S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.29 average. Display Modes
Old 12-13-2006, 05:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

It is 5 PM and I just finished burying Sherry. I had to have her put to sleep this morning as her Pancreas was not getting better and then she had kidney problems that suddenly showed up and they were going to shut down. My vet brought her home and put her in the casket and he and his son did most of the work burying her. I am a total wreck and my doctor wants me in first thing in the morning. His statement was if I break now I won't come back ever. Ken brought Teddy to see me and I wish he hadn't as he still has the stitches and collar on. He just cried in the cage and linked my fingers and wanted me to take him, but I have to have some time alone for now. And I had rather have him up there until next week when they remove the stitches so they can watch him for a day or so in case anything slips. Another night of no sleep as I paced the floor all night last night trying to make the decision. I think the kidneys starting to shut down helped me with the decision, but I am not is shape for anything but to bury right now. But she looked so peaceful and nice in her casket that I felt for the first time in years she wasn't hurting somewhere. Sorry for the long ramble, but to tell the truth I am so doped up I am not even sure what I am saying. Not asking for sympathy, just trying to keep from crying like a 12 year old in a candy store. But I had 14 1/2 years with her and she got me through losing Tasha, so I am sure that she and Tasha are really enjoying each others company now.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 12-13-2006, 06:10 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Ron, I am sorry you have to do that, I am sure it was not easy.

Now, if it had been a turtle or frog, well.........
Old 12-13-2006, 06:13 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Ron,
I'm am so sorry to hear of Sherry passing.

I wish there was something I could do to help with the terrible pain you are going through.

Ron,my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:24 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

ah. so sorry, Ron. Dottie's kidney's shut down, last Friday during the night, as well. She just couldn't survive the medicine. Sammie was 14 1/2. Dottie, around 10 or so. Not sure.
Interesting story here. #4 had a birthday party last Saturday, at 1. I had her and a friend in the car, leaving a fast food restaurant, and as i pulled out of the parking lot, i turned my head to the right, really quickly. Almost like it was pulled that way.... Anyway, right next to the restaurant is a Petco. Yup, a lady was putting dogs out for adoption. All in cages, about 6 already lined up. I saw one cage, and man, did i do a double take..... Curled up in the cage, was a 'little Dottie'. I went to the end of the block, turned around and went to the Petco parking lot. Wouldn't let the girls get out of the car. I walked up and talked to the lady in charge. She asked if i wanted to see the dog, and of course i said no.... She immediately got her out. Her name is Sparkle, 4 month old female. Beagle head.... Blue Heeler body. I didn't get her..... Called David and said 'i just saw a precious puppy.....' well eventually, after about 4 phone calls, he decided i really DID want this dog, so he went down to the store and 'adopted' her. #2 secretly called me to tell me Daddy was signing the papers.
I was beside myself with grief that Dottie wasn't even BURIED yet, and i loved this new dog!! I feel like it was a tribute to how good Dottie (and Sammie) had been.
Those two dogs were like children, in a way.
So, now we have Sparkle. Any time she 'goes' outside, is one less time in the house. As i clean up another TT, i think, "what was I thinking!!!???" But, i know we'll get thru this training season....
She follows me around like a shadow... in the kitchen? she's on the rug in front of the sink. In the office? She's here on KC's (the chihuahua's!!) nap mat. My room? On her fluffy new bed, inches from me....
Yes, KC get's to sleep with us, and Sparkle is on her bed, but I can't believe i got a new dog, the NEXT DAY after Dottie passed. Very out of character. I miss Dottie- what a great dog; but i think Sparkle called to me- very providential, I think.
I know you won't get another dog- that's not the point of my story- but do know that most of us have gone thru the hugely sad and terribly upsetting ordeal of losing a dog. (or pet)
My heart goes out for you. Dear Sherry. Just know she is out of her pain, and give Teddy double the love, time, devotion.

Prayers for you.

fondly,
Kristen

ps. can you post a picture of Sherry and Teddy?
Old 12-14-2006, 05:35 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Tru, Fred, & Kristen,

Thank you so much for your thoughts. As you all know, it is a very hard thing to do to have to have a pet put to sleep, but I just could not let him keep her alive another week or so on medication as she grew worse. And odd thing happened. when he brought her in the house and I put her in her casket she looked so peaceful and comfortable that for a minute I was just almost stunned. I think seeing that look of peace and ease on her helped me more than anything could have. But just as with Tasha, I will never quit missing her.

