S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31      

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.29 average. Display Modes
Old 04-07-2006, 05:46 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Talking

Tru,

If you would like I will send you a dozen Gophers to work with your chip monks. My wholeupper lot is undermined with their darn tunnels and it is almost impossible to walk up there without having one of the tunnels collapse and causing you to stumble. I have used gas bombs for the past few years and killed a lot of them but they multiply like rabbits. Next comes dynamite.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 04-07-2006, 05:52 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Ron,
Do you have any extra water flowing by ? Maybe you could use it to flood them out.Then have a little target practice.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:44 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

How about a .22 and a little time on your hands?
Old 04-07-2006, 07:44 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Unhappy

Fred,

These dam things are un-floodable. ( New Word ), in case Kristen reads this. I know a guy that decided to get rid of his with his garden hose. He ran it all day and never got rid of any of them. They have so many tunnels the only thing that will work is the gas bombs. City refused me a permit for a 100 pound aircraft bomb. There are so many of them around here even the cats won't look at them.

Tru,

The only people that can get away with shooting inside the city limits is the dopers. They just get a warning. Any law abiding person gets arrested.

Ron

Old 04-08-2006, 06:08 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Holy cow, it's 30 outside.

Winter hasn't left yet.
Old 04-08-2006, 06:27 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Exclamation

Darn,

What a shock. I got up and it is raining this morning. Temperature is in the 40s. Forecast is rain for the next five days. I live in a rain forrest.

Ron

Old 04-08-2006, 07:06 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

If you live in a rain forest, i live in a wind tunnel.

9 am. I just rolled out of bed!
how nice!
My day doesn't get 'busy' til lunch time.

had scrapbookers here til 1 or so.

#2 son made it to the 'final's for the TAPPS (Texas Assoc. of Private/Parochial Schools) competition he is in this weekend in Abilene.
Finals 'were' this morning at 8. I don't know what time it's all done, but he arrives back from ACU around 5.
Old 04-08-2006, 07:38 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Kristen,

Congratulations to # 2 son. I was watching the IROC race at Texas Motor Speedway last night and they had to bring their camera men down off the roof and use the remote cameras, so I knew the wind was really blowing. I am tired of rain, but I don't like wind at all.

Ron

Old 04-08-2006, 07:38 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Okay, what happened to the #2 son????

I mean are we looking for a movie at 11:00 or something???
Old 04-08-2006, 07:44 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

5th last year as a 6th grader; 3rd (on a technicality!) as a 7th grader. Pretty good, I'd say!
He says he got second, but went 10 seconds too long on his presentation, so got dropped a place as a penalty. Oh well, I'm proud of him anyway.

I am worn out. Going to bed.
seeya
Old 04-09-2006, 05:52 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

I want to add my CONGRADULATIONS too !
Old 04-10-2006, 10:21 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Cool

Fred,

In case you were wondering it is still raining here like there is no tomorrow. The highway over to the coast was closed today because of slides. The big car show this weekend suffered badly with the smallest turn out almost since it started in 1990. And Redding is trying to figure out what to do with their gardens they have over by the $10 million dollar glass bridge that you walk across the river on as the plants are all dying because of to much water. This is getting ridiculous.

Ron

Old 04-10-2006, 12:02 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Congrats to #2 son!

I think this may be the week. It is going to be 70 someday ( I do not which day ).

Spring cleaning is on the list!!!
Old 04-10-2006, 12:16 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Thumbs down

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!

I don't want to hear about Spring or 75 degree nice days. It will snow there when you are supposed to have Spring. We on the other hand will have no Spring. If it ever stops raining it will go straight to the 115+ Summer heat and the fire season is going to be really bad.

Ron

Old 04-10-2006, 12:40 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     
Talking Anti-Rain Dance from Squantum

Ron61 - hope you and your computer are feeling better.

I just got back from a dentist appt. Brought the Cobra and took the dentist for a ride. He skipped lunch and we went for a nice one hour drive. Maybe its time for you to turn the Comet into an ark?

Here is a sunshine wish for you! (note the nice flowers). The flowers I planted out front of the house are doing well, along with all of the bulbs I planted last fall.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:50 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile

Warren,

Laugh while you can. Some day this rain has to end. But then it will be to hot to do anything but stay inside out of the sun. Great picture. I had forgotten what blue sky looks like. The dentist should have given you a big break on his bill for the ride. I have to go next month for my regular 6 month check and you can bet it will cost at least $250 dollars as he will always find something that needs to be fixed. And just the cleaning alone here is $75 dollars.
I like the background and the way the Cobra stands out. Now if you were here you would have the doors open to let the water run out.

Ron

Old 04-10-2006, 02:21 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ron,
I have been following your weather.It is truely unbelievable how much and for how long you have been in rain.
I think you are holding up better than I would be.ONE (1) day of clouds/rain is fine.After that I am looking real hard for sunshine.

On the bright side,all this rain has to be great for your cash crop,once the sun comes back.
Do you sell it by the pound or the bushel ?
Old 04-10-2006, 02:51 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Wink

Fred,

Even the marijuna growers that don't have the elobrate underground gardens are crying as their crops in the mountains are not growing due to so much water and snow. Plus most of the old mine roads are now impassable due to slides and cave ins. And it just went from a hard rain to a downpour about 5 minutes ago and is just now back to a steady rain. If I had wanted to live in continual rain, I would have taken a job in Seattle when I got out of the service and was offered one. This year has just been beyond anything on record and just keeps on. I started my car for the first time in 5 months last weekend and the whole neighborhood ran out to see what had blown up. Normally we have a lot of really nice days during our Winters and I can go out driving. Now I am going to have to hire a commercial lawn outfit to do my first mowing as no way will my lawnmowers cut this tangle of weeds and grass when the sun comes out. And then I have to have the driveway replaced because of the water coming up under it and busting the asphalt all to pieces and actually washing chunks out and down the street. Now it matches the pot holes in our streets.

Ron

Old 04-10-2006, 04:22 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm not worried about the dopers losing their crops.

Just about your crop.The thistle you have cornered the market with.
Old 04-10-2006, 04:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Ron, I think I heard on the news that NorCal is 394% ABOVE normal for rain for the season!!! Time to tap that well and sell the "pure spring water" to the yuppies down in Marin!!! lol !!!