S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.29 average. Display Modes
Old 05-09-2006, 06:53 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Ron,sometime ago you asked if I still had the VIN# for the '69 Torino Cobra I had.
I looked and I looked.No VIN# found.BUT I did find one of the original keys to it.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:25 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Kristen, I am sorry to hear of your loss. I am sure we all will be think of you and your family. Please pass my condolences to Dave and the kids.

Old 05-09-2006, 02:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR 427 S/C, 351W, 5 Sp & KMP142 - 427 SO, 4 Spd
Not Ranked     

Kristen,

You have been busy - as usual. Sorry to hear of your loss. Sounds like
she was a wonderful person who enjoyed life better and longer than most.
We should be so lucky!
Now don't forget to take care of your Cobra!
Old 05-09-2006, 03:28 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

Ron - your Kalifornia liquid sunshire has arrived. Raining cats and dogs, with a lot of poodles today. Forcast is 8 days of rain in the next 10 days. Thankfully I got three ride in after coming home from vacation.

Today was a good day for a 2 hour nap

Hope your driveway bill is less than the cost of your cars ....
Old 05-09-2006, 04:17 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR 427 S/C, 351W, 5 Sp & KMP142 - 427 SO, 4 Spd
Not Ranked     

wtm442 - Guess it took awhile for the rain to make it to Taxachusits - hope
you don't get the 43+days of rain that we got in Hawaii and sent to Ron in
Kalifornia.
I got wet last Saturday on the way home from the North Shore. If I take the
Cobra it rains, if I take my pu it doesn't, but one has to keep trying!

Ron - hope you get your driveway in before you get more floods? Or is the
rain over and it is time to bake there, to be replaced with watching and dodging fires a bit later?
Old 05-09-2006, 07:26 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

that sounds like Ron's part of the country, for sure! floods, bake, fires.

took Pepe out of the trailer finally. Tucked all safe in the garage. Suburban back in the driveway again. oh well. really oughta look into a lift.....

It was way hot today. 98* in my car. Hot wind, too. Felt like a furnace blowing....

supposed to have scattered thunderstorms all week, off and on. Glad I got my track time in last week. that was fun!
Went to the school 'talent show' this evening with the boys. David did softball with the girls. divide and conquer....

seeya.
k

another peek at TMS...

Victory Lane

Last edited by hey,littlecobra; 05-09-2006 at 07:31 PM..
Old 05-10-2006, 05:39 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile

Long day yesterday. Jerry worked all day with the grader and backhoe getting the old driveway out and hauled to the dump. Today he will try to get the road base in. I have to go to the dentist this morning and I am not looking forward to that at all. I am sunburned, sore, and both of my legs cramped all night. I had to do something that I am just not used to yesterday. Physical work. Jerry and his wife Gail and I grew up together through our teens and Gail works as hard as any of them. She is in great shape for a 60 year old person of any gender. I had to take breaks and she just kept shoveling and loading stuff. Wow, to be young and just 60 again.

I think our wet weather is over now. It is in the 80s now and may last in that range for a week before we jump to the 90s and then the 110+ Summer heat. I am miserable, hurt over, and my legs really hurt but I never felt better in a long time. Won't be able to get the Cobras out for about a week as they had to dig so deep to find good ground to put the road base on and I sure can't get them out of that 13" drop off at the edge of the street. But progress is being made and that is encouraging.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 05-10-2006, 07:20 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yuk! Ron, you are not having fun. The dentist.

Another good shot of pepe'.

It was my turn to be out in the cobra last night. it was a nice 73 outside and clouds rolling on for rain. Erich and I did a drive to the parts store.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:44 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile

Tru,

Glad you got to take a drive. I am hoping that Jerry can get the paving done today. They hauled in four 10 whee dump trucks of road base yesterday and spent all day spreading and rolling it. Crap, that would make a good driveway and is much better than any of our streets. am so sunburned that it hurts all over. Forgot to put a cap on on with no hair I look like Rudolph the red nosed render except the whole top of my heard is bright red. I hope we get finished today as I am really tired of shoveling and I need to get started mowing again. Also both legs are cramping bad. Once this is over and a couple of other things, I am going to gt the cars out and forget the yards for a day or so.
Gads, can you believe $72 dollars just to have you teeth cleaned. Every six months it goes up and soon I am going to have them pulled as it is cheaper. Nine dollars a tooth for 10 minutes of cleaning is ridiculous.

