Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Lounge (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/lounge/)
-   -   Cobra Crushing @130 MPH (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/lounge/114046-cobra-crushing-130-mph.html)

bliss 01-19-2012 08:11 AM

Cobra Crushing @130 MPH

Cobra crushing......

What A 130-mph Car Crash Looks Like From The Inside

twobjshelbys 01-19-2012 08:22 AM

This might have already been posted here but I'm not going to try to find it again. But...

1. What kind of Cobra is it? It looks to me like Factory Five.

2. Why did this thing disintegrate so badly? The trunk flew open, doors are flying all over, pieces and parts are flying off everywhere.

3. What caused this failure and what can be done to prevent it from happening to others? Was this a botched assembly? Sorry, cars don't normally fail like this.

4. Did he have track insurance?

MacGyver 01-19-2012 10:44 AM

1. BDR, Bmw suspension.(Backdraft)
2.It's fiberglass
3.Either a rack end or control arm joint gave way. Still don't know for sure. Recommend nut and bolting before every run.
4.Track ins? Most insurance companies won't cover your car on a race track. Let me know if you know of one.

mreid 01-19-2012 10:47 AM

Geez, how many times is this going to be posted? It's getting as bad as that idiot woman who wrecked the red one...

FWB 01-19-2012 01:59 PM

why no arm restraints.......see how his arms went up to break his fall, its a reaction that is natural, when i go to the track, i always hook up the arm restraints.

twobjshelbys 01-19-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacGyver (Post 1171617)
4.Track ins? Most insurance companies won't cover your car on a race track. Let me know if you know of one.

I know of no regular insurance company that covers a vehicle under racing conditions. However, there are companies that sell per-event track insurance for events that qualify (they have to meet certain criteria for safety and qualifications of the drivers, e.g., harnesses, extinguishers, drivers have SCCA cards, etc.) It's expensive - 500 or more per event, but usually covers all sessions during a multi-day event. I had it but am on the road and don't have it handy. Maybe someone can post a link.

MacGyver 01-20-2012 07:55 AM

I'm pretty sure his arms went up due to centrifical force not on purpose. Thats why you should have arm straps in an open car on a track.

joyridin' 01-27-2012 05:26 AM

Here you go...make an offer for it on Ebag.

Replica/Kit Makes Replica/Kit Makes | eBay

Silverback51 01-27-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyridin' (Post 1172877)
Here you go...make an offer for it on Ebag.

Replica/Kit Makes Replica/Kit Makes | eBay

I'm confused.

What is there left to buy? :confused:

joyridin' 01-28-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverback51 (Post 1172927)
I'm confused.

What is there left to buy? :confused:

If you look at the top of the passenger side rear quarter panel, there is a 4x4 inch area that is still in good shape. Quite the deal for $200....LOL

This thing should be in the scrap heap.

Silverback51 01-28-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyridin' (Post 1173004)
If you look at the top of the passenger side rear quarter panel, there is a 4x4 inch area that is still in good shape. Quite the deal for $200....LOL

This thing should be in the scrap heap.

Guess I missed it.

RACERAL 02-05-2012 04:34 PM

Not a F5..........