S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.29 average. Display Modes
Old 11-30-2006, 07:54 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Warren,

I loved the White Trash Christmas. Almost didn't recognize Willie, Waylon, and the boys. Good link and I am going to send it to some friends.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 11-30-2006, 08:57 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

http://www.winzip-hq.com/
Old 11-30-2006, 09:11 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Warren,

Thanks for the link but I already have a copy of that on a disk. The problem with using 3rd party zip programs is the other party has to have them to in order to see the files. Also there is a problem between those zip programs and the zip folder program that comes in Windows XP. That is why I took it off the computer as I like the zip folder for sending stuff as most people have that.

Just got a call from my vet and things don't sound at all good for Sherry. Teddy he still isn't sure of, but he wants to keep them through the coming week end and then make a decision once he sees if Sherry responds to the medicine, but with all the things he found wrong, and her age, I really don't see much hope. Of course, a miracle could happen and I am praying for one, but I am also expecting to have to have her put to sleep. Sorry for all the crying, but I am pretty depressed at the moment.

Ron

Old 11-30-2006, 10:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley, Mopar thingy (small block of course)
Not Ranked     

We are moving to Wisconsin. I start a new job on Jan. 2nd.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:33 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Tru,

Better be nice to Brent. He will be designing computer networked snow blades for Cobras.

Ron

Old 11-30-2006, 12:44 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

I like your turtle being dual purpose.

It looks like it would make a great Speed Bump....then you could make soup out of it.
I would hope that it tasted better than it presently looks.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:18 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Not Ranked     
Wink

Brent - moving from Kali to Wisconsin? Wow. Now you will be right in line as the Mt Shasta Goddess sends her love to the right coast. Congratulations (or my condolences) on your new job. Job? What is a job? Oh yea, that was something that wasted most of the day during pre-retirement.

This is what you have to look forward to in Wisconsin. I know that snow is fast approaching when all the leaves fall off my Japanese maple overnight .... weird, huh?

Ron - keep a stiff upper lip. They have been best of buddies for a long time ... and a lot of fun. But they are replaceable to a certain extent. Of course, you could always upgrade to a turtle. Please, please do not go over to the dark side and get a frog. Who wants a pet that only says "CROAK". They are just asking to be cooked and eaten.

Went for a nice 2 hour ride. It was 68 ºF but cloudy. It was the coolest and clammiest 68 ºF that I can remember ... but the streets were dry, the gas tank was full, and my right foot still works.

Went down to one of the local marinas. They are still busy pulling boats and winterizing them.

Last edited by wtm442; 11-30-2006 at 01:21 PM..
Old 11-30-2006, 01:19 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

OH, OH, Turtle versus Frog Fight.

Ron

Old 11-30-2006, 01:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I was born and raised in Wisconsin so I know well what I am getting into. Jenny seems prepared, but growing up in the desert there will be some adjustment, but she will do fine. We will need to get some appropriate cold weather clothes though.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:45 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Warren,

Nice pictures and from the looks of your tree, you may have some Winter weather soon. It is just down right cold here and hasn't been above 52 for the past week.
As for the dogs, I am to old to go through this again. If she has to be put to sleep next week, I am going to really be a mess for a while. But I doubt if anyone would notice any difference in me anyway.

Ron

Old 11-30-2006, 02:42 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Good lord, I just left you all not more than a few hours ago, that's some real posting you all have done.

Dang Warren, what did you do to that tree? Isn't it a bit cold outside to running around in the cobra? Here's a hint, all them boats are sealed up for the winter.

Brent, best of luck in the move. What do you do?
Old 11-30-2006, 02:45 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Brent, they didn't kick you out of California because you put a Mopar in a Cobra...did they?
Old 11-30-2006, 02:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Right now I do all the LAN administration, WAN administration, Web and FTP server administration, technical support for our product and programming for our product as well as programming for our web site. Essentially I am the IT department and web development crew and help desk.

The job I am going to I will do programming for their web site and some technical support for customers that have ads on the website.

They almost kicked me out for putting a Mopar in, stupid Automotive Bureau people. The second time I was there I still had a temp drivers license and they wouldn't accept a personal check because of it. So I had it smogged for free. Turns out it is smog exempt, but I didn't know it at the time.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:03 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I found the ultimate utensils for eating frog legs.

http://www.wrenchwareinc.com/
Old 11-30-2006, 05:54 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

This should help you out with the just end of your turtle.

Prior to killing and cleaning a turtle it is a good idea to keep it in a tub of clean water for a period of time. Change the water every few days until it remains relatively clear. This usually takes one to two weeks. We suggest being somewhat selective about where you obtain turtles. Although they often live in sewage lagoons and other sites with low dissolved oxygen, those used for eating should come from clean ponds and streams (unlike Warren's).

Cleaning a turtle is actually easier than you might suspect. Cut the turtle's head off and hang the turtle upside down overnight to eliminate the blood. The next day nail or otherwise fasten the upside down turtle's tail to a stump so that most of the shell hangs off the stump but is parallel to the stump surface. (Pictures for the Chat Thread would be nice.)

