S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.29 average. Display Modes
Old 12-16-2008, 04:56 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Freezing rain thru the night and freezing drizzle moving in from the south this morning.Tempt most likely won't get to 32 today.

I have an appointment at the VA this morning at 8:30. Started a new Cholesterol med a month ago.So they are suppose to draw blood and see if it is wiping out my liver or kidneys or something.

Called and canceled,I don't think I want to dent up my STi to hear "Your cholesterol is still too high." Looks like they could put that on tape and I could promise to play it back every few months.Save both of us a big pain in the azz.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:22 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Fred,

In return for all of your offers to help me with my dental work, I would be happy to cut a vein and get a quart of your blood to send to them.

By the way, where is Warren? I get e-mails from him but don't see him on line much lately. He hasn't said how his tooth work is coming along or if he has the bridge built or not.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 12-16-2008, 05:27 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

It sure would be a big help if you would send in some of yours.Then they might leave me alone.

Wonder how they would deal with a sample of the Ho Sister's red stuff ?
Most likely have CDC pull up and quarintine me.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:52 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Just do what a guy out here did when he had to go in for a urine test. He got a friend to let him have some of his and then took it in and after going to the bathroom gave that to his doctor. After they got the test results they called him to rush back in as he was in very bad shape from all of the dope he was using. He almost had a heart attack.

Darn. I just went out to open my gate and the lock was frozen and it is sleeting right now. So I guess my question about overcast is answered. It is now 30 degrees and they now say the high for today may not make 40.

Ron

Last edited by Ron61; 12-16-2008 at 05:58 AM.. Reason: To Add Weather
Old 12-16-2008, 05:58 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

GMW
Fred, no cojones? I love to watch Texas drivers skid all over the place when the first ice storm hits. They always show videos up here.

Projected high temp for the next 10 days is a balmy 42°F. What happened to the fall season? Guess I took a nap and missed it.

With any cholesterol med, watch out for muscle soreness anywhere. Some of the meds have a nice side effect of muscles being sore ... why? The muscle is being eaten internally. Not that rare of a condition. Other thing to watch out for is eating grapefruit with one of the cholesterol meds causing some horrific side effect.

Nice ride yesterday ... will post some pics later. Time for some coffee and breakfast. It should be called breakslow.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:09 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtm442 View Post
GMW
Fred, no cojones? I love to watch Texas drivers skid all over the place when the first ice storm hits. They always show videos up here.

With any cholesterol med, watch out for muscle soreness anywhere. Some of the meds have a nice side effect of muscles being sore ... why? The muscle is being eaten internally. Not that rare of a condition. Other thing to watch out for is eating grapefruit with one of the cholesterol meds causing some horrific side effect.

Nice ride yesterday ... will post some pics later. Time for some coffee and breakfast. It should be called breakslow.
Down here it doesn't matter much if it's the 1st or last.It gets crazy when it rains much less freezing rain.

These meds are my second try at chol. meds. The first,I think it was Zocor,was really bad news.This one is Crestor and have been doing really good with it,as far as side effects.

Have you been hanging out in the flower bed molesting Turtle ?
Old 12-16-2008, 07:48 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Snowing!! Went out to take the pups for their morning run and it is snowing so hard I had trouble seeing. Also getting slick. Another degree or two colder and we will have a real mess. If it would warm up about 2 degrees that would really help. This heavy, wet stuff is covering the streets now except the main Blvd. where the traffic is heavy. A mile and a half in this is to much for me but the dogs don't seem to mind it at all. In fact they get out and play in it and then come inside looking like two big snowballs. If I wanted to live in this I would move to TEXAS.

Ron

Old 12-16-2008, 08:45 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Mike Z, I had to put the crane on 1 x 12 blocks so I could move the pallet under the legs and drop the engine. Yes, it has the pan and is mostly complete.

It was trick to get the crane to drop the engine in the middle as the legs are under the engine. Once the engine was dropped, I simply lifted the legs out of the way and parked the crane.

It was 12 this morning. I found some real nice ice this morning on the way in to work, did a 180 in the street. Wasn't going very fast so I was just shaken, but I would want to do it again.

I heard it was cold in CA.

Ron, did you get your snow shovel back from Warren??

Old 12-16-2008, 10:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Wicked
Not Ranked     

Spun the tires a few times on the way in to work today, but not too bad. Nothing I couldn't handle as I was expecting it, and I took it real easy. I left 40 min earlier than normal and got to work at my usual time. My normal 20-30 min drive took just over an hour, but I wasn't pushing anything, just taking it real easy.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:56 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR 427 S/C, 351W, 5 Sp & KMP142 - 427 SO, 4 Spd
Not Ranked     

No snow here, but we have had way more than enough rain lately.
The North Shore area was flooded out with a lot of damage to homes and cars.
Still rain on and off but not the volume we got earlier.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:13 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Well we now have sun and most of the clouds are gone but it is cold as all get out. It really looked weird a little earlier as the sun was shining brightly and snow was falling. I believe all of that left here heading East. Tomorrow is still supposed to be sunny but very cold.

Ron

Old 12-16-2008, 12:02 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 392cobra View Post
Have you been hanging out in the flower bed molesting Turtle ?
Hey, don't knock it until you have tried it. Keeps my cholesterol level down to about 140. When I started eating better about 6 years ago while working, it was 275 to 300. Now its 110 to 180. 110 when I'm good and losing weight and 180 when gaining weight. Doc wants it lower than 149.

Snowing in Texas and California
Tru and Joe doing loop de loops. Reminds me of the 720 I did in the Cobra last week with a lot of white stuff out behind the car ... snow? Nope - Goodyears giving up their mileage. Really made some nice skid marks in a repaved parking lot.
Heavy rain here (all day today and tomorrow) and in Hawaii.

Nice weather. There are still almost 1/2 million homes in New England without power. I wonder if there have been a lot of cooking on the BBQ grille lately.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

No loop de loops for me. Just spun the tires a little, stayed in a strait line. Several people here at work said they saw people spin out and slide into ditches, but I did not see any of that. I guess I left before the idiots.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:35 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Oh boy oh boy ... its snowing outside.

Maybe there will not be any school tomorrow. Yah
Old 12-17-2008, 01:29 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Well it looks as if the snow that left here has arrived at Warren's. It is cold and windy here right now, but by daylight that could change the way the weather is lately. Enjoy the Winter Warren.

Ron

Old 12-17-2008, 03:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Freezing part is gone, but more joy with the weather

Quote:
... DENSE FOG ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON CST TODAY... ... FREEZING FOG ADVISORY IS CANCELLED...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN FORT WORTH HAS ISSUED A DENSE FOG ADVISORY... WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON CST TODAY. THE FREEZING FOG ADVISORY HAS BEEN CANCELLED.

WARM AND MOIST AIR WILL CONTINUE TO MIX DOWN TO THE SURFACE AND BRING SLOWLY WARMING TEMPERATURES ALONG WITH AREAS OF DENSE FOG. TEMPERATURES WILL REMAIN ABOVE FREEZING THROUGH THE MORNING SO ANY FOG THAT FORMS IS NOT EXPECTED TO FREEZE. THUS... THE FREEZING FOG ADVISORY HAS BEEN CANCELED. VISIBILITIES WILL OCCASIONALLY FALL BELOW ONE QUARTER MILE THROUGH THE MORNING. ALL VISIBILITIES SHOULD IMPROVE ABOVE 1 MILE AFTER NOON.

A DENSE FOG ADVISORY MEANS VISIBILITIES WILL BE REDUCED TO LESS THAN ONE QUARTER MILE. IF DRIVING... SLOW DOWN... USE YOUR LOW-BEAM HEADLIGHTS... AND LEAVE PLENTY OF DISTANCE BETWEEN YOU AND THE VEHICLE AHEAD OF YOU.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:53 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Joe,

We have already had more fog here this winter than we normally do. And some of it froze on the cars and fences. It was very cold and wet and I would bet that 70% of the idiots I saw driving were going 60 MPH with no lights on and those white and light gray cars sure do blend in well with that type of fog.

Ron

Old 12-17-2008, 04:00 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The Mt Shasta Goddess is still a hag. Not enough snow to cancel school. Only a dusting on the grass ... no accumulation on the streets. Woe is me. Have to get dressed for school.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:38 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Warren,

Just wait. You will have more than you want soon. What kind of school are you going to? Learn to love the Frog!

Ron

Old 12-17-2008, 05:45 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

2 to 4 inches last night.

Looks like I will be plowing tonight.