June 2024
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.29 average. Display Modes
Old 10-14-2007, 06:18 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Just remember, if you raise the temperature to something respectable, the air will condense and it will rain inside your porch.

Been there, done that.

Old 10-15-2007, 02:28 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

Gud morn world
Temp outside is 34 °F. I wonder if the last of my tomatoes survived Heat still off and temp in bedroom at 68°F. Not bad, until it stays in the 30's all day!

Tru - I've had temps of over 100°F on the porch with outside temps in the 50's and I've never had a humidity problem.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:41 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Do you dehumidify your air? Removing the water means it will not have enough to condense.

I did a solar porch and it was warm during the day in the winter, but it would rain a little from the ceiling glass. It would be 10 to 20 outsside and the solar room would get to 80. Double pain glass and thermal ( rock ) floor.

Old 10-15-2007, 07:53 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by trularin
Do you dehumidify your air?
Nope. Just a wooden frame porch (6 ft wide by 20 ft long) with 7 windows that take up nearly 100% of the south facing area. Regular roof with asphalt shingles - no sky lites.

My brother-in-law did the same thing as you on their last house. He had the same problem of the moisture condensing on the roof panels. He modified it so the roof was sloped enough to let the moisture run down the panels into a barrel. He probably spent $5K worth of materials to save $1K worth of energy. They moved 2 years after he built it.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:49 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well, I didn't build it for the solar energy, I build the glass room becuase it was great to sit in and watch eveything.

The walls and roof were glass, no skylights and at night, you could see so many stars. There were four crank out windows in the front so in the summer the air would blow through.

Dang, that was a great room. I designed it myself.

Old 10-15-2007, 10:41 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Tru

"Was" a great room? What happened? Moved?

I like my porch too. Great in the morning with all the birds out feeding. Squirrels everywhere. But being on a peninsula, no big animals like deer or wild turkeys venture in a mile long road with NO cover. Throw out a piece of bread and 100 birds come from everywhere to fight over the food.

Not too many stars. I live in a city with 90K population and the center of Boston is within 10 miles. Too many lights drown out the night sky.

Temp up to 59°F. Tempted to go for a short ride even though its partly cloudy. But first I got to go food shopping. Then put out the rubbish and recyclables and yard waste (we have 3 trucks pick up stuff). Downstairs temp went from 63°F to 72°F with the porch window fan on. Not bad since the temp on the porch has never got above 76°F. Upstairs, which is always warmer than downstairs has gone from 68 to 71°F.

I hope Ron has not stopped posting like he was saying, and/or he is alright.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:20 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm not big on those furry bastards, they tear up a lot of stuff.

Yeah, we sold and moved, then I built the house we are in now.

I can say I built the house I live in and have it mean exactly that.

I also built four ( working on the fifth ) outbuildings.

Ron's probably just reading all of the posts and sitting back.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:07 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Tru - You sound like a busy beaver.

Just got back from a 2 hour drive. These pictures are near Black's Creek, about 1/2 mile from the ocean.

Check out the lonely duck in the water ....

Drove up to the new golf course they built using tons and tons of dirt from the Big Dig to fill in the old granite quarries. Nice views from anywhere on the course, especially the skyline of Boston.

Right down the street from the golf course, they are going to build a mini-Fenway park for the kids.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:05 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
I'm not big on those furry bastards, they tear up a lot of stuff.
Good thing you let me know about that. I guess I will not be sending my new truck to you for working around the farm.
Attached Images

Old 10-15-2007, 05:43 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Everyone seems to go to that site and get those pictures.

I can't remember the name of the site, but it sure gets a lot of pics.

you can leave your new buggy at home.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:04 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR 427 S/C, 351W, 5 Sp & KMP142 - 427 SO, 4 Spd
Not Ranked     

Gypsys in Romania, or something like that - what a collection of odd vehicles.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:59 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Of course, when your car breaks down, and the cost of a tow is too expensive, this is the only way to go!
Attached Images

Old 10-16-2007, 06:01 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Those three guys probably lifted that car onto that cart.

Old 10-17-2007, 02:28 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

What a beautiful fall day ...
the sun is shining ...
the leaves are changing colors ...
some of the leaves are gently falling to the ground ...
you can hear the birds singing ....

and you can faintly still hear the sound of a 351 small block at 5800 RPM in third gear ....

Nice ride today!
Old 10-18-2007, 04:09 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Warren,

Enjoy it. The bad weather is on the way. It left here yesterday headed for your house.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 10-18-2007, 04:47 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

So am I to understand that Ron has sent the Mt. Shasta goddess to Warren's house?

Old 10-18-2007, 04:56 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

That is correct. He is making me feel so bad with all of his pictures and rides that I felt a few feet of snow might slow him down some. We were supposed to have rain all week but so far nothing but about 1/2" and overcast, so I figured why waste the clouds.

I also looked at a couple of cars yesterday, neither of which I could begin to afford. One was really a lousy piece of junk and way over priced even if I could afford to buy anything now. It seems every week my medical bills are just getting larger and larger. I think I am going to have to just stop going to the doctor as I can't afford it and there is nothing that can be done anyway so why waste the money. And I won't borrow money for medical reasons.

Ron

Old 10-18-2007, 06:04 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
So am I to understand that Ron has sent the Mt. Shasta goddess to Warren's house?

Tru - be careful what you wish for ... the Goddess has to pass your way before it gets to me!

Supposed to be cloudy and a few sprinkles for the next few days. And by the time the Mt Shasta Goddess has dumped her load on Tru, I'll be on vacation in Martha's Vineyard.

I dare you, Mt Shasta Goddess, to dump snow on me. I double dare you!

Tough day today. Just got up and its 9 AM already. Guess I'll have some breakfast and then decide what I should do today.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:25 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Warren,

I still think that you should have one of the Kennedy's fly you there and back. Just think, no traffic and you can rest comfortably while on the way. Of course to where no one would know.

Ron

Old 10-18-2007, 12:09 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61
.... have one of the Kennedy's fly you there. Ron
I always thought you were a levelheaded person. There is no way I would get into any plane, train, car, go-cart, shopping cart, roller skates, Segway, Flexible Flyer cart, with any Massachusetts Kennedy or relative at the wheel.

Anybody that jumps 12,000 times out of a plane (like Ernie) has a lot of courage, but a ride from a Kennedy is a suicide wish.

It was supposed to be a cloudy day with rain showers, but there are NO clouds in the sky, and the temperature is 71 °F outside, so bye-bye for a while