June 2024
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.29 average. Display Modes
Old 12-27-2006, 12:15 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61

One guy posted and wanted to know what a monitor was and what it did. I thought he was just fooling around but he was serious. He actually didn't know that the screen he was reading that on was his monitor. Must be some relation of mine.

Ron

If he was talking turtle, he would know that a monitor is a LIZARD
Old 12-27-2006, 12:30 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile

Actually at first since he was obviously logged on the net, I thought he was talking about some site and meant Moderator. It took several posts back and forth to determine that he really meant monitor. And he had a friend hook the computer up and get it going, so he really was not sure as he had seen something about setting your monitor.

Don't Lizards eat Turtles???

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 12-27-2006, 02:04 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Not Ranked     
Question

Nope .. its the other way around. Turtles eat lizards that eat frogs!

Oh my! 1999 posts, marked down from 2000. Do you get anything for your 2000th post on CC?

Only got up to 37 ºF today, but tomorrow supposed to be 48 ºF and mostly sunny. I may have to go for a ride.

Traced my headlight problem to the switch on the steering column. Have not done too much night-time driving in this cold weather, so no big deal.

Does anyone have any part numbers for the turn signal/headlight switch in an SPF?
Old 12-28-2006, 04:33 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Warren,

Glad that you found what your headlight problem is. It was 48 and a hard cold wind blew all day yesterday here. I heard a few trees fell where it was wet but don't know if that is a fact. I do know that going to the car felt like I was walking across a glacier with the wind blowing. As fat as I am, you would think it would insulate me from the cold. I am afraid we aren't going to have the usual mid Winter week or so of nice weather this year as so far we are way below on rain, but way ahead on cold, ice, and wind.

Oh yea, for your 2,000th post we will donate 2,500 of Ernie's posts to your total.

Ron

Old 12-28-2006, 01:40 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

There goes the neighborhood.

Old 12-28-2006, 01:42 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Exclamation

Happy 2000 to me!

Old 12-28-2006, 01:45 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I drove the Cobra today.

Warren, look at the time of your post...4:42.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:06 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Not bad ... since my other car is a 442

You went for a ride today???? I'm jealous. All I've done today is pay bills, and more bills. Just taking a break now.

Kristen
Three comments about you prize winning calendar.
1) Why is Pepe wearing his/her pants around his/her ankles.
2) Is Pepe really that strong? It looks like he/she is lifting the back of the Cobra up by the roll bar, so the rear tires are almost off the ground.
3) I need new reading glasses
Old 12-28-2006, 03:16 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I've taken a ride in Pepe and the 427 does make enough HP. I think HLC did 12s in the quarter her past time at bat, so, YES, Pepe is that strong.

Yep, drove from the barn to the garage. The plugs are fouled from all that idling. I had to move it to do brakes on the Jeep with my oldest son ( there is an element of fun in working with my sons ).

From the looks of that there suit of yours, I'd say you were down at the mall pan-handling for The Salvation Army. You a helper or something like that??
Old 12-28-2006, 03:25 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by trularin
I'd say you were down at the mall pan-handling for The Salvation Army. You a helper or something like that??
I pan-handle for good lookin' women

Well, actually ... any women who like Santa. Lost my beard.

Although, I could probably pick up a couple of hundred $$ a day. Just put out a colorful pail, and ring a bell.

Please donate to the Cobra Fund for little Wanderers.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:37 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

Pepe le Pew is a BOY, he is wearing a 'boy version' of a pink thong!!! He has an extra long torso and short legs, so obviously his thong fits a little differently..... Can't wait to check out Penelope!!

Pepe le blew is also a boy, and his 427 is plenty strong. In fact, I'd put up my 'pinks' against you anytime!!! Run n Gun, 07. You in or chicken, i mean turtle????

yup, 12's in the quarter... (high twelve's, but twelve's none the less!)

hey, you guys can't tell time any better than you can spell! Warren posted his landmark 2000th post at 3:42. geesh!

