpz1 04-21-2009 05:46 PM

That's a little too much fun in the sun - when we get into the 90 range with our high humidity its no fun at all.
In the upper 90's you can't even breath...
Driving under 60 is tough - need the breeze!

Tony Aprile 04-21-2009 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bernica (Post 942179)
Sorry to hear about all this cool weather. We have the opposite here in SoCal. 106 degrees yesterday and around 100 today. Unless you're going for a short drive, that can be brutal.

At 100 degrees mine stays in the garage.....Spring will show up eventually here on the east coast...but I don't know whats worse...roasting in a cobra at 100 or mid 40's with wind a chill in the 30's.

Im up for a ride this saturday...where are we parking in Port Jeff ??

bobbycobra 04-23-2009 08:04 AM

Tony, we can park in the back lot behind the Gap store as in years past?
Bobby