Cut and remove the plastron or bottom shell and then cut away each leg and the neck from the carapace or shell. Turtle fat is yellow and should be removed from the meat. Turtle meat is best if cooked immediately, but it seems to keep well if frozen in water.

Another way to clean a turtle in preparation for cooking is to parboil it first. Dick Stauffer, Conservationist art director, says about five minutes of parboiling the turtle, after killing it, makes a much easier job of cleaning Warren's ugly beast. You cut away the plastron, remove the entrails and then fillet the meat, including the legs and tail, away from the top shell. The skin, Stauffer says, should peel off easily after parboiling. The meat, after rinsing and cleaning in water, is ready for whatever recipe you prefer.

Turtles can be prepared in a variety of ways, much the same as squirrels or rabbits. The best results are obtained by parboiling the meat until it can be easily removed from the bone. Try stir frying the meat with bacon in a very hot skillet or adding it to a stew or gumbo.
Or save that poor excuse for a shell and have her on the half shell.

Turtle meat can be delicious if the turtles are cleaned properly, the meat tenderized and prepared with a good recipe.
Don't let her looks deceive you.She will taste better than she looks.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:22 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

wow, Brent. good luck! think i was in Wisconsin once. About 4 years old.

i knew you were from there, just didn't realize ya'll were heading back right now.

it will be a big adjustment for Jenny. bigger than i think you realize. be patient, be flexible.

Emily will do just fine....

at least you don't have to deal with the neighbors with falling walls. where will ya'll be living?? with family til you find a place??? isn't WI somewhere near MI??? can you and Tru be buddies??? (i know, kind of like me being buddies with somebody from Okie!!! )

gotta go.....
kristen
Old 11-30-2006, 07:29 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Wink

Fried Frog Legs with Creamy Onion-Mushroom Gravy

"The delicate flavor of frog legs, enhanced with savory spices and sauteed until crispy, then served with a delicious, creamy onion gravy. Mouth wateringly delicious! The gravy can be served over rice or potatoes, or you can put the frog legs back into it to serve them smothered in gravy."
Original recipe yield: 4 servings

PREP TIME 1 Hr
COOK TIME 30 Min
READY IN 1 Hr 30 Min
US METRIC

INGREDIENTS
4 or 5 doobies
1 1/2 pounds meaty frog legs - no wooden frogs with bongos
1 cup milk
1 eggs, lightly beaten, divided
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons butter
1 small onion, diced
5 large mushrooms, diced
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
1 cup evaporated milk
1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS
Rinse frog legs and pat dry. Separate the legs at the joint if desired.

Smoke a joint. Set aside. In a medium bowl, mix together 1 cup milk, half of the beaten egg (about 1 tablespoon), garlic powder, and onion powder. Place the frog legs into the mixture, cover and refrigerate for about one hour, stirring occasionally.

Smoke another joint.

In a large bowl, stir together 1 cup flour, bread crumbs, cornmeal, baking powder, 2 teaspoons salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, cayenne, paprika, oregano, thyme, cumin and parsley. Mix well and set aside.

Smoke another joint.

Heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet or electric skillet set to medium heat. For an electric skillet, set to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Dip each frog leg portion into the flour and spice mixture, packing on as much of the dry mixture as you can. Place the coated frog legs into the pan so they are close but not touching. Cook for about 15 minutes, until browned and crispy, turning often to prevent burning. Take care, they will become more fragile as they cook. Remove from pan, and place on paper towels to drain.
Add the chopped onion and mushrooms to the skillet, and sprinkle them with chicken bouillon. Cook, stirring frequently until onions and vegetables are soft. Sprinkle the last 2 tablespoons of flour into the skillet, and stir to blend in. Cook, stirring constantly until the flour is browned. Mix together the remaining 1 cup milk, evaporated milk, and the other half of the beaten egg. Gradually mix into the skillet. Whisk or stir constantly until the gravy is thick and bubbly. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the frog legs, and serve them smothered with gravy.

NUTRITION INFORMATION
Servings Per Recipe: 4

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 795

Total Fat: 46.2g
Cholesterol: 174mg
Sodium: 1693mg
Total Carbs: 52.8g
Dietary Fiber: 2.8g
Protein: 41.8g

After removing splinters from your lips, throw up. Then smoke another joint.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:01 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

you boys are too much!!!
Old 12-01-2006, 05:14 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Turtle is okay. Around here it is made into soup most of the time. Snappers are select as they will remove a finger if you are not careful.

So, you get the bugger to snap at a stick and then pull enough to get the head out to remove it. Then you hang it for a day. Drive a nail through the tail and hang it from the tail then separate the shells. The rest is messy, but not as bad a doing it on a table.

I wrote a good thread for All Cobra, check it out.

Old 12-01-2006, 05:24 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I told you the great Turtle and Frog Fight was on. Now Fred and Warren will spend countless hours pouring over cook books to find how to prepare them the best way.
Tru, when I lived in upstate New York we caught the snappers the way you do. I got on once that was so big he pulled me off the rock and into the water. Who says you can't run on water. He was MAD!!

Ron