S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.29 average. Display Modes
Old 04-22-2006, 03:01 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

"Gus" is doing great! Made a 'big appearance' at my kids' school a couple of weeks ago.... my youngest had a transportation unit, and since I'm her 'room mom', I was in charge of the: obstacle driving course, craft, snack, etc. Obviously, she 'had' to make her car a Mustang! Definitely not the Cobra.
Notice her girl friend made hers a 'girlie' car. But not my girl.

The next picture is of her whole class and teacher- all 12 + 1 made it!

The girls in particular enjoy cruising around in it. Almost put him in a show today, but decided to have fun going around the jubilee with the kids, rather than 'babysit' the car the whole afternoon. Maybe next time. (entered the cobra last year, but it's put on by 'Gasoline Alley', and they aren't too fond of replica's)
Had a nice drive with a friend from high school a couple of weeks ago, too. The car is running fine, looks good, and has a happy home right here in Big D. Thanks for asking!
Kristen

ps. haven't seen you post here on CC in ages. Glad to see you back. Did you ever sell the cobra???

Last edited by hey,littlecobra; 04-22-2006 at 03:05 PM..
Old 04-22-2006, 03:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique, S.A. 427 center oiler
Not Ranked     

Kristen, glad you are enjoying the car! I spend most of my internet time over on Gasholes, but I do check in here from time to time. Sell my car? That was never in the cards, I love my Cobra. I'm in the final stages of putting my Austin Healey back together, it will be for sale when it is finished. I'm running out of room in the toy house. Thanks for posting the pictures.
Old 04-22-2006, 03:44 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

ah, glad you still have the cobra. I was thinking you had somebody interested. Must have been something or somebody else! Sorry!

Your toy house has a nice collection. I need a 4-5 car garage. Not two.

yes, I 'visit' (lurk, I guess) at gasholes occasionally. Not really my cup of tea. CC is fine. Bit more refined!

Hope you're enjoying the spring and getting out to drive. We have beautiful weather right now.

Stop in and chat anytime.
Old 04-22-2006, 11:39 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR 427 S/C, 351W, 5 Sp & KMP142 - 427 SO, 4 Spd
Not Ranked     

Ron,

Glad to hear you finally had some good weather and was able to do some
cruising. Hopefully the bad stuff moving in won't last long.
I had a great run to the North Shore today, made 9 skydives by 1:30 and missed the rain on H-3 going over the hill to home. It was like a small channel of blue skies and clouds where everywhere else was grey and raining. I guess one can get lucky once in a while.
Spent the rest of the day moving furniture but it looks better now so what
the heck. Gotta keep momma happy!
Old 04-23-2006, 04:40 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Flip,

We have some more bad weather coming according to the forecast, but I think the worst is over. After all spring will soon be gone and then we can jump right into the 115+ Summer temperatures. I need to do a lot of mowing but am so far behind and trying to round up enough to pay for having the new driveway put in when it dries out enough that I just am not in the mood to mow. I need a couple of goats for a day or so for that upper lot.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 04-23-2006, 05:12 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Yep,that's what you need.A goat or two.1 might be enough though.I bet they would look at your thistle like I do chocolate cake.

Then you can have a BBQ.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:50 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

An overcast cool day this sunday.

Cut a few trees and slept. For some strange reason, I fell asleep mid day and knocked off two hours studying the back of my eyelids.

Great pics there Kristen, the kids all look to be happy to be in the mustang.

Old 04-23-2006, 11:53 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile

Very nice here today and everyone in the neighborhood but me is out mowing their lawns. I should do mine but I finally decided to get some electrical wiring done in the garage that I have put off for 3 years. Now that is out of the way.

Kristen,

Very nice pictures and the Mustang looks great. Especially with all of the girls in it.

Ron

Old 04-23-2006, 01:43 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Cool

Back. Tired and hot. I have been out using the weed eater and am to tired to start mowing now. I also hate these so called spill proof gas cans which we have to buy now. They are spill proof all right, as you can't get anything out of them. I finally got mad and took some pliers and tore the dam valve out and looked at it and it was plastic and was stuck to the side so it could not be opened. That was a factory mess as I just got the can new last year and had never used it. I am really glad that I still have two of my old real gas cans. I take them to get gas and then mix it for the weed eater in this plastic POS. But at least now I can pour gas out of it, but it sure isn't spill proof any more.

Ron

Old 04-24-2006, 06:18 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Don't hold back Ron, let us know how you feel about that plastic valve.

Chilly today, I think I'm going to have to move a load of wood later, hmmmmm...could be later this week.

The older son is coming home!!
Old 04-24-2006, 08:16 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Unhappy

Rained some last night and is very dark and overcast now. It was supposed to be sunny today with rain tomorrow. I had planned to mow the lawns but the grass is way to wet now. So I guess I will just wait and see what it does later in the day.

Ron

Old 04-25-2006, 11:58 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I hear there is a snow storm in the Dakodas.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:53 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

unbelievably, it is quite 'cool' here. in the 60's*, and I have on a jacket!!!

cloudy and of course windy. tut tut, it looks like rain; tut tut it looks like rain......

Old 04-25-2006, 04:09 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Kristen,

Your weather is as weird as ours. It was supposed to have rained today and instead it is around 76 and very humid and hot. I should have mowed but I think I may have overdid it yesterday with all of the outside stuff and I have just felt lousy today.

Ron

Old 04-28-2006, 06:04 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

3 days nobody posting on this thread??? hmmmm.

Guess everybody is pretty busy this time of year.
Took the cobra out for a little drive with youngest cobra girl yesterday. Went to fire up the Mustang for a little outing on Wednesday, oops, battery died. Need to go pop the charger on it. If I don't start it up every week or so, then that's what happens. uh oh. Supposed to be a deluge of rain this weekend. Looking pretty cloudy right now.
David and littlest girl have an Indian Princess campout this weekend. I have a scrapbook day all day tomorrow. 9-9. #2 boy is doing 'Hoop it Up' in Dallas this weekend. Oldest will work on Driver's Ed lessons, and probably spend 18 hours on the computer or other evil machines playing games. Gonna try and farm out #3 to a friends' for the night. She has softball practice in the morning, bet it's rained out!

Meeting after church on Sunday with the elder's of the church to go over #1's Eagle Project. Lots to do, lots to do!
But today should be pretty good. Need to get everybody's bag's 'packed' for their different adventures.
Have a great day!
Kristen
Old 04-28-2006, 06:11 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Well our weather has changed from rain and the 40s to sun and the upper 80s and low 90s. I have spent the past two days working and spent all day yesterday mowing and using the weed eater on the waist high grass and weeds. That stuff was so think and wet that I fear I may have burned my old mower up as it is about 20 years old and uses a lot of oil, but it was so lugged down it would just stop and I had to wait for several minutes for it to cool down enough to start. I have got to get a riding mower for that upper lot.

Ron

Old 04-29-2006, 06:18 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Going to mow for the first time this year. Built a new deck for the green tractor, got to connect up the Orange tractor to the hydraulic deck and the red mower hasn't been started in months.

Yeah, this is going to be a different weekend.

I may have to just take the cobra out and let the grass grow even longer...NOT!
Old 04-29-2006, 08:45 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Tru,

That is exactly what I did yesterday. I looked at the stuff that already needs mowing again and said the devil with it. I drove the replica down to Anderson, around to Emerson's, and then over to a friend of mine that lives on the river. The temperature was 94 and it was humid as all get out. My arms are sun burned and peeling like you wouldn't believe. And by the time I got home and out of that car, I was so wet with sweat I heard it spit as it dripped on the hot exhaust pipe while I was getting out. But I am not going to mow any more today either.

Ron

Old 04-30-2006, 07:14 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile

Another long drive yesterday in the 94 degree, humid heat and I am still drained. They had a car show in Anderson but I never went. I went by and was going to just look and take a few pictures, but they also had a horse show at the Fairgrounds at the same time and what an unorganized mess. Trying to get 70 pickups with horse trailers, the cars in the show, and the people trying to get around behind the grounds to the parking area in through one lane of one street. Traffic was backed up for over a mile. They should have made that lane just for the cars and made the people wanting to go to the parking area drove the 1/4th mile down to the next exit and that would have put them right on the street that goes in back where the parking was. I heard they had around 400 cars entered in the show. Should be one coming up in Red Bluff before to long and I normally drive down there to look as it is in the park right along side the river.

Ron

Old 04-30-2006, 09:47 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Broke a mower and my spirit. I am tired of fixing things.

Erich has a hockey game today, think I'll rest until the game.

Ron, good to hear you are out with the cobra. I'm thinking of waiting ( it is overcast and looks like rain ) 'till later in the week.