Kristen,

I am really happy that you found another dog so sweet. When you have chance post a picture so we can all enjoy seeing her.

Thank you all.

Ron

Old 12-14-2006, 06:01 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ron, you know you can give me a call...if you need or want to.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:31 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

KC (the 2 1/2 yo chihuahua)
and Sparkle, the 4 month old Blue Heeler/?? Mix.

Old 12-14-2006, 07:20 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Tru,

Thanks. I had your mailing address and phone number but that page has came out of the loose leaf note book and I can't find it anywhere. In fact just looking I am going to have to do several pages over as I never put the re-enforcement rings around the holes and over the years opening and closing the book has caused a couple of pages to just barely be hanging in there. Could you e-mail or PM me your address and phone number again please?

Thanks,

Ron

Old 12-14-2006, 07:21 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Kristen,

Those are really nice looking dogs. How did you get them to pose under the Christmas tree?

Ron

Old 12-14-2006, 08:03 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

you mean 'how did you get them to pose under the UNDECORATED tree?'
ugh. girls did finally get it decorated last night. sort of. pretty uneven- not many at the top, but it looks fine.
gotta go! we are on a shopping mission!
k
Old 12-14-2006, 10:07 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yup, that's a good question, how did you get those two to sit quietly as you snapped that shot?
Old 12-14-2006, 10:29 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     
Arrow

Ron & Kristen

My condolences on your loss. The love of a dog is always missed.

On a brighter note, the ground has dried from yesterdays rain ....
the sun is out brightly ....
my camera's batteries are charged ....
there is gas in the Cobra ....
its almost 60 ºF outside ....

I'm going for a ride. Vrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooommmmmmmmm
Old 12-14-2006, 10:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

KC is a ham, and will pose anywhere for a pic. Sparkle is still a bit stunned and has been "under foot" where ever people are. I saw her sleeping at that spot, so she probably just got up when K took that picture. KC is now "Big" brother to "little" girl. She already is bigger, and will just get bigger. But you know he will always be "big" brother to her. She is really sweet.

Trey
Old 12-14-2006, 10:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley, Mopar thingy (small block of course)
Not Ranked     

(edit: see below)

Last edited by flipper35; 12-14-2006 at 10:57 AM..
Old 12-14-2006, 10:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

OK, I made a post and now it's gone. Bummer.

Ron, sorry to hear of your loss. Hope Teddy will be home soon.

Tru, the good thing about turtles is that they come with their own bowl.

Here is our lab Theresa with Emily. They are about the same age, and act like it.

And T after having a football sized tumor removed.

Old 12-14-2006, 12:18 PM
Ouch Ouch Hot Sand
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Street Beasts w/302 Twin Turbocharged....Under Construction!!
Send a message via AIM to EarlsflyinCobra
Not Ranked     

Ron and Kristen

Sorry to hear abou your losses.....we had to have our shepard, just a little over a year old, put down last year....it was heart breaking for us and at such a young age.....suxsssssssssssssssss...

On a happier note I have attached a pic of Madisyn's 1st Birthday party.....
Attached Images

Old 12-14-2006, 01:59 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

I don't have a picture of a dog.....

but I do have a picture of a bongo playing,ex-french kissing FROG.

Old 12-14-2006, 02:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

You need to repaint those drums.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:45 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Those are BONGOs.

Old 12-14-2006, 06:43 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     
Wink

Nuttin better than a nice dry day in the 60's with bright sunshine.

I always liked that tree, so I took another photo today. I was looking for our new governors house (Deval Patrick) ... about 1/2 mile from the tree. As I rode past his house, a woman and two kids were about to get into a Cadillac and they waived me into their driveway. They live right next door to the governor. The lady was a hot $hit. She wanted to know when the bow was going on the Cobra for her Xmas present. I had my Santa hat on and she gave me a hug. I asked if she had been naughty or nice during the year ... she said "very naughty". The look on the two teenage kids (14-16 years old) was unbelievable. I think they wanted to slink into the Caddy. Nothing like a hot $hit mama to embarrass the kids.

She did not have anything juicy about her neighbor. I backed out of the driveway, and left a small patch ... and I could hear in the background ... "See ya in a couple of weeks Santa".

Trying to get a photo of the gov's house and the Cobra would have been a waste. House is about 150 feet off the street with tons of trees in the front yard.