Ron

Old 05-11-2006, 09:18 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Rain for five days...yuk!
Old 05-11-2006, 10:32 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Not Ranked     
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by trularin
Rain for five days...yuk!

What, only 5 days? I've had rain for 3 days and the forecast is for 9 days of rain out of the next 10 days.

UGH

Guess I'll have do do some painting inside the house, or maybe some cooking ... hummmm ... time to try that new recipe I got for a turkey meat loaf.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:35 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61
Tru,
Gads, can you believe $72 dollars just to have you teeth cleaned. Every six months it goes up and soon I am going to have them pulled as it is cheaper. Nine dollars a tooth for 10 minutes of cleaning is ridiculous.

Ron
How about $7,000.00 for 2 implants and a crown.

And the other day, I spent $52 to fill up the tank of the Cobra.

Geeezzz ... I may have to go back to work.

ARGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. No way!!!!!!
Old 05-12-2006, 05:31 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile

Warren,

At my age I would just skip the crown and implants and buy gas. Fortunately my last crown was free instead of the $750 he normally charges. The owner of the Dental Labs that my dentist uses told Doug that he was going to make the crown free and he should put it in free, so I lucked out.

Well the drive way is finally in. Now I have to raise my gates about an inch. That old one had no base at all in it and Jerry put in several loads of base and rolled it down until it quit sinking and was packed hard. hen he put from 3" to about 1 1/2 inch of asphalt on top and rolled it. Now I have to wait a day or so to use it as the heat is keeping it hot and I can park in the upper driveway until it gets completely cooled down. But I think I can raise the gates by myself. If not I will call the fence company and have them send a man out to help as they are 16' long and it may be hard to hold the side by the post and raise it while keeping the far end from moving.

Ron

Old 05-12-2006, 03:45 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ron
Glad to see that you are getting driveway fixed.

If you are feeling bad about the good weather, its been raining here for the last 4 days and the forecast is for about 9 more days with showers.

They predict 4 inches of rain over the weekend
Old 05-12-2006, 04:15 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm waiting for the Rice crispies to talk to me.

I get to that stage and I'm going to have to stop driving the Cobra.

It is raining right now. If it keeps this up, I may have to send it all back to Ron ( or I could send it to Warren, He doesn't have anything to do )
Old 05-12-2006, 05:33 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Wink

Tru - you can mail all the rain to me. We still are below normal in total rainfall so the area is still considered "DRY".

Ron - I took the oral surgeon for a ride the other day and its paid off already - he did not charge me for the last two check-ups after the implants, saving me about $150.

So I went by his office Sunday (before it started raining) and e-mailed him a copy.

Tru - close your eyes if photo of my SPF offends you .... but I know Kristen likes all photos

Time to watch the Busch race .... later ....
Old 05-13-2006, 05:19 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

nice pic, Warren!

off to the show at AER. Not taking the Cobra. Catching a ride with Jim in his. going as a 'joyrider'. how fun! Don't have the time today to do the whole show. It is a lonnnnggg day up there. We're going for the fun! Breakfast at the IHOP.
I"ll take pics, too, of course.
Old 05-13-2006, 05:48 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile

Warren,

Only 4 days of rain. We had 57 straight before we got a two day break and then another 13 days straight. You are only having showers.
Yea, I am glad that driveway is finally done. The guy who did it I more or less grew up with and it is hard to imagine he and his wife have two sons that are 40 years old. Gail, his wife almost wore me out watching her work. She spends the whole day shoveling and raking that hot asphalt plus she drives all of the equipment too.
Nice picture of your Cobra. Maybe I should try that with Doug. This is the first cleaning in years that they never found some filling or chip that just had to be fixed. Now next month is my appointment with my eye glass doctor and I am pretty sure the lens will have to be changed. Today is a rest day. Just watch the Cup race tonight and do nothing the rest of the day.

Ron

Old 05-13-2006, 07:08 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Warren, none of your pics offend me. They are all good.

I am doing two car shows so far, one at C&Js ( a local lube place ) and one at Delphi in Flint. But I am not sure I could do the car activities that some of you all do.

Have a dry day.
Old 05-13-2006, 10:41 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtm442
They predict 4 inches of rain over the weekend
Revision - updated forecast is for 5 to 7 inches before tomorrow evening.

Yikes

Thats inches of RAIN, you gutterheads....

New river in my back yard .... guess I cannot plant the veggies today ...

Last edited by wtm442; 05-13-2006 at 11:07 AM..