Started the car for my brother in law, his daughter and her boyfriend this morning. I was still in my slipper's, and he didn't start on the first turn. He did run fine once he got thru the first couple of minutes. The boyfriend was pretty impressed. They were in a hurry, i was too, so nobody got a ride today.
next time....
Had a nice yearly visit with my sorority sisters today. Poor waiter has 5 cheap women sit at his table for 3 long hours!! hehehe. We left a relatively good tip, more or less.

gotta go! Fixing spaghetti, caesar salad, garlic bread and brownies!

dinner, anyone???
k
Old 12-28-2006, 03:54 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Red face

See my excellent comments in red below

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey,littlecobra
Pepe le Pew is a BOY, he is wearing a 'boy version' of a pink thong!!! He has an extra long torso and short legs, so obviously his thong fits a little differently..... Can't wait to check out Penelope!!

Oh no, not another one

Pepe le blew is also a boy, and his 427 is plenty strong. In fact, I'd put up my 'pinks' against you anytime!!! Run n Gun, 07. You in or chicken, i mean turtle????

Yup, I'm turtle. My measly old 351 that runs on 89 octane gas against your 427??? Not a fair race, even if I've never had it on a race track of any kind

yup, 12's in the quarter... (high twelve's, but twelve's none the less!)

Thats sounds tempting. My 442 ran low 13's and the Cobra would blow it into the weeds.

hey, you guys can't tell time any better than you can spell! Warren posted his landmark 2000th post at 3:42. geesh!

Please check your clock. The post in that thread says 4:42. Or maybe you need new glasses. I hope you are not dyslexic. Of course, maybe both Tru and I are pulling a joke on you ... the time of this post should be about 6:54

gotta go! Fixing spaghetti, caesar salad, garlic bread and brownies!

Waiting for my chicken pie, with potatoes and peas. Will be ready about 7:30 so just wastin' some time online

dinner, anyone??? Naaaaa. I had pasta with sausage last night.
k
Old 12-28-2006, 04:04 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtm442
I pan-handle for good lookin' women

Well, actually ... any women who like Santa. Lost my beard.

Although, I could probably pick up a couple of hundred $$ a day. Just put out a colorful pail, and ring a bell.

Please donate to the Cobra Fund for little Wanderers.
Saw a guy the other day wearing a Red Suit in a parking lot standing next to a pimped out Hummer.
A bet he said Ho,Ho,Ho more than a few times and made a lot more than a couple of hundred that day.

Seems like there where a few women around him too.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:17 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: R.U.C.C. with a 427FE, toploader
Not Ranked     

Kristen,
Thanks for the calendar, But if Pepe was that close to your Pepe I don't know if I ever want a ride in your Pepe
We had some nasty wind here last night, power was out for more then 12 hours, "had" a Costco tent to park my truck in....but it was on my neighbor roof this morning and it was bolted to concrete
Old 12-28-2006, 06:54 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

your welcome, Mike. I'm thinking everybody has it by now??? I'll post the picture, maybe tomorrow.
bummer about all ya'll's wind. We've had a lot, too.

Warren. I am in CENTRAL TIME ZONE; your post was at 5:54, my time!! haha. gotcha!!
chicken pie, yum!
Penelope arrived today.... my kids and I are 'stylizing' her look. May have to put something together, now; can't wait til a 2008 calendar! we could all be dead by then!

In fact, this is almost a sickness; I've got all kinds of ideas floating around in my head. I might just be the next calendar queen!

gotta go.

K

spaghetti was good....
Old 12-29-2006, 04:20 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Mike,

We have had hard and very cold wind for the last three days and nights. People are starting to have their roofs blown off. This is ridiculous. It is like walking out onto a glacier in a wind storm. The cold I can take, but the wind I have never liked as it really gets on my nerves bad. Hope that your wind goes away soon.

Ron

Old 12-29-2006, 05:30 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: R.U.C.C. with a 427FE, toploader
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61

but the wind I have never liked as it really gets on my nerves bad. Hope that your wind goes away soon.

Ron
I never had much use for the wind
Old 12-29-2006, 05:46 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Warren,

I see that you have changed avatars again. That cat wouldn't be shooting at Fred's Frog would he?

Ron

Old 12-29-2006, 11:48 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

That must have been a big wind to blow the car cover over on your neighbors house...Warren? How long were you near Mikes??

Well, lets see. Did brakes on the Jeep, $75.00. Fixed two tires with holes in them, $5.50 and now I am about to stoke a fire. I am beat.

Got a hockey game today, should be good.

Old 12-29-2006, 03:01 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

We are having a little weather here in Texas right now too.

It is a 300 x 200 mile area, 60,000 sq. miles....
Tornado warning/watches.