S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.29 average. Display Modes
Old 12-17-2008, 07:41 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

Fred-
Happy Birthday to Josh!! It's amazing they are already 18!!

And i know ya'll are so excited about Tech, coming up so soon....
Peter has accepted to Texas A&M, so i guess we now have an Aggie in the house!! lol

Graham will probably end up at UTexas, so it might be interesting here.

Merry Christmas, everybody.
K
Old 12-17-2008, 07:42 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I just got back from the dog walking and it is 28 here right now but the sun is about to get up over the mountain. The forecast for tomorrow and Friday is for showers and temperatures in the 40s. So that probably means it will be clean and sunny and in the 30s.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 12-17-2008, 07:51 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey,littlecobra View Post
Fred-
Happy Birthday to Josh!! It's amazing they are already 18!!
And i know ya'll are so excited about Tech, coming up so soon....
Peter has accepted to Texas A&M, so i guess we now have an Aggie in the house!! lol

Graham will probably end up at UTexas, so it might be interesting here.

Merry Christmas, everybody.
K
It is hard to believe !!

Seems like Josh and Peter were born within an hour of each other (??). Josh was born at 8:35pm.

Tell Peter Happy Birthday for us.

Is Graham working on Aggie Jokes yet ?
Old 12-17-2008, 08:18 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

6:19 pm; Presby Dallas.

EVERYBODY is working on Aggie jokes.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:17 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post
Warren, What kind of school are you going to?
Ron
Squantum Elementary School. Beam me up Scottie, time for my pills.

No ride today. The snow dusting we got last night turned to drizzle today with the temp just above freezing. We've had so much rain my sump pump is doing its thing and my neighbor's dry creek bed has areas of white water.

Flood warning in effect until Thursday evening and then it starts to snow again. Glad I made some chili last night. Eight quarts. Yum.

Happy Birthday to Josh & Peter.

Tru - thanks for intercepting all the Mt Shasta gifts b/4 it gets to me. Time to go food shopping (this is a recording).
Old 12-17-2008, 08:54 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Not Ranked     

Crap - just watched the weather report. We are supposed to get 8 to 12 inches of the Mt Shasta dandruff on Friday, flurries on Saturday and another storm on Sunday ... but it might be rain.

Watched a report on TV about 5 inches of snow in Las Vegas! Glad we have global warming.

Guess I'll go start up the snowblower tomorrow and get some gas.

At least I got electricity. There are still over 100,000 homes w/o power in NE. On the 11 O'clock news, they said it might be AFTER New Years b/4 everyone gets their power back. Boy, that would really suck a big one.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:06 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Warren,

That ice storm was a mess and who knows. Before they can get all the power back they may have have more trees that knock out some they have restored.

In the snow you are going to get from Mt. Shasta, look for a bright red flake. I painted it just for you.

Ron

Last edited by Ron61; 12-18-2008 at 05:15 AM.. Reason: Spedding
Old 12-18-2008, 03:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Wicked
Not Ranked     

LOL Ron, that was good. I am so tired this morning, that I actually pictured it.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:18 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Joe,

It is so cold here this morning that I had trouble getting the gates open. It is 25 and the high is supposed to be around 40. They are also saying we will have snow and rain this morning but so far nothing but some overcast. I do not care much for this cold.

Ron

Old 12-18-2008, 10:18 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR 427 S/C, 351W, 5 Sp & KMP142 - 427 SO, 4 Spd
Not Ranked     

I feel sorry for those who have visited Hawaii in the last week or so
looking for sunshine - seems we have had a lot of clouds and rain mixed
with some bad flooding lately - at least on Oahu. On the good side the
temperatures are in the high 70's low 80's so it shouldn't be a total loss,
especially if you from somewhere like Minnesota. No snow either!
Old 12-18-2008, 10:23 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Flip,

You don't know what you are missing. You should spend today here.It is all the way up to 29 and overcast right now. Forecast keeps saying rain, but so far nothing but cold. They had to close one of the highways going East for 4 hours because of Fog. I believe today would be an excellent day for you to put on a sky diving exhibition here. Just don't hit the ground very hard or you may shatter.

Ron

Old 12-18-2008, 12:36 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR 427 S/C, 351W, 5 Sp & KMP142 - 427 SO, 4 Spd
Not Ranked     

Ron,

I have lived in Columbus, Ohio for a few years and in Rhode Island off and on for a number of years - I know first hand about winters. That is why when I came to Hawaii 35 years ago I never bothered to leave, except for short
visits to the mainland and only in the summer. I don't like cold!
Old 12-18-2008, 03:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Warmer today, raining off and on and foggy all day. Supposed to warm to the mid 70s for Friday and Saturday, Saturday night a cold front dropping back down to freezing again for Sunday and the first part of next week.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley, Mopar thingy (small block of course)
Not Ranked     

We should be getting about a foot overnight tonight. Unless it warms up a bit and it comes down as freezing rain.

I need to get some new tires for the Cobra. Had about a third of the tread peel off the BFGs. Not at all unexpected since they are getting old and have been past the 117mph speed rating a time or two, or three, or...

My cousin invited dad and me and some of his friends to go racing karts this past October. It was pretty fun. They are a shifter cart chassis with a 4 stroke Honda engine and they topped out about 50mph. 16 of us altogether with up to ten at a time with transponders and electronic timing for qualifying and the races. Unfortunately three of the guys race karts all over Wisconsin (one of them had the number two best time overall at this track in these karts) so I ended up fourth in the A main. I wasn't too disappointed, I could have had third if I wanted to race dirty but Jay raced me clean in all the qualifiers and heats. Overall my lap times were .1 second off the top racers average and that was my first time at that track and those karts. it was quite a workout. After the qualifying session (done like the old style F1 races with the best time over a period of time, not a set number of laps) I could hardly get the helmet off my hands were cramping up so bad.

If Em has a snow day tomorrow Jenny will get a pic of her and we can post it. Otherwise I'll get it on the weekend.

Here is a few from last winter. http://thedolphinfamily.net/slideshow/
Old 12-18-2008, 06:56 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: R.U.C.C. with a 427FE, toploader
Not Ranked     

Karts are a lot of fun! they just closed the kart track just north of us last week because it was on airport property and it was a security issue...what a joke! they even offered to fence it off from the airport and they still said no.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:20 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtm442 View Post
Guess I'll go start up the snowblower tomorrow and get some gas.
Triple crap. Something wrong with the fuel delivery on the snowblower. Brought it in the cellar. Guess I'll be taking it apart tomorrow as the snow comes down. Never done anything to the 20 yr old Ariens, so this will be an adventure into ?????

Of course, I could just turn off the lights and go into hibernation until April.

Must be a varnish build-up/blockage or something plugging up the line. If I take out the plug and spray in some starting fluid, it runs like a champ for 4 seconds and then dies immediately. New gas, and I even treated it to a new spark plug ($1.29 at AutoZone).
Old 12-19-2008, 01:02 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Joe,

It is still in the 20s here in the morning and overcast but so far none of the snow they keep saying we are going to get. I see they have now changed tomorrows forecast from sunny and cold to overcast and possible showers. So far 21 days of fore casted snow and showers and we have a total of less that 1/4th inch of moisture from them.

Warren,

Work hard on that antique. By the time you get it going the snow will be to deep for it. Next time try putting some sta bil in it. Maybe Tru will be a nice guy and bring one of his tractors down and dig you out.

Ron

Old 12-19-2008, 04:25 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ron
I always run the snowblower out of gas. It has a gas shutoff valve and thats how I turn it off. I also use Stabil in the gas. I'm really not sure what is wrong with it. We are supposed to get 8 to 12 inches (maybe more), but its is supposed to rain on Sunday. Rain is "anti-Shasta".

Deep Throat will not be down for breakfast (no, not Linda). Mark Felt died.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:09 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
I saw that about Mark Felt.

Also rain on top of snow makes a real nice covering of ice and very hard snow. Besides if your forecasts are as bad as the ones here there is no way you can depend on rain Sunday. We have supposed to have had snow the last two days and all it has done is be very cold and overcast. Now they say sunny and cold tomorrow, so it will probably rain.

Warren,

I think we must have been the hole in the center of this as all we got was very cold weather and a dusting of snow. Even The strip in Las Vegas got more than we did. Watch out, it may decide to head toward you.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081219/...w.kSM3VvBvzwcF

Ron

Last edited by Ron61; 12-19-2008 at 05:46 AM.. Reason: To Add Storm Link
Old 12-19-2008, 07:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Sunny and warm here this morning. Supposed to be nice all day. Same tomorrow, then drop to the 30s tomorrow night, high on Sunday is lower 40s, and dropping to the lower 20s/upper teens Sunday night. It just seems the cold fronts come through every weekend and warm up by the end of the week, just to drop again. It is amazing that we all are not sick. 3 weeks in a row, about to be 4 now of the same weather